Terry Gou for President?

lots of rich people like that.
my dad worked in a Dow component firm (at that time) and knew the CEO (way before he became CEO), who drove a beat-up old 4x4 as CEO.

Similar stories like that for Buffett, too.

Genghis Khan? More like Gangraped Kunt.

Oh he seems to be political alright. Motivated by $$$ though.

He wouldn’t be a trojan horse he would be a giant gaping hole through our democratic institutions.

Also if anybody has followed him through the years would realise theres not much to him beyond his capacity to make money for himself.

3 Likes

I’d like to see what sort of empty promises he can come up with. The prunes and handicart set are the biggest demographic who are going to want to cash in on their misguided investments.

Bernie’s income only shot up after gaining national attention in the 2016 election. His message has been the same since the 80s, and hasn’t changed after he became a millionaire himself. Those qualities show that he is a man of principle and integrity.

4 Likes

Jane Pauley, Phil Donahue, they’re back!!!
The 80s, :v:

And yep, he´s tugging all strings:

Similaritie sto Trump: womanizer, dubious deals fortune, religious backup. Check, check and check.

1 Like

Gengis khan as your hero. The supreme bloodthirsty demon who killed his own brother…hero. Yeah

Bet God doesn’t think so.

What a bunch a ho joe

Seems the world will eventually be led by a bunch of evil men , spawns of Satan in the end days

1 Like

Another high level KMT member who announced that he will definitely run is Wang Jing-ping, who also claims that Matsu has told him to run.

So it’s obvious that Matsu wants as many people closely associated with the KMT to run for 2020 as possible. I wish they all adhere to her guidance and run independently even if they don’t become the party’s front runner.

1 Like

Patron saint of fisherfolk,…and the KMT.

1 Like

I was thinking that Guo adheres to a similar line of thought as Jack Ma, who recently praised the 12 hour work day. However, even in China and China controlled Hong Kong his words were met with derison and an internet campaign is showing their displeasure and the effects of such long hours on workers.

Here, as Guo said, no one cares if a workers suicides, karoshi is not even a legal issue like in Japan, and everyone adores him for being a “savvy” businessman.

Seriously, what Taiwan needs to change is to engage some cojones .- please note the word is cojones, not cajones. Cajones means boxes, while cojones means balls, huevos in Spanish.

And the shoe has dropped

K-man, I have a bag of organic coffee with your name on it juist for the translation of the certificate, :rofl:, awesome beyond genius.

I was trying to gulp down my dinner when I got the part where Guo says

Earlier in the day, Gou said that he will definitely follow the instructions given to him in a dream by the sea goddess Matsu (媽祖) to come out and do good for the suffering of the people, and bring peace and prosperity to Taiwan. He described himself as being “like the righteous son of Matsu,” and that the goddess has asked him to do more for the people of Taiwan.

How about raising your workers salaries and giving them proper humane, safe working conditions?! :rant: That would be a lot more helpful to the people than a selfish, ego boosting, CPC brown-nosing presidential bid.

If they are thinking to play a Chen Shui-bian 2000 election move, I hope it explodes on their face.

This is the end of Taiwan. I really feel that way. He definitely will get elected. Tsai is too weak. Old people love Terry. He is going to come with the “Lets bring back the magic of the good old days when we worked hard, not like these lazy young people” spiel that gets the oldies excited and win all the votes.

The Trump comparisons are asinine. American institutions and systems of checks and balances stop Trump from really changing much. Gou will sell the country to Beijing.

Well thats the US of A and this is Taiwan. The US has much stronger institutions and doesn’t have a country with more than 20 times its economy, and mere 110 miles away, hellbent on annexing it. Guo could do some serious damage.
Edit: Lol just saw the comment above.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure. Younger voters aren’t buying what he’s selling.

Sure. Unfortunately Taiwan has an old conservative population.

Damn. That is bad news for Taiwan and good news for Xi.:confused: