The Biden Taiwan & China Thread

They are propelling their government’s actions. It’s perfectly justified to blame them.

1 Like

I think you are confused about how China works. People didnt choose anything

1 Like

1.4 billion people who can travel and get outside information. They aren’t in North Korea. They want this. They’re happy with the rise of China and don’t care about the bad stuff.

2 Likes

No, China isnt a democracy.

See, here’s where I think you got it wrong to degrees. The national/personal pride stuff, this is just fodder for their citizens to eat up.

China will not do something incredibly stupid, like even think of going at TW with military. Because CCP is not so stupid as to make decisions based on ‘personal pride’.

The aggressive talk towards Taiwan is there to accomplish a bully’s goals. They want TW to always stay on a back foot, it’s people perpetually in fear of invasion. Of course, yes China doesn’t not want to ‘lose’ TW, and any of their power, even if perceived.

But if TW approaches this logically, it should be constantly pushing harder for independence, not slowed by China’s words. If push comes to shove, China is NOT even thinking about engaging with a US backed TW.

And yes, the US will back TW, because TW is of strategic importance, always.

1 Like

You spoken to all of them right?

1 Like

You really think the average Chinese wouldn’t support throwing Uighurs in camps if it came to a democratic vote right now?

Enough. All over the world.

You just said nearly every single Chinese person thinks Taiwan is theirs.

2 Likes

Sure thing. I’ll just blame them for being apathetic and handing over their freedom to a bunch of psychopaths who engage in genocide.

Have you? Maybe we can do a survey. Oh, that’s right. We can’t do an independent survey asking questions about this stuff in China.

Impressive isn’t it? You gloat about the wonders of 1 hour TV purchase, delivery and installation in China but we can’t even do an online poll asking Chinese people in China what they think about the Uighurs or Tibetans.

I understand what you’re saying. But you can’t predict how that regimen will behave. They have been prepping for war even if I agree their domination is planned economically. Doesn’t mean they will not eventually be in the position to dominate militarily.

You read Chinese right?

https://pincong.rocks/

Check out Pincong, anti-CCP forum

If they could democratically, they would probably vote for invasion right away. Their government probably restraints them from doing all the dumb things they want. It’s why they have to make them watch videos on how to behave outside of China when they travel.

2 Likes

b4d780fdb6744dc4a1bc85a6b93889a5

1 Like

Kind of my point

No idea what your are trying to say. Get the fuck out of here with your weird fantasy

I think its fucking shit mate. I said its fucking shit. Im more vocal about the CCP than anyone I know. I think its fucking shit that people cant express themselves and are under the control of the regime.

Carry on living in a fantasy that they average Chinese can do anything about it. People and governments are not the same.

1 Like

I posit you can, militarily at least. Because their whole MO is economic, not military.

Economics is a different animal, and discussion.

I’m sure there have been these sky-is-falling China invasion threads bombarded on forumosa for 20 years. Which is what China’s goal is, in terms of how people here think.

Logically, TW gives no advantage to China attempting invasion, and again, they aren’t tin-pot, opioid-induced madmen running around there. They just want to keep their wealth, and power.

TW engagement helps them with none of that. They will try to push the line, sure, but when they get pushed back and challenged, they fall back. As bullies do.

1 Like

Most Chinese are brainwashed by the State and have no fucking clue whats really happening. Educated people who have lived abroad, know what is happening and keep the mouths shut.

They are a lot of grey areas and complexities in between and its not right to tar 1.4 billion people who live under suppression with the same brush

2 Likes

They say a debate goes nowhere if people aren’t using the same definitions and/or don’t have a shared approximate understanding of the current reality/situation of the topic they are debating.

It seems that some here really have no idea how, over the course of many years, freedom to criticize or to protest has been stripped away from the Chinese public. They don’t understand the severity of the chilling effect that exists and the surveillance that enforces it. Most of those 1.4 billion people have no real sophisticated understanding of what is going on domestically or internationally, nor do they have cultivated political views. Why? Threat of harassment, punishment, or becoming a pariah from having too low of a social credit score is a massive deterrent. Many of them “shut up and make money” not because they are greedy, but because the alternative could threaten their survival and the safety of their families.

Seriously, people really need to read this damn book. Strittmatter really lays out why China is how it is today and goes in-depth about the people that tried to stand up against it. Very sad. To wantonly write off over a billion people as expendable animals is heinous, and at the very least, a missed opportunity for alliance.

4 Likes

They can’t because they ceded their opportunity decades ago.

I don’t harbor any fantasies about the Chinese rising up. Frankly, it’s pretty clear they don’t want to and I don’t think they have it in them. I’d love to be surprised but I won’t hold my breath.

And that’s why I say when the SHTF, I’m not going to feel too sorry for the tragedy that will likely befall them. Just as I wouldn’t have lost any sleep over the Germans who learned the hard way that being apathetic towards Hitler wasn’t a good thing for their country.

Idk why there’s an argument for them not being able to stop this regime when Taiwan exists.

We are Chinese ethnically and culturally . They are Chinese ethically and culturally.

Taiwanese people were just as if more more oppressed during KMT era. Many people resisted and kept pushing democracy knowing the dangers. And everyone was KMT back then because that’s pretty much the only option.

2 Likes