The Career Morgue 2008

I guess he’s OUT :laughing:

Pretty quiet here so far in 2008. I’ve got one for ya though.

Charlette Marshall-Jones’s career in law enforcement…is over! Way to go dip-shit.

Deputy charged in wheelchair-dumping incident

If I had the time Mer, I would find the incident from two months ago where two cops, handcuffed a drunk man to his wheelchair and proceeded to beat him in the hospital because some young nurse was complaining that he was ‘loud’ :unamused:

If you knew Chicago, you’d know why they could do this… :s

That sounds pretty sick.

Oh wow. Fast times for the grand prix boss. [quote=“NYT”]Few scandals in recent years have provoked as much anger and dismay across Europe as the saga of Max Mosley, the overseer of grand prix motor racing who made tabloid news last weekend in a front-page exposé and accompanying Web video showing him in a sadomasochistic orgy with five supposed prostitutes in a London sex “dungeon.”

But beyond the licentiousness of the episode, it was the suggestion of Nazi undertones in the role-playing during the session in a basement in London’s fashionable Chelsea district that led to demands for Mr. Mosley’s resignation as president of the Paris-based Federation Internationale de l’Automobile. Known as the F.I.A., it is the international governing body of motor sports, and has presided over the expansion of Formula One racing into one of the world’s richest sports.

Family history has added to the notoriety: Mr. Mosley, 67, is the younger son of Britain’s 1930s fascist leader, Sir Oswald Mosley, and the society beauty Diana Mitford, whose secret wedding in Berlin in October 1936 was held at the home of the Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels and included Hitler as a guest of honor.

The tabloid newspaper that broke the story of Mr. Mosley’s Chelsea session, The News of the World, described it as “a depraved Nazi sadomasochistic orgy,” and said Mr. Mosley had paid the equivalent of $5,000 in cash for the five-hour session.

In a video the paper posted on the Internet but later removed, two of the women wore black-and-white striped robes in the style of prisoners’ uniforms. The video showed Mr. Mosley counting in German — “Eins! Zwei! Drei! Vier! Funf!” — as he used a leather strap to lash one of the women.
[…]
The Times of London reported Friday that Mr. Mosley would argue in his lawsuit that he spoke German during the sex-and-bondage session because two of the women involved were Germans, not to engage in Nazi role playing. He learned the language when his parents, interned by Winston Churchill during World War II as security threats and self-exiled in Paris after the war, sent him to an exclusive private school in Bavaria for two years. He later earned a physics degree from Oxford and became a lawyer before making a career in motor racing.
[/quote]

[quote=“Jaboney”]Oh wow. Fast times for the grand prix boss. [quote=“NYT”]Few scandals in recent years have provoked as much anger and dismay across Europe as the saga of Max Mosley, the overseer of grand prix motor racing who made tabloid news last weekend in a front-page exposé and accompanying Web video showing him in a sadomasochistic orgy with five supposed prostitutes in a London sex “dungeon.”

But beyond the licentiousness of the episode, it was the suggestion of Nazi undertones in the role-playing during the session in a basement in London’s fashionable Chelsea district that led to demands for Mr. Mosley’s resignation as president of the Paris-based Federation Internationale de l’Automobile. Known as the F.I.A., it is the international governing body of motor sports, and has presided over the expansion of Formula One racing into one of the world’s richest sports.

Family history has added to the notoriety: Mr. Mosley, 67, is the younger son of Britain’s 1930s fascist leader, Sir Oswald Mosley, and the society beauty Diana Mitford, whose secret wedding in Berlin in October 1936 was held at the home of the Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels and included Hitler as a guest of honor.

The tabloid newspaper that broke the story of Mr. Mosley’s Chelsea session, The News of the World, described it as “a depraved Nazi sadomasochistic orgy,” and said Mr. Mosley had paid the equivalent of $5,000 in cash for the five-hour session.

