The British Royal Family thread

I thought of putting this in International Politics for some reason, and then I asked myself: what on earth has this got to do with politics?

What exactly are the royal duties, anyway? What do these inbred welfare cases actually do? Unless they’re stars in a sort of reality show, I don’t see how they can be said to be employed.

1 Like

so, which commonwealth “island” will he be “invited” to spend the rest of his sweaty life?

1 Like

Near as I can make out he did nothing useful before, and he’ll do nothing useful now. Unless I’m missing something, nothing has changed.

So, I do a Web search, and…

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=royal-duties&ia=web

Pretty vague stuff. Seems to amount to ribbon cutting and vapid speeches and posing for photos.

1 Like

One with low humidity, I would assume

i thought the deal was that he didn’t sweat? didn’t he just affirm that in the interview?

He mists.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/08/794642642/meghan-and-harry-to-step-back-as-senior-royals

They are going to be financially independent.
Whose going to pay for their 5 million pound cottage and security and all that jazz.

My name is Harry , I’m here to apply for the kitchen Porter position you were advertising.
I have worked at many banquets all over the world. Dont mind my bodyguards and the helicopter circling over head :grin:.

1 Like

They should just go all the way and renounce their titles. :popcorn:

2 Likes

Those titles are worth huge money , they can use them to advertise all kinds of things. However, the Queen can strip the titles. Then it is the reality TV shows, talk shows and books to make money.

2 Likes

Ha! Hardly. His birthright will open doors for him so he’ll be fine. Just as long he doesn’t pull any Uncle Andrew stunts.

But good for them. My understanding is that the UK press has been hella nasty toward Markle.

2 Likes

Would you renounce a trust fund and keys to the upper crust society circles?

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know much about the royal family but I know she’s been having a pretty bad time dealing with the press.

2 Likes

I just don’t think they should go about it half-assedly. If you’re gonna do it, have the balls to really do it.

They’ve already been quietly building an online presence on Instagram. They’ll have figured out how much they can make off the back of their links to Royalty. People love Royalty.

4 Likes

I’m missing how this is half assed? IJS

Dear God they do in the US. It’s weird because I bet most folks couldn’t explain how they actually function. I see them as the world’s biggest live Disney show.

3 Likes

This person had a pretty funny opinion on it.

Commentary: Renounce your titles, you cowards

1 Like

From day 1 the media were after her. It was pretty obvious that a lot of people did not want a woman of color joining the Saxe-Coburgs.

4 Likes

Sad. She’s so lovely. The family’s gene pool could use a bit of help, if you ask me…

3 Likes