The Biden Presidency

If it was such an important issue then why did Trump wait until the waning days of his administration to enact it?
The Biden administration is trying a less chaotic and scattershot approach to foreign policy in general and with China in particular.

1 Like

There’s no doubt in my mind that the data (incomplete as it might be) shows that reopening schools is safe enough, especially when you weigh it against the negatives of not reopening.
In reality, though, when people get to the point where they have to make the decision to go back to school, they are going to get squeamish. They shouldn’t be feeling that way. There’s no reason to. But yet here we are. (Course, there are a lot of teachers that have gone back to teaching in person now, and really good on them.)
These kinds of decisions are also bringing out to the forefront all the preexisting problems of public schooling that still haven’t been addressed.

Here’s an interesting article put out a few months ago that highlights the problems of trying to carry out evidence-based action in at least one, extremely wealthy, extremely educated school district in Massachusetts.

Biden seems…not such an orange dotard who picks and chooses who he helps based on loyalty:

The leader of the city of Dallas says the White House called him during this week’s winter storm, but not Texas governor Greg Abbott.

Judge Clay Jenkins, the chief executive of Dallas County, told MSNBC on Thursday morning that Joe Biden’s administration was assisting with his city’s response to the record breaking winter storm Uri this week.

But Texas’s Republican governor — who has been called on to step down amid the crisis — had not called, Judge Jenkins told MSNBC host Hallie Jackson.

The admission comes as more than 70,000 Dallas residents were said to be still without power on Thursday, with as many as 500,000 across Texas still affected by a four-day power blackout.

"I haven’t heard from the governor. I haven’t heard from any of the state leaders,” said Judge Jenkins, “[but] we have heard from the White House and we’re very thankful.”

3 Likes

That is definitely a bad look. Out of FVEY, most countries are limiting the Confucius Institute. Although, technically the US already has FARA, which requires agents representing the interests of foreign powers in a “political or quasi-political capacity” disclose their relationship with the foreign government and information about related activities and finances. If the Confucius Institute isn’t already considered as a quasi-political foreign agent and subjected to monitor under FARA, I think that’s the better place to start.

3 Likes

Joe’s dilemma is how to clean up the seemingly endless series of messes left after so much incompetence

Donald Trump’s ambassador to Denmark, Carla Sands, violated federal law when she urged Americans to donate to her boss’s campaign using her official Twitter account.

She did it again when she tweeted — once more from her official account — an article questioning whether Kamala Harris, the daughter of immigrants, was eligible to be vice president.

Sands, a former socialite, B-list movie star and chiropractor, unwittingly found herself in the spotlight after Trump started musing about trying to buy Greenland from Denmark. Her repeated retweeting of partisan news stories may have made her among the less discreet figures from the Trump era to be accused of violating the Hatch Act. But there were many others.

The Hatch Act, named for a former New Mexico senator, restricts federal employees — aside from the president and vice president — from certain political behavior that could include tweeting certain messages, speaking about candidates, diverting official travel to attend political events and fundraising. It was enacted in 1939 after Democrats faced allegations of deploying Works Progress Administration employees to influence elections the year prior.

2 Likes

Clear that he said genocide is cultural??

The man F’d up with his political language. plain and simple, unless he really believes that, then he’s just a c*nt.

I thought we are discussing about what Biden actually said to Xi Jingping in their first phone call after his inauguration, not what he once said in some town hall

no i’m talking about the townhall thing.

I only care what what he actually said to Xi.

And yes, I think genocide is within Chinese culture, they sure did it to the Taiwanese people numerous times. Doesn’t mean it’s ok for them to do it.

Biden mumbles and can’t get his words out right half the time, on this occasion I would give him the benefit of the doubt in that he was trying to say Xi understands from a cultural point of view Biden has to publicly denounce these things, it’s expected of him.

He might be losing his mind and playing Mario cart to stimulate his brain, but he’s not that far gone yet.

Given all the shit trump was given everytime he made a fumble how is that fair? This is a huge screw up and he should clarify what he said, because right now it sounds pretty messed up.

He did, in his actual phone call to Xi Jingping and telling Xi exactly what he meant.

3 Likes

Democrats took what Trump said out of context all the time, all day everyday for 4 years, literally tried to destroy their own Presidency, every day, with repetitive name calling misrepresentation and lies oh and riots.

However, I will hold Biden accountable for doing something wrong, when it’s clear he did something wrong. I will also give him praise if he does something right, although I suspect he isn’t the one making most of the decisions.

2 Likes

The town hall meeting was after the phone call. And he should clarify that he doesn’t think genocide is cultural to his people, not xi.

Saying genocide is cultural just isn’t wrong enough i guess :woman_shrugging:

Because it was a redline set to warn and to prove that Biden was already compromised by the Chinese Communists. The radical left-wingers’ unholy alliance with the CCP are thereby exposed.

(Trump administration’s effort over the past 4 years to drive out the Chinese influence from US needs not be further explained here.)

Why would you not think closing down the Confucius Institute is not important to US national security?

Unless you think the more Chinese influence and Chinese infiltration, the better it is for US.

1 Like

So according to you it was politically motivated and not policy driven.

By the way, Trump’s rule did not “close down” the Confucius Institutes.

1 Like

Classic case of “He Said, Xi Said”

3 Likes

It’s not my understanding from hearing the clip that is what he meant, I understand that Republicans are pushing that, but I don’t think he meant that at all.

People were asking why I kept sticking up for Trump for 4 years when most of the time I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, I’ll do the same for Biden, hopefully it won’t need to be quite so often.

Are you referring to the Han Chinese treatment of the aborigines?