The AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) thread

Thank you.

W and his neocon regime created a quagmire that Obama inherited when he took office. War in Iraq based entirely on lies that sunk the economy that Obama inherited when he took office.

They didn’t even factor the costs of the war into their budget–while slashing taxes at the same time.

Why do I like Obama but not Hillary? Obama voted against Iraq. Hillary caved.

GOP intentionally run up deficits with ill advised decisions–Trump just happened to add a lot of deficit spending in his 2019 budget–sink governments into debt, then turn around and say ‘look government sucks it doesn’t work’ after they’ve wrecked it. This is intentional on their part.

Knowing their base will play into their hands every time. Evil genius at work, for sure.

I agree.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/john-dingell-my-last-words-for-america/2019/02/08/99220186-2bd3-11e9-984d-9b8fba003e81_story.html?noredirect=on&tid=&utm_term=.5b5b03e62933

1 Like

Oh, I wasn’t comparing to Bush, but if you would like me to quantify, I believe the regime change under Bush policies were very similar to Obama. In fact I mentioned earlier, perhaps for 30 or 40 years, when it comes to Globalist policies, I think there is very little between both sides.

The middle East is a mess, I haven’t credited him (Trump) with fixing anything. But then don’t blame him for it being broken in the first place or for making things worse.

You bring up half a dozen topics, most of which will take us off topic. I would be happy to chime in on a thread on the Middle East in general if someone wanted to get that started. In addition to the topics you mention would be the moving of an embassy (for better or worse) in Israel and alliances that have shifted in this administration from the last.

It’s always the predecessor’s fault.

Oblamebush made everything worse.

I don’t think that’s what is going on. As the president’s budget is now completely ignored.

1 Like

I was talking about this. You singled out Clinton and Obama when it comes to Middle East.
I agree that ME is generally all messed up and it’s not any single person’s fault. I meant Obama did great in comparison, it obviously was not all that great in absolute terms.

1 Like

I also included the Republicans on the Gang of eight, without them they wouldn’t have got the green light for regime change in Libya or Syria.

John McCain and Lindsey Graham were all over the place looking for “rebels” to arm.

If you think I am just pointing to Obama and Clinton, I’m not, pretty sure that’s what the intelligence services were pushing for too. Still are, you can see the same people getting all excited when Trump sent some missiles into Syria and get all agitated when he wants to withdraw.

A cause without rebels.

Considering AOC wants HSR to replace airplanes, this is kind of a smack to her plan. Not even California, which alone is like 7th largest GDP entity in the world, can do it, and the state has Dem governor and legislature has super-majority of Dems.

“there simply isn’t a path to get from Sacramento to San Diego, let alone from San Francisco to L.A. I wish there were.”

He said the current project would “cost too much and, respectfully, take too long,” but a link between Merced and Bakersfield could serve as revitalizing force for the Central Valley

As someone who has lived in California, you won’t see any migration to the Central Valley over a new HSR.

What’s Hawaii and alaska going to do?

Mitch McConnell has a plan to bring the GND to a vote on Senate floor. Won’t pass, as Repubs hold sway, but there are 5 Democrat Senators with hats in the presidential ring now who will be forced to look like idiots if they vote for it or even take Pelosi’s view of it being just a dream and vote against it. :popcorn:

Bold stance from Gates

yeah but what does he know about money? he’s just an alt righter.

That solidarity with Puerto Rico is probably the only one that she really cares about. It’ll get her re-elected. NYC and all.

:rofl: Savage move

Some members don’t read nor like to read this site, but you gotta do it to see this huge news just out.
Amazon abandons NYC for its newest sub-HQ.

Read all the comments on the site.
Even ex-Goldman CEO tweeting about it.
Dems are blowing up.

M.A.B.A. lol

55%20PM

1 Like

I don’t know any details about this HQ thing and whether it was a good idea for NYC or not but that website doesn’t even try to hide their bias.
“Amazon shares have rallied in the aftermath of the announcement.” when in fact it looks more like this:

very hard to call that a genuine rally, it was probably bound to bounce back anyway.

I have to say that the amount of time the GOP and Fox spend on mocking and slamming AOC makes me uncomfortable. I like new blood in the system. The geriatric baby boomers are on the way out, and new ideas are on the way in. I actually went, “Hmmm” the other day when one of them suggested Medicare for 50 year olds, which I’m. But AOC is just talking nonsense now:

“What’s great is that our economy, our local economy, is already growing. So I firmly believe that if we want to take that $3 billion dollars that we were willing to give to Amazon and invest it in our local community, we can do that. We can make those jobs. We can make 25,000 jobs. But we don’t have to give away and allow our subway system to crumble so that Amazon essentially owns a part of New York City. We can create 25,000 jobs with Mom-and-Pops; we can create 25,ooo jobs with companies that are willing to come to the table, but we should not be giving away our infrastructure, our subway system, our schools, our teachers’ salaries, our firefighters’ budgets, to a company that has not shown good faith to New Yorkers. And we can ask for more because we deserve more.”

That last line says a whole lot. But the math. :eek:

Now, if she is suggesting that NY State teachers pay no taxes, I will be ALL on board with that. But using 3 billion dollars in unpaid tax revenue, which is zero dollars, to fund anything…I mean, whut? Is she saying that NY should give 3 billion dollars in tax breaks to mom and pops, teachers, firepersons, and the City itself to update the subway?

That’s not even fuzzy math. It’s not math at all.

I think she should go with this shirt today.

1 Like