Terry Gou for President?

I think there is provision for Karoshi and overtime laws were obviously changed over the last few years in Taiwan. We can see a lot of places close on Sundays now. Less people work on Saturdays and seems to be a bit less hanging around in the evenings than before in the offices.

Bernie Sanders is the real deal. Really hope he gets the nomination after all the bullshit of the last few years. (Don’t want to side track this thread…but he’s not made of plastic like the rest of them :))

I’m definitely concerned with this Terry Gou and Han Guo Yu exploiting the economic angle throwing out candies for votes. At the same time it’s up to Taiwanese people to make up their mind what they actually want . They seem to vacillate endlessly (remember we had MYJ for 8 years before Tsai). The KMT field is wide open so who knows which candidate will go forward. Tsai unfortunately went quiet during her term which is no surprise since she is an (accomplished ) technocrat. Hope we can get all those arms purchases and domestic arms development signed off asap, she has been working on local arms industry development for asymmetric defense .

Well, him and Mazu have made international news.

“Today, Mazu told me I should be inspired by her to do good things for people who are suffering, to give young people hope, to support cross-strait peace,” Gou said, adding that the goddess had recently spoken to him in a dream. “I came to ask Mazu and she told me to come forward.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-17/foxconn-s-gou-says-sea-goddess-backs-his-run-for-taiwan-leader

Is he…the Goddess Emperor???

nani

1 Like

Maybe this can be his Campaign slogan :confused:

The announcement made the international news.

I need to consult my oracle, things like things can’t be left to rational decisions.

1 Like

OTOH it shows the KMT are getting desperate, getting their best steak to attract the masses, can’t let DPP win again at any costs. Moreover, one interesting point is that Guo is financing his own campaign. The KMT is not even risking their own money on this bet. As a matter of fact, they are charging him for the honor.

They won’t win without him. But sadly I’m almost certainly sure they will win.with him. It’s just in the cultural DNA here. People respect strong leaders.

Tsai is too weak and the dpp are a joke on so many levels. Terry will steamroll them, especially with backing from across the strait.

Yep. And the press, both local and foreign.

I better pack the antiacid, between Guo and Korean Fish, news are going to become nauseating. All that pandering will make any thinking person sick.

I am five years away from saving enough for retirement. Will Taiwan still exist then?

Geographically? Yes.

4 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

Ok, will my bank account still exist? Heck guys I am not like you, I can’t take the money back to the old country. Rats!

Turn it into gold and hide it in the walls

The money is the one thing that will still exist.

Eh walls of what where…?

Anyways, future looks dim here in Taiwan.

Buy gold and hide it in the walls. old school style.

BBC went straight for the headline grab :rofl:

Forget the headline that the prime supplier of Apple iPhone is the same person.

Time to start planning the escape

2 Likes

4 Likes