Tesco in Taichung

Mr He wrote

That’s exactly what my wife said. She didn’t like them either which is why I ended up eating eight sausages today. After years without real English sausages, these were a little taste of heaven, albeit a slightly queasy one at around number six!

Are they supposed to be salty?

bloody hell…

i drove all the way to the Taichung Tesco from DaKeng last night, only to find i couldn’t get near the place… they really did put it in a truly retarded location… HeNan / QingHai interection was a train wreck… anywhere near the Tesco on QingHai was a quagmire of triple parked cars and bikes, the parking lot was full, but since there was no staff to mention that fact people were driving down the alley toward it regardless, creating another blocked solid traffic screw up trying to get past those who’d given up and were trying to get out… there was just one idiot cop half heartedly waving his light stick around, and doing his damdest to ignore the the traffic meltdown happening around him…

all in all, i suppose it’s a combination of the usual sunday evening shopping madness and the “new store opened, must take entire family to have a look see, ideally triple park the shitty SUV outside blocking traffic for miles and then give each of the screaming 6 year olds their own shopping cart to block as many aisles as possible… so re-nao!..” crowd…

pity…

The Zhongli Tesco was the same story when I got there first time.

however, after a few weeks, much better, but still full.

Nowadays i do my shopping on weekdays.

[quote=“plasmatron”]they really did put it in a truly retarded location… HeNan / QingHai interection was a train wreck… [/quote]heheh. It’s a two minute walk for me :wink:
It was insanely crowded last week, I can just imagine the mess this weekend. Note that it is open 24hrs and can’t be like that all night.

I have gone shopping there after a saturday night spent in the watering holes of Zhongli.

You have the tesco for yourself, but well… you end up buying some weird stuff, esp when the combination of a bit of alcohol and extreme tiredness kicks in.