Tesla Cars in Taiwan

That almost makes me fine with selling blood diamonds and killing cancer patients on health care costs to be able to have one. Almost.

How does the tesla style emergency (manual) braking system work exactly? Never driven one.

See lots of taiwanese driving them, so it must be fairly fool proof haha.

Yes… Typical Italian sexy af styling…!

I wonder what percentage of Taiwan Tesla owners charge at home/where they park compared to users that rely on public charging stations.

Tesla recommends charging where you park.

Tesla Destination charging stations are the most common for public use with ~40-50km of driving per hour of charging.

Tesla Supercharge stations are rare but can fully charge within ~15-30 minutes.

How would a Tesla as taxi calculate? Seen some.

1 Like

Free charging at “Destination” chargers that are the most common.

A full charge in 15 minutes? And a few hundred km per charge? If thats right, the oil lovers will need a different excuse.

Tesla are not environmentally friendly.

The environmental impact of building one Tesla is the same as driving a regular car for 8 years.

And that’s just one data point.

I’ve seen plenty of these on the road and each and every one have so many cosmetic defects - factory direct. The non true lines on the doors, hood, and trunk are easy to see. These are problems easily seen from my 5th floor balcony.

I would very proudly drive any 60’s or 70’s, cooking oil burning, Mercedes any day over a Tesla.

1 Like

So the manufacture of one car is only just the equivalent of driving another brand for 8 years? Thats actually pretty good one would think.

@stinsonlover doesnt like the looks.

I would have thought their ability to lock your car remotely, or they require repairs done by their own certified people or battery manufacture would of led the pack of complaints. Not even a mention of him selling out to china?

Im a bit dissapointed.

1 Like

https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/2020-tesla-impact-report.pdf

Why does the same model vary so much in the manufacturing stage? That makes no sense. A car driven by ride share uses less to make than the same car used personally…?

Because the impact of one car is shared between multiple households in a rideshared car, which would otherwise would have one car each.

But this part can be ignored if you don’t agree with that assumption. We were talking about non rideshared cars.

That graph is talking about average emissions and state the manufacturing stage. How does the end user impact what it took to manufacture the car?

They look at the impact per household. (base rate adjusted)
Rideshared car is shared between multiple households. They want to make an autonomous fleet which serves the community. Kind of what Waymo is doing with their limited trial runs.

Gotcha. I see that. And that makes sense for the use phase. But still makes no sense for the manufacture phase unless the graph actually states it is also adding in the variable of how many people use the car and the averages are based on people using the car (which it doesnt). As a photo, i guess it would be best if they put in all the data sets for people to see, cause many will will instantly call BS on it, like me, cause they didnt.read the full report lol. The graph just seems kinda shitty. Or maybe i am too thick. But the same car uses the same amount of materials to make theoretically. Unless they make the car at different plants or something.

1 Like

“Tesla’s Model X ranked dead-last among all cars for reliability, scoring a 5 out of 100.”

Reliability almost bottom “now ranks 27th out of 28 car brands”

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/tesla/model-3/2021/reliability/

Do Tesla offer any financing packages in Taiwan?

Yes.