The Beard

[quote=“Big Fluffy Mathew”]You’ll have to post a picture so we can see what you’re talking about.
We can’t decide without seeing it, can we ? [/quote]
Agreed. a picture with beard and another picture without beard would help us to give you fairer and more objective suggestion. :wink:

Personally I don’t like beard on men’s face. Of course some men look good growing mustache or beard/goatee, but it’s better not my date. MiakaW, I can see you’re very excited about men’s beard. But don’t you think men’s facial hair stings when you kiss them, hot kiss in particular? Uh, I’m more practical…

Sometimes beards are practical. To take one example (but I’m not saying this is anyone I know), if in youth, one was dumb enough to get a tarantula tattoo on one’s cheek, then a beard would help cover it up and make one more acceptable to employers.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]Sometimes beards are practical. To take one example (but I’m not saying this is anyone I know), if in youth, one was dumb enough to get a tarantula tattoo on one’s cheek, then a beard would help cover it up and make one more acceptable to employers.[/quote]You should have specified which cheek you wanted more clearly, then you wouldn’t have that problem.
I experimented with a moustache once, made me look like a Lebanese pimp (no, it didn’t suit me) Even had that picture on my ARC, so you can imagine my relief when I lost my wallet and all its contents and had to get a new one. If I had a full beard I would look like my dad, and he looks EXACTLY like Ricky Tomlinson in the Royle Family.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“HakkaSonic”]Sometimes beards are practical. To take one example (but I’m not saying this is anyone I know), if in youth, one was dumb enough to get a tarantula tattoo on one’s cheek, then a beard would help cover it up and make one more acceptable to employers.[/quote]You should have specified which cheek you wanted more clearly, then you wouldn’t have that problem.
I experimented with a moustache once, made me look like a Lebanese pimp (no, it didn’t suit me) Even had that picture on my ARC, so you can imagine my relief when I lost my wallet and all its contents and had to get a new one.[/quote]

(So that was your wallet. I’m still using that card everytime I get pulled over by the police.)

It takes a certain attitude to wear a beard well. And no one does it better than this guy. Go big D!

[quote] QuietMountain The first is especially true here in Taiwan. Some men, due to genetics, are unable to grow adequate facial hair, even for a mustache/goatee, let alone a mustache/beard. In that case, if they let their facial hair grow and it just appears in random strands or patches, it does not look good. And, in my humble opinion can “un-make” the man.

. . .

With this I’d have to disagree. I think facial hair with grey in it, like other hair with grey in it, can be very sexy and/or distinquished on men. But, like all other things, it depends on the man, the color of the grey hair, the original color of the hair, how the grey is interspersed throughout the hair, etc… etc… etc…[/quote]

Gotta agree with you on both counts. Mr. Shark looks much better with his beard than without.

My father also has a beard and looks much better with. My fathers slowly turned grey over time and for a while it did make him appear older than he is (was)…but now he has a full head of white hair and a while beard and rather looks like a skinny Santa. Baby sharks will love visiting Grandpa at Christmas time when they are older :slight_smile:

As for the Taiwanese/Chinese men being unable to grow a beard, I have always wondered why they can grow ear hair in copious quantities, or mole hairs the length of a football feild, but the beard is a no-go…

Just a question for pondering :?

strangley enough facial hair seems totally acceptable, even desirable to the local mindset, but for some reason only for local professional baseball players… :?

The last beard I grew was over a decade ago. I sprang it on my fiance at the time after a trip to Guatemala. She hated it but her mother was all full of hugs and kisses. :laughing:

Don’t think I’ll grow another until I’m an old man. Too many colors in it: blond, red, brown, and black. I think some of the blonds are going gray now so that makes five. It’s not a beard it’s a feakin’ rainbow. :?

First, the first bit of growing a beard will leave you a bit itchy, but it is not like anything extreme.
Second, a beard suits my face; it is not something that I do to look foolish (I hope).
Finally, as for prickliness, sure, in the beginning it is like sandpaper, then a scouring pad. But once it grows out, it softens up. There is a style that I don’t go for whereby the man shaves his moustashe very close so that it is always like a bottle brush. Can’t imagine how that must feel for a woman’s kiss.

Really Sharky? He’s very cute without a beard!
Why would you want your handsome hubby to cover his face up with dead cell growth? To keep the xiao jies at bay? :wink:

If you shave it off, you’ll have to change your name from Wolf Reinhold to Babyface Reinhold.

It doesn’t count as a beard unless the can slide a pencil in it lengthwise and make it hold.

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]It doesn’t count as a beard unless the can slide a pencil in it lengthwise and make it hold.[/quote]I can do that, except I don’t use a beard :wink:

[quote]HakkaSonic wrote:
It doesn’t count as a beard unless the can slide a pencil in it lengthwise and make it hold.
I can do that, except I don’t use a beard
[/quote]
Big Fluffy, Are you trying to tell us you’re African? The pencil in the hair test was one of the “racial tests” used in South Africa during Apartheid.

A guy I know in the States keeps his trimmed to about the width of a pencil. He’s had the beard as long as he could grow one.

[quote=“almas john”][quote]HakkaSonic wrote:
I can do that, except I don’t use a beard
[/quote]
Big Fluffy, Are you trying to tell us you’re African? The pencil in the hair test was one of the “racial tests” used in South Africa during Apartheid.[/quote]

For God’s sake, I’m not Big Fluffy! Wash your beard out with soap!

No, I had a friend who, when he worked, would sometimes keep his pencil tucked into his beard instead of behind his ear.

You mean Scarface! :laughing:

Don’t hit me, Wolf!

Scar? You call that little thing a scar?
Anyway, the beard doesn’t cover the part that runs aross my forehead, left eye and cheek, as you well know…
“Don’t hit me” HA! Bend over here! :smiling_imp:

Wolf beard update #1. You know George Michael? And you know bag-ladies, right? Well, if you combined the cottager with the bag-lady…

Cottager!!!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Thanks for the update! What colour is it??

Hmmm. I’d better choose my words carefully. Monkey-shit brown with more salt than pepper.