The Carrefour 2021 Thread

They’ve also been closing quite a few stores in China recently (the last one in Hangzhou is closing later this month, plus at least two others in Xiamen and Dongguan) and partially shifting to a paid membership system like Costco.

I guess that Carrefour China is a different legal entity with different owners (Suning.com) though, so don’t know if the chain has similar plans here.

They’re taking bids to sell it already.

Damn, my Blockchain field is still missing.

On Carrefour: I just hope somehow the “western” options will continue to be available. Sometimes it’s great to have them around.

2 Likes

Yes, and at the current reasonable prices! It seems like a tall order.

3 Likes

Yes, this!

It’s not like they’re the only guys to have (say) raspberry jam, or simple yoghurt. But they are the only guys to have these things cost less than NT$100 each, which is an absolute win for me.

Guy

1 Like

I’m expecting the Tienmu store to become an upscale boutique market to compete with City Super :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s just the amount of fruit inside that’s different. 15-45%

That may well be so. But somehow the cheap product Carrefour brings in from Spain (for the jam I mentioned) still tastes decent enough, at least for me.

Guy

The one I buy is from France

1 Like

Whenever there is a product that they suspect foreigners only buy, Carrefour, and local supermarkets, will gouge your eyes out.

Agrilife imported Thai coconut oil, 380NTD per bottle at my local Carrefour.

RRP in Thailand off random Thai site, 170 Thai baht = 140 NTD. ~270% higher at Carrefour.

Maybe, but coconut oil is pretty big here.

1 Like

Buy one get one.

4 Likes

That looks . . . tempting.

Damn you Carrefour! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Sun. Jan. 2, 10% off purchases over $2,000. If there’s a big purchase you’ve been holding off on, that may be worth your while. I may use it as an excuse to buy a bottle or two of whisky, although for this kind of deal I’m never sure when alcohol is included or not.

3 Likes

No tobacco, alcohol, medicines, sanitizer alcohol (damn)…

2 Likes

Ah damn. OK, getting over $2,000 for regular groceries, without purchasing booze, isn’t usually going to happen for me. But we’ve used days like this for buying our most recent fridge and washing machine.

What seems to be the pattern: if it’s a straight 10% off at the till, alcohol usually isn’t included; but if it’s the offers when you get a coupon for 10% of the value of your purchase, booze IS often included.

1 Like

My neighborhood Carrefour had almost no chocolