The "Anti-China youtubers" vs the "shills"

I don’t agree. Maybe they started out like that and have gaps in some of the political machinations but so does everybody.

Serpentzas videos are excellent for showing the way people live in Shenzhen.

And he made a few classic episodes , the one where he talks about the evil buxiban boss and how that all operated was rough. Or a similar story regarding developers .

Laowhy86 called out the WIV lab leak story with Chinese sourced stuff VERY early on.

They had to deal with a shitload of abuse and harassment when living there.

Yes they could be to sensationalism on a few videos but overall they were producing interesting stuff.

I completely agree with orange, the videos they made about biking through china were great. Some early stuff about living in Shenzhen and huizhou was ok . Then they got into man in the pub stuff.

Look at this video…April 2020.
Was he wrong ?

Follow Pekingology

Pekingology | Center for Strategic and International Studies

Laowhy86 nailed the coronavirus leak in April 2020. There’s not much of a bigger story.

His flow is really good, but his jokes…ouch.

1 Like

Man in the pub, processes that lead to brexit

Man in the pub can source documents in Chinese and put a coherent argument together better than the world’s vaunted scientists?

That sounds like fantasy

Most rational people are saying it’s reality right now.

I’ll need a few days to read up on it. From what I know about him he is a youtuber

Just watch the video.

Then look up any of a dozen recent articles on the lab leak theory.

Then wonder why the Chinese block all access to the WIV personnel, early Wuhan samples , caves in Yunnan. Why they block any further investigation by the WHO.

1 Like

I’ll look it up :joy: what I imagine I’ll find is that a you tuber did some YouTube stuff.

I wouldn’t write the theory off. But yes, usage of the own brain is a factor. Based on his videos that I’ve seen I’m not going to bet my understanding of the current conditions on him

The lab leak theory is the leading theory at this point. Many groups have been looking at it for over a year .

1 Like

I know absolutely nothing about that so I won’t comment, and I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand.

However I’m certainly not going to accept cause, laowhy 99 casted it on YouTube

The people you listed as anti-China are literally the people that speak truth. The shills are shills.

1 Like

Source?

The following Nature article might be of interest:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01529-3

It contains the following quote:

“Most scientists say SARS-CoV-2 probably has a natural origin, and was transmitted from an animal to humans. However, a lab leak has not been ruled out, and many are calling for a deeper investigation into the hypothesis that the virus emerged from the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), located in the Chinese city where the first COVID-19 cases were reported.”

1 Like

The quote below doesn’t sound right. Civets were pointed out as the likely source within a year or two I believe.
Most likely sources csn be identified fairly quickly.

In this case we have the likeliest source as a bat from Yunnan and we know WIV were collecting hundreds of samples from Yunnan and also live bats as well. They lied about having no live bats. We should.we trust anything they say ? They don’t allow any investigation whatsoever of the WIV and have been busy deleting databases, hiding personnel details etc.

Bats coronavirus samples from Yunnan and leak from WIV. I don’t see what is more plausible than that to explain the situation . SARS has leaked from labs in China couple of times before !! It was only.that SARS 1 wasn’t so transmissible that it was stopped in its tracks.

This quote here is misleading…

Outbreak-origin investigations often take years, and some culprits remain unknown. It took 14 years to nail down the origin of the SARS epidemic, which began with a virus in bats that spread to humans, most likely through civets.

1 Like

reddit Taiwan is run by shills it seems, no opinion is valid unless its pro green.

1 Like