The Burger Stop Chat Thread

oooh Hungry Girl is all raving about your milk shakes! See you soon, then!

I like HUngry Girls write ups on places to eat !! They are very well done and the food always looks so yummy. Hate to read her blog on an empty tummy though.

Even though I’m on a diet, I stopped by for a burger today. The weight loss clinic I go to is in the neighborhood. It’s kind of a cruel joke.
It’s nice to see that they have trays now. And they had more business than before. It looks like this place is catching on.

Hey all,

The new menu is up! Our signature Burgers haven’t changed a bit, but we now also offer a grilled pork burger, crispy fried chicken burger, and a Garden Salad. All very tasty.

Thanks to all that keep coming by!

Dave

Responses:

Dr. McCoy - you gave me a great idea. I should advertise at the weight loss clinics, I’m positive they wouldn’t mind :wink:

Gifthorse – Will Forte, that guy is hilarious; I love, and miss Saturday Night Live. Bill Hader is also one of my favorites from SNL, funny stuff.

Babyoscar – Good luck with the diet! You should try our Garden Salad amongst the aroma of our burgers!

Saturday Special Only: On June 12, come buy a beer and the next one is free!! (buy one, get one free offer)

We want to start carrying bottled beers that most people enjoy when chowing down on burgers and fries. So help us clean out our current inventory, and vote for the best burger beers!

Cheers!

Dave

What is your current beer selection?

Vanessa and I enjoyed our meal and conversation with you last Saturday. We wish you every success! :thumbsup:

Our current selection is Budweiser, Miller Chill, and Coors Lite. I would like to test a few more brands but need to clear up some refrigerator space first, so please come on down and have a beer!

Thanks Maoman. It was great meeting you and Vanessa as well.

The Lost Swede, we add salt to our Onion Ring mix, so we are not salting them when they come out of the fryer since most folks have tended to like lighter salt. Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad you were able to notice an improvement. Also, thanks for bringing by your friends after the electronics show!

Dave

Maybe I’m speaking another language because I’ve been out of murka for too long, but I asked about the beer selection, not the bottled urine… How bout I BMOB, just a bottle or two of rogue or abbotts or somethin - I promise to hide it in a brown paper bag like a hobo!

I had a Budwieser the last time I came in. It’s been so long since I’ve had a Bud, the first sip brought back happy memories from my misspent youth.

Haha, that is great. Yes, please feel free to bring your own beer if you don’t like the current selection. This is kinda why I wanted to offer a discount night, so I can clear some of the current inventory and add something for the guys that have graduated from the college beers and are now on to the more expensive stuff. Me, I’m a simpleton, and love the Coors Lite. Does that make me a red neck? Shrug, if the shoe fits, then I’m wearing it!

Look forward to meeting you!
Dave

P.S. Mr. & Mrs. Sausage stopped by a few nights ago and had the same opinion of my beer selection!

[quote=“Burgerboy”]Me, I’m a simpleton, and love the Coors Lite. Does that make me a red neck? Shrug, if the shoe fits, then I’m wearing it!

Look forward to meeting you!
Dave

P.S. Mr. & Mrs. Sausage stopped by a few nights ago and had the same opinion of my beer selection![/quote]
IIRC Mr Sausage has a good selection of tasty brews. Drinkin and enjoyin bud doesn’t make you a redneck. But it’s hard to go back to the tasteless stuff once you’ve had the good stuff, shit it isn’t even that much more (though from a business perspective, it might be). Erdinger retails for the 60’s (like 65 or 69), abbott and the specklie for 80 or so, montetihs maybe in the 80’s at Jasons last time I checked.

How about the Anchor Steam beers? There is someone here on Forumosa who is importing them into Taiwan.

The same guy is also bringing in the Rogue beers as well. Any of these beers would class up your beer selection.

My votes: Anchor Steam Liberty Ale and Rogue’s American Ale. Yes, I like me some hops with my burgers (and onion strings).

(And if we could ever get some American IPA’s (like Three Floyds Dreadnaught IPA) here to go along with your burgers, then I would be a happy man, indeed.)

