The "Argh!" Thread

I hate getting sploshed by “mysterious liquid” (AC runoff?) when walking down old city sidewalks.

ARGH!

8 Likes

How about the loose brick pavements that splash up dirty water when you step on them?

A personal fave. Argh!

Guy

6 Likes

Those ridiculous, freeze-frame-and-then-singing ONE BOY commercials that have been playing non-stop at MRT stations lately. Those can take a long walk off a short pier. :triumph:

ARGH!

2 Likes

How about the sweet smell and pungent smell coming from the storm drains.
You know someone’s not using their septic tank and diverting their home sewage to the drain.
Argh…

This is a time delayed Argh…
There was a time when I couldn’t go one day without seeing a mom letting there kid take a dump in the open drainage ditch or sewer on the side of the road. Argh…

1 Like

What drives me crazy is how they pronounce it “One Bowie.” Is “boy” really that effing hard to pronounce?!?

GRR…

1 Like

My god, I didn’t even realize that until you said that, but surely that has been triggering as well…perhaps at a sub-conscious level?!

ARGH x2

1 Like

Now you’ll never be able to unhear it…

Argh!

1 Like

I am told that the OY sound doesn’t exist in Chinese or Taiwanese.
So maybe some people feel the proper way to say the sound is within the Chinese phonetic set.
Many people say the proper way to pronounce the English letter f is EFoo when they’re speaking Chinese and they pronounce it perfectly when they’re speaking English.
Now I got to set up my Skypeee.
I enjoyed teaching the word Beach and especially the sentence
Did you see the b**** at the beach.
The students really cannot tell the difference and crack up whenever I teach that word.
I already roll my eyes while having to teach anything with the “sigh” sound. Where is your sister? " She’s inSIGHd".
(Beavis and Butthead laughter)
"Get out of my "SIGH…t. "(snickering)

ARGH
Don’t try to look it up sigh is Taiwanese for s***.
What I do need is a good easily accessible Taiwanese dictionary
ARGH

They should learn Cantonese then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love Cantonese!

As a Canadian, it’s the sound of home.

Guy

3 Likes

仆街呀,鬼佬!

Just hate it when people cross their legs on trains or in the MRT. Why? That whole space now can no longer be used for standing. I really feel like kicking their outstretched foot. Argh!

1 Like

This is the right thread to revive, right now.

Argh!

Guy

3 Likes

Went into the office today. Everyone is working on an important project, so all I saw were people trying to covertly blow their noses and hide their coughs and constantly popping pseudo and DXM. It was very obvious most of had it.

Argh!?

2 Likes

What is this? And where can I get some?

Argh!

Guy

Every pharmacy has pseudoephedrine.

Argh!

1 Like

Learn new things every day.

Argh!

Guy

I suggest stocking up on pseudo, DXM, ibuprofen and Strepsils now. Makes what’s coming much more bearable.

Argh!

1 Like

I don’t even know what half that stuff is, and I liked it.

Argh!

Guy

And probably some…

in case you get the vomiting form. Only one person I know got it, but he had the worst symptoms by far.

Argh!

1 Like