The BEST burger in Taipei that's not overpriced

Hey guys –

American here, seeking the best burger that’s not overpriced trying to lure Americans in for their $$.

I want a place that will cook a burger medium and it’s actually pink, maybe some bacon that’s actually crispy (most bacon I get in TW is limp and thick, more like mystery ham rather than bacon). Maybe with a few choices of burgers too rather than just “cheeseburger”, unless by itself it’s just epic.

I’ve been tricked by many places that look super American, but end up charging $500 for a depressing burger.

Thoughts? Thanks :wink:

Try Burger & Co. They’re awesome. Reasonable as well:
m.facebook.com/BurgerandCo?refs … tw%2F&_rdr

They’ve got the burgers you’re after. Their fries are pretty good, and their pulled pork sandwiches are amazing!

McDonalds mmm…

[quote=“Dr Jellyfish”]Try Burger & Co. They’re awesome. Reasonable as well:
m.facebook.com/BurgerandCo?refs … tw%2F&_rdr

They’ve got the burgers you’re after. Their fries are pretty good, and their pulled pork sandwiches are amazing![/quote]

Ahh i think i’ve heard of this before, thanks mate i will DEFINITELY give this a shot!

I frequent this burger shop in Xinyi district. The taste is pretty close to the burgers in the state imo. It is a little hard to find tho.
facebook.com/pages/AWESOME- … 3399987046

Fridays, Swensons, Chilis and Outback are actually pretty good on the burger front, esp at lunch time, when they have lunch specials. The patty melt at Swensons is pretty rockin in fact.

The main problem with “deluxe” burgers in Taiwan is not the meat and sauces (except that they usually need salt), it is that the bread is sweet. If you are a USA FOB, it is hard to adjust to this sweetness, but once you get some stripes on your ARC, it is not such a big deal :stuck_out_tongue:

The hot tip is to get the Ruben/Pastrami sandwich at 1 Bite 2 Go. That is is the tits!

Evan’s Burger is also not bad. Also, The Diner and The Mini Diner.

Could be good if prices are posted…

Partial menu from The Mini Diner:

Menu from The Diner http://www.thediner.com.tw/ http://media.wix.com/ugd/703e55_f9df4999c1a24e3bba3f8a84fe015cdc.pdf:

Menu from Evan’s Burger http://evansburger.tw/:

Try Awesome Burger for the best classic burger in town imho. They use good beef–thick, juicy patties–and have a few wacky flavors (like peanut butter). It’s a tiny shop by City Hall station in an alley behind Pure Yoga. Cool decor. About $200 for a bacon cheese burger w fries.

Taiwan isn’t really know for overpricing. The burgers are only as good as the cheapest price that most people will pay. And that isn’t very much.

What’s in a name Charlie? Why everything of course!

You can get an awesome burger at awesome burger.

You can get a mini burger at mini burger.

You can get snozz burgers at snozzburger.

But would you ever want to get a me burger at meburger?

Nobody ever comes out again Charlie. At least I never saw him come out and I waited for two weeks!

Come along now Charlie.

For the best not overpriced burger you gotta go to Queenburger. I’m a pretty simple guy, so best burger to me means basic and traditional, not gourmet crap. A deluxe double patty Imperial burger is only about 80nt. The buns are a bit on the sweet side, but the burgers are hand formed and made to order by folks that speak some English. Burgers are wrapped in foil. They used to be wrapped in the thin foil backed by waxed paper, but that was years ago. There are two Queenburgers in Taipei. One in the lane by Florida bakery on Chung Shan n. road and the other a couple blocks away on Min Zu road across from Hai Ba Wang Restaurant. You can get a milkshake. They take ice cream and milk and mix it in an honest to goodness milkshake machine. Not gourmet shakes, but not squeezed out of machines using milkshake mix. The shops are both descendants of the original Burger Queen franchise in Taiwan from close to 30 years ago. The store on Min Zu was the original location and still sports original franchise posters and the walls still have the original franchise woodwork. It’s a snapshot of Taiwan history. The shop in the lane close to Florida Bakery sells 12 ounce bottles of San Miguel beer for about 40 nt or so. The cost for an imperial burger (deluxe), an order of fries, and a bottle of beer is well under 200 bucks. Plus, they serve a fried chicken basket that is also made to order. Quarter, half, or whole chicken.

Ah Burger Queen, I vaguely remember that old GI spot. There was one in Shilin around where OneBite2Go is. Also don’t forget Mary’s which is now nearby TAS (next to Wellmans). Classic Taipei grub!

Passed by Mary’s reopened place in Tianmu two days ago, and Mary still works there, living Taipei history.

Hard to beat their $100 cheeseburger lunch deal on Wednesdays. Get there early

Hard to beat their $100 cheeseburger lunch deal on Wednesdays. Get there early[/quote]

I’ve seen a few posts on Facebook lately about Evan’s. I’ve yet to try it, but it’s definitely on the list. If the Dairy Queen here starts selling burgers and stuff, I’ll be curious if they replicate the taste of Dairy Queen at home. Waiting patiently!

Kooks, Danshui. Nobody else comes close. Not cheap, but not horribly expensive either - about $300 for a fancy burger and fries/salad.

[quote=“k.k.”]

I’ve seen a few posts on Facebook lately about Evan’s. I’ve yet to try it, but it’s definitely on the list. If the Dairy Queen here starts selling burgers and stuff, I’ll be curious if they replicate the taste of Dairy Queen at home. Waiting patiently![/quote]

It’s pretty good! I saw nothing to complain about, and I’m a bit picky.

Agreed. Hands down the best burgers in Taiwan.