The Blues Power Hour on ICRT

Damn, I guess its toolate to get this in.
http://forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=110976#110976

HG

D.C., heard you mention forumosa.com on your show last night. Good on ya!

Hey,
Thanks for listening. 'We’re all in this together." as Harry Tuttle would say.
Here’s the play list for last night’s show, Sunday Oct 12:

Blues Roots
‘Little Red Rooster’ - Howlin’ Wolf
‘Little Red Rooster’ - the Rolling Stones
‘Manish Boy’ - Muddy Waters
‘Manish Boy’ - the Rolling Stones
‘You Got to Move’ - Mississippi Fred Mc Dowell
‘You Got to Move’ - the Rolling Stones

Blues Master
‘You’ve Done Lost Your Good Thing Now’ - BB King
‘I Gotta Move Out of This Neighborhood’ - BB King
‘Nobody Loves Me But My Mother’ - BB King
'Playing With My Friends- - BB King & Robert Cray

Blues Stew
‘I Sing the Blues’ - Etta James
‘St Louis Blues’ - Big Bill Broonzy
‘Hey, Bartender’ - Floyd Dixon

The Blues Trivia question was 'Who or what is ‘Lucille’ to BB King?
The best answer wins. theblues@icrt.com.tw

DC Rapier

D.C.,

Sat down last night with four fingers of Scotch and a Davidoff cigar and listened to your show. Good stuff, especially the Etta. Another mention for ye olde forumosa.com, too. Looking for a sponsor from the site, he he?

Any chance you could play some “modern” blues in a future show. The song I was thinking about in particular is Robert Cray’s “Strong Persuader.”

Saw this short article about James on the next.

As to the Blues Power Hour question, I’m guessing that James was 14 years old when she auditioned for Johnny Otis.

If you aren’t all already tuning in, I recommend giving DC’s show a listen. It’s a good solid hour of blues, just enough time to sip a triple-shot of bourbon and smoke a couple of cigarillos.

D.C., liked the closing song by Koko Taylor, that Wang Dang Doodle thing, but it got cut off by an ICRT commercial (about as grating as suddenly turning all of the lights on in a club at 2AM). Will the entire song be included in an upcoming show?

Boogie Chillun! Another good show Palindar.

Thanks Hakka-sonic and Sandman. I appreciate the props.

That Koko Taylor song is ‘Blues Power’ a tune written by Eric Clapton and Leon Russell. I use it as my theme song - intro/outro. I played the whole song on the first show.

FYI, I’ll be playing Koko’s version of Willie Dixon’s ‘Wang Dang Doodle’ in a ‘Blues Stew’ segment in a couple of weeks. Koko will also be featured artist on an upcoming ‘Blues Masters’ segment in the next month or so.

Thanks again for listening and spreading the word about the BPH.

DC Rapier

Greetings from Bluesland,
Just to let you know ‘I’m not dead, yet!’ The Blues Power Hour bundles along at its petty pace. Coming up this Sunday, Nov 16:

Blues Roots: John Mayall’s Blues Breakers with EC

BluesMaster: Buddy Guy

Blues Stew: Red Hot Jam ( featuring Otis Spann, Walter ‘Shakey’ Horton, Dave ‘Honey Boy’ Edwards, Willie Dixon, Buddy Guy, Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie)

Hope you like what you hear. If and when you can hear it. I understand that YangMing Shan has a few pirate radio stations which steal the signal to broadcast drunken karoke sessions. Such is life in Taiwan.

Be Cool,
DCR

I heard part of the show for the first time last Saturday. It was definitely red hot, especially the Stew.

Keep it up.

BTW, come check out Dave Chen & the Muddy Basin Ramblers at Peshawar on the evening of December 6th if you have the time. It might be a good prelude to D’s wedding on Sunday.

T

Thanks for the comment. Glad you like ‘The Stew’. Tell your friends.

I’ve met David for lunch but haven’t heard the MBR as yet. I’ll try to catch them at the Peshwar on Dec 6.

Are you a musician?
DCR

I’m too lazy to read throug the previous pages.
Sandman: Why don’t you add the time of the Blues Power Hour in the heading (like every Sat. 20.00 or something like that). Then we don’t have to spend time looking for that, just tune in when it is time.