The Best Break Up Songs Ever

“Broken bones and pocket change. That’s all she left me with.”

These guys from Alabama are the real thing.

2 Likes

Happened to listen to this one today

2 Likes

That whole album is great. I liked it so much I bought one of their newer ones. Turns out they became Rastifarians and turned into a reggae band. I was not impressed

1 Like

Ha, they were always Rastifarians if I remember. I never got too much into their later stuff, even the heavy stuff, but that album was mind-blowing at the time! I may have a few years on you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No no no no! :slight_smile:

They started out as prog jazz musicians! Then evolved into a punk band that would drop the occasional reggae song in between but remained a punk band throughout. They were one of the acts that made CBGB’s famous

Quickness is a later album that’s off the charts. I against I obviously!

2 Likes

Bittersweet

That’s right. I heard it in a movie so I bought that album. Amazing stuff, so fast. Went to buy another CD, the new release in 1995. God of love and it was like all slow reggae and talking about religion. First album still holds up though

God_of_Love_(Bad_Brains_album_-_cover_art)

The old days when you bought an album without knowing what was on it

4 Likes

The old days when you fell in love with a band because of the unknown songs. Can anyone say Led Zeppelin II? I think I knew of only one maybe two songs when I got that album. Who knew every single tune would be fantastic (well “Thank you” maybe not so much). But Lemon Song? Moby Dick?

1 Like

every :clap: single :clap: song

just put it on

1 Like

Damn, that’s good!
Great song and awesome performance!

1 Like

If you can get over her qwerkiness, this is just an absolutely incredible performance.

Saw her live in the 80’s. fantastic.

1 Like

This one does it for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgaHy7DYs3g

I like thank you
I played and sang it

1 Like

Still I love to listen Wrecking Ball song by Miley Cyrus

1 Like

You need to cut up a big 'ol pile of onions while listening to this one…

1 Like

I prefer the 2 Live Crew to the Manhattans. (2184) 2-Live Crew, “Face down ass up” - YouTube

1 Like

Sounds lovely, but is absolutely brutal.