The Best Drinking Songs

It’s about time somebody did this. I know there are a lot of drinkers and partiers out there. It’s time somebody made a list of the best drinking songs out there.
I can’t think of a better way to start than this…

Any song by ‘the Pogues’.

sweet caroline-mr. neil diamond
piano man-billy joel

One of my favourites:

Chumbawamba’s Tubthumping must be included in the list.

Kicking hippies asses and raising hell.

“Drinking Songs”? They’re ALL Irish, lad.

In my heart, the winner by far…

[quote=“baberenglish”]sweet caroline-mr. neil diamond
piano man-billy joel[/quote]
Sweet Caroline? What?
Piano Man I can understand because the song takes place in a bar.

Can’t let this thread go further without posting this.

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote=“baberenglish”]sweet caroline-mr. neil diamond
piano man-billy joel[/quote]
Sweet Caroline? What?
Piano Man I can understand because the song takes place in a bar.[/quote]

Sweet Caroline has the “oh, oh, oh,” that everyone sings that isn’t even in the song, my dad sings this at every wedding and all the pissed up family get well into it. having said that though I have to agree with the pogues. When I’m feeling homesick I put them on and drink as much whiskey as possible.

Almost anything by George Jones is a good drinking song…

Here’s another classic…

Mr. Burns did it pretty good too.

I have always thought of the Weeping Song as a good drinking song, but probably only because: a.) I usually listen to Nick Cave with jimipresley, b.) because this listening usually takes place in Sanchong (where there is nothing to do but drink), and c.) because of Nick Cave’s intro to the song (the retsina incident).

How can Kiss be tea-totalers and write a song like this. Does anybody really believe that Gene and Paul never touched drugs or alcohol :unamused: ?

Taj Mahal - Diving Duck Blues