In a video the paper posted on the Internet but later removed, two of the women wore black-and-white striped robes in the style of prisoners’ uniforms. The video showed Mr. Mosley counting in German — “Eins! Zwei! Drei! Vier! Funf!” — as he used a leather strap to lash one of the women.
[…]
The Times of London reported Friday that Mr. Mosley would argue in his lawsuit that he spoke German during the sex-and-bondage session because two of the women involved were Germans, not to engage in Nazi role playing. He learned the language when his parents, interned by Winston Churchill during World War II as security threats and self-exiled in Paris after the war, sent him to an exclusive private school in Bavaria for two years. He later earned a physics degree from Oxford and became a lawyer before making a career in motor racing.
[/quote][/quote]

Damn! They should be giving the guy a medal for his stamina. Sixty-seven years old with five hookers? I’m not sure if he should be losing his position for this. Was he wearing an actual Nazi outfit (like Prince Harry did a few years ago for a costume party)? Undertones? Speaking German and having the girls wear prisoner outfits? I think he is being punished for his name here more than anything else. Given his family’s fascist history on both sides (Mosley + the Mitford family included Fascists and Communists), it probably wasn’t the best idea to speak German or get them to dress up as prisoners. School teachers, nurses etc. might have been a safer route.

I’m thinking the French will be awarding this guy some kind of medal or ribbon with induction into a French Legion de’ Honore.

This probably won’t end his career, but it might explain his zany personality.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_ … er_charged

Chewey -
Thats the PG version of the story…here’s the real deal:

KINKY NEWS NETWORK
CNN’S QUEST A VERY ‘KNOTTY’ BOY

[i]" This is CNN? Kinky!
CNN personality Richard Quest was busted in Central Park early yesterday with some drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a sex toy in his boot, law-enforcement sources said.

Quest, 46, was arrested at around 3:40 a.m. after a cop spotted him and another man inside the park near 64th Street, a police source said."[/i]…more story at link.

When that article refers to a sex toy in his boot, is that like in his trunk in the American sense?

HG

Foot wear.

Maybe the shoe, or boot, is now on the other foot.

This was the best part[quote]The criminal complaint says the officer at the scene was able to ID the drug because of “his prior experience as a police officer in drug arrests, observation of packaging which is characteristic of this type of drug, and defendant’s statements that . . . ‘I’ve got some meth in my pocket.’” [/quote] :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I thought this was kind of funny.
This is what you get if you try to do a search of ‘Richard Quest’ at CNN.com:

Very amusing–he certainly is a lively personality. I do sincerely hope this doesn’t hurt his career at CNN.

BTW, if you want to encourage CNN not to drop him and his shows, you could send them some feedback supporting him. Here’s the form for the Quest show:
http://edition.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?86

This is for Business International:
http://edition.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?45

And here’s one specifically for Richard Quest:
http://edition.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form4.html?115

Did I miss something or is CNN censoring the Quest case?

Yeah, I think they’re keeping quiet on this one; probably still trying to figure out whether to can him or something.

“cane him”
:astonished:
No, that would probably only encourage more outrageous behavior.

Oh, you said “can him”

Well, if he is given the boot ( :slight_smile: ) then he could always teach English in Taiwan.

Now I don’t care who you are…Thats Funny!

Strangely, since this happened in Western Australia, a mining state, this leader of that state’s opposition will likely survive, when clearly he shouldn’t. And no, he’s not ten year’s old.

Class act!!!

[quote]Yes, I did inhale: Liberal leader admits sniffing staffer’s chair
April 30, 2008

ONE day after angrily dismissing accusations that he sniffed the chair of a female Liberal Party staff member as “unsubstantiated, anonymous rumours”, the West Australian Opposition Leader, Troy Buswell, broke down yesterday and admitted he had done so.

However, he said he would not stand down as Liberal leader.

On Monday, Mr Buswell was accused of lifting a woman’s chair in his office in 2005, sniffing it in front of her and later repeating the act in front of staff members. The woman, who does not want to be named, said she was “shocked and outraged and I told him”.

Mr Buswell initially claimed the chair-sniffing story was part of a smear campaign against him. “It’s not my intent to comment in detail on unsubstantiated, anonymous rumours,” he said. “I’m not going to do it in this case and I’m not going to do it in future cases.”

But at a press conference yesterday, Mr Buswell said he had repeatedly refused to deny the allegations because he wanted to protect the woman involved.

He broke down after he was asked about the effect of the reports on his wife and children.

Mr Buswell said his wife was aware of the allegations before they were published and said it had been a difficult time for him “on a personal level”.

“These are difficult issues for me to deal with and they are very difficult issues for my family to deal with,” he said. “It’s hard dealing with these matters and having to face up to your responsibilities behaviourally, publicly, and it’s harder to do it privately.”

This is not Mr Buswell’s first brush with controversy, having previously admitted to snapping a Labor staffer’s bra as a drunken party trick and being accused by a retiring Liberal MP, Katie Hodson-Thomas, of making sexist remarks to her.[/quote]

HG