I think one of the distributors is called Bao Bros, I ordered a couple cases of Liberty a year or two ago, and they were briefly on forumosa, you can probably find them in a search.

But Monteiths is better. A lot. Though from NZ. Wish we could get Sam Adams here.

You can see He Who Importeth the Rogue in this thread…
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 98&t=84966

Or this one…
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &start=190

But here’s the info cut and pasted:

[quote]There are still some great beers in Taiwan. I import Anchor Steam, Liberty Ale and Anchor Porter, and just got my first shipment of Rogue Dead Guy Ale and Rogue American Amber. Both the Rogue ales are multiple award winners in beer contests. Very unique and flavorful for those of us who go for something other than the light lagers that dominate the Taiwan market.

Feel free to send me a text msg or e-mail for more information.
Jim
0961-150012
bao.brothers@gmail.com[/quote]
I ordered a couple of cases around Christmas and was very happy; however, I’ve heard through the grapevine that the distributor may have disappeared. Haven’t tried myself since that first order.

I’m starting to feel thirsty. No idea why.

I love the fact that The Burger Stop offers light beer. I mean real light beer. Taiwan beer may taste light compared to Rogue, but it will still give you a big fat beer gut from drinking it–unless 1 is enough or something.

I have put on 5 inches of fat since living here because for the LOVE OF GOD I CAN’T get light beer. In the US I drank Miller Lite which was low carb/calorie–still with 4.4 % alc. In other words it doesn’t turn you into a fat ass.

I will choose that any day over a heavy beer gut.

I can’t wait until light beer becomes a staple of consumer beer here. There IS a market for it too.

The local supermarket carried Coors light for a few months last year. Every time it was offered, it was all cleared from the shelves within a day.

Then they stopped carrying it. I asked why and of course nobody knew why. AMAZING. You would think that would be proof that people will drink it. I know my gf’s Dad likes it and he is Taiwanese.

I know you can get Coors Light at Jasons, but it is overpriced like everything there.

At the supermarket it was pretty reasonable at $150 or something a 6 pack.

Michelob Ultra is the best mass market light beer Iv come across yet. You guys should be able to find it there?

[quote=“Gifthorse”]I love the fact that The Burger Stop offers light beer. I mean real light beer. Taiwan beer may taste light compared to Rogue, but it will still give you a big fat beer gut from drinking it–unless 1 is enough or something.

I have put on 5 inches of fat since living here because for the LOVE OF GOD I CAN’T get light beer. In the US I drank Miller Lite which was low carb/calorie–still with 4.4 % alc. In other words it doesn’t turn you into a fat ass.

I will choose that any day over a heavy beer gut.

I can’t wait until light beer becomes a staple of consumer beer here. There IS a market for it too.

The local supermarket carried Coors light for a few months last year. Every time it was offered, it was all cleared from the shelves within a day.

Then they stopped carrying it. I asked why and of course nobody knew why. AMAZING. You would think that would be proof that people will drink it. I know my gf’s Dad likes it and he is Taiwanese.

I know you can get Coors Light at Jasons, but it is overpriced like everything there.

At the supermarket it was pretty reasonable at $150 or something a 6 pack.[/quote]
I don’t understand this mindset at all – “I’m happy to drink crap as long as it doesn’t make me fat.” Why not just drink less of something decent?

Hey, Burgerboy. It was great to meet you at the happy hour last night.

I’ve gotta tell you - you remind me a LOT of this guy: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Forte

Stu, did you see the skit I posted of him? Thats the first thing I thought of when I met Dave.

Sandman, actually I like a good IPA, porter, or stout. But for myself I also like Miller Lite. It is watery by comparison, but I think they are both for different purposes. For instance, during the summer on a hot day I like an ice cold Miller Lite.

ON a cool fall day in Oct I like a porter. When I am drinking on a regular basis, I prefer to drink lite beer because it isn’t fattening, and I can drink more of them as a result.

But everyone likes different stuff. For instance I can’t stand beer that isn’t SUPER DUPER cold. Even the good beers like Rogue, Bell’s, or any of the top notch micros from the US. But I know that is more of an American thing.