Spandau Ballet
Boy George
Millwall versus Chelsea
Skin Heads
Rude Boys
Riots
The Falkland’s massacre
There were some redeeming feature though such as
Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. And Miami VIce was pretty good. And lets not forget Lady Diana Spensor the People’s Princess.

[quote=“fenlander”]
Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. [/quote]
:roflmao:

Now I know you’re taking the piss.

1 Like

I agree except with your redeeming features. It was such a horrible period for music. Unbelievably, some people are nostalgic for it.

Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart sums up everything wrong with the decade.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“fenlander”]
Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. [/quote]

Now I know you’re taking the piss.[/quote]
Fastest way to have a fight in a British pub is to say “Maggie Thatcher was the best prime minister Britain ever had”. So if any of you non British want a tip from a British how to get into a punch up with even the most passive of left wingers there you have it.

[quote=“Feiren”]I agree except with your redeeming features. It was such a horrible period for music. Unbelievably, some people are nostalgic for it.

Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart sums up everything wrong with the decade.[/quote]
Oh yeah now that was sooooo bad! What about all the Bon Jovi stuff? “Jump” etc
Don’t say you liked Jon Bon Jovi!
What about Paul Young ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Pogues, Smiths, Depeche Mode, Cure, New Model Army, Sonic Youth, REM, Pixies, U2; Clash and Police sort of in the 80s. I’d say that’s a good decade for music, but there’s always crap and there’s always gold.

TV: uh… Cheers, Tracy Ullman, the first appearance of the Simpsons, The Garry Shandling Show… OK, 80s TV is harder to defend. Star Trek Next Generation (when did it grow a beard? 88 or so?)… MASH, but by then it was awful. I loved Night Court at the time, but I doubt I’d find it watchable now.

The typical age of this forum is being revealed in the respective 80s and 90s threads.

Politically, 1989 can’t be forgotten: Tiananmen Square, and later the fall of the Berlin Wall.

1 Like

We made our own music (hardcore punk) and clothing, scene. Skated and surfed mostly unregulated and hardly ever filmed all the cool shit we did.
It was the The age of Mojo.

Music was generally crap, though there was SRV (though he also died), the Beastie Boys, and heavy metal. Not that I was into any of that then because I was a kid, but there you go.

Also, there was some awesome comedy. Not the Nine O’Clock News and Alas, Smith and Jones from the U.K. Stateside, John Belushi, John Candy, Chevy Chase and Steve Martin (the last two were both actually funny then), This is Spinal Tap. Arnie movies. Hell, action movies in general. The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were both from the 80s. There must be tons and tons of great 80s movies, I just can’t be fucked trying to think of them.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]We made our own music (hardcore punk) and clothing, scene. Skated and surfed mostly unregulated and hardly ever filmed all the cool shit we did.
It was the The age of Mojo.

[/quote]
Ok beat this for 80’s very enjoyable trash

The first Alien movie and

Bladerunner aka Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? A science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick first published in 1968

[quote=“Satellite TV”]The first Alien movie and

Bladerunner aka Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? A science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick first published in 1968[/quote]
Damn that was a good film I agree, I mean Blade Runner. I wonder if I can change the title to “the 80’s were pretty damn good”.

The 80s were full of crap like every decade was and is and will be, but cool people don’t hang there.

Cool people find, make, and enjoy cool stuff and great music, fun, and adventure without interference from the uncool.

The 80s consequently made some of the best punk, the most audacious rockclimbs, the hardest etc etc eva.

Bladerunner aka Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? A science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick first published in 1968[/quote]

Absolutely. And don’t forget Dire Straits and INXS. :laughing:

Both really good stuff IMO. Of course there is good stuff in every decade. And utter shit. We can focus on the worst or the best. :idunno:

The 80’s and 90’s were the best decades EVER! I know this for a fact, because I can’t remember a single minute of them! :smiley:

[quote=“Feiren”]I agree except with your redeeming features. It was such a horrible period for music. Unbelievably, some people are nostalgic for it.

Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart sums up everything wrong with the decade.[/quote]
fuck ! i should not listen to 80s music on sat radio if feiren is in my car :smiley:

The 80s ROCK you fuckers ! (i say this affectionately). HEy dont forget MODERN TALKING and all that italo disco music ! Man that stuff was SICK !! LOVE it.

MUsic was really awesome, better then the 70s. The 90s were not bad, but the 00s we get all that hiphop crapola, gangsta rap and shit…real SHIT.

Heck! Tommy using SWEAR WORDS! That’s like, so RETRO, dude!

whole lotta fuckin goin on in the 80s :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

whole lotta fuckin goin on in the 80s :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:[/quote]
Buffalo Town? Or before your time?

I have been to buffalo town once or twice, but i BYOB (brought my own broad) :slight_smile: