Tesco in Taichung

Thanks for the Info :laughing:

Rare? Are there any large supermarkets in taichung that don’t have huge parking lots?

[quote=“Spack”]
Rare? Are there any large supermarkets in Tai\chung that don’t have huge parking lots?[/quote]Depends on how you define large I guess, but yes. Most of those in my neighborhood have nothing, or at most six places on the apron. Aside from the hypermarts and department stores, how many businesses make any plans for customer parking in this city?

Multi-storey supermarkets (that’s my definition of large) are required by law to provide sufficient parking.
Besides, it’s in their economic interest. Customers who find parking to be inadequate, expensive or inconvenient will just go somewhere else. There are plenty of large supermarkets to choose from.
I am always amazed at how full the parking lots in these places get. You often have to park right up on the roof in some supermarkets at the weekend, even the large ones with five or more storeys of parking. I’m thinking of the Carrefour on Da-tun road and the Geant at the south edge of the city (forgot the name of the road).
But you are right about other businesses. There just isn’t any parking or very little.

No,no,no! Sorry, but go to Jasons for Heinz beans. More expensive but the Tesco beans are not good! :noway:

Opinions, opinions… :laughing:

No,no,no! Sorry, but go to Jasons for Heinz beans. More expensive but the Tesco beans are not good! :noway:

Opinions, opinions… :laughing:[/quote]

Haha, great, and I would like to, but firstly, their baked beans are infinitely better than the ones bought in other supermarkets around here - they have none, you see. :wink:

I think they are opening in December. This is from Aaron, the importer of the Lagunitas, Blue Star, etc., beers, which Tesco may or may not be selling. Also, I drove by this morning and the interior is still filled with bamboo scaffolding.

Which is ok I guess. I’m overweight enough as it is… A December opening gives me time to do something about it.

Opinions, opinions… :laughing:[/quote]

Haha, great, and I would like to, but firstly, their baked beans are infinitely better than the ones bought in other supermarkets around here - they have none, you see. :wink:[/quote]

:s

That was fast, I was there last week and found that TESCO had two types of Hotdog rolls available Plain and with sesame. :beer: :bravo:

Looks like it should be open soon. The exterior ‘landscaping’ kind of thing is done and the interior is being painted, stuff moving in. I revise my guess to the end of November. :banana:

Tuesday Nov 30th. 6pm at Smooth - there will be a guest speaker from the Taichung TESCO.

Worth while checking it out, maybe get a free chrimbo pudding. kidding.

what the hell is s/he doing guest speaking at Smooth?..

i’d far rather s/he was being a guest speaker at an open for business Taichung TESCO… perhaps a speech along the lines of “paper or plastic sir?” would be ideal, as i gloat over my hordes of quality imported groceries… mwahahaha!.. erm… :loco:

as you can see, I’m quite excited at the propect of a TESCO in Taichung after all these years… the sooner the better… any news of opening dates?..

okay, there may be a reason for the person guest speaking at Smooth on Nov 30… Yesterday whilst in Dong Hai I saw a huge billboard announcing that TESCO will open in December… with luck that’ll mean Dec 1st…that’s next week!.. :notworthy:

now we just have to hope they have actual TESCO products not like that lame fake Costco on Gong Yi where it’s 95% local Carrefour type crap and a few jumbo size bags of Doritos… ooooh…aaaah… imported Doritos… :s

I was told the opening date would be Dec. 7th.

OHNOES!!!1!1! I’m never going to see my toes evAr again! :smiley: :smiley:

It’s open. It’s good. I’m going to get sooo fat…

Hey Mr Tesco Man.

please buzz your guys in Tainan and send them a case of malt vinegar, my chips taste like crap and where are the tins of ravioli gone and come to think of it you put the hot dog rolls with six in a pack. Still the wrong number. And where the bloody hell has the marmite gone?
Hey Tesco’s sort it out . Don’t tell me I have to go to Costco and buy 500 of the same bloody thing.

Some pretty good sausages, Lincolnshire Cumberland, plain pork and selection of big US ones. Tasted good to me for breakfast today…

Cumberland sausage!!! Heaven. Thank you, Tesco. :bravo:

They are somewhat salty in the Zhongli Tesco… Don’t really like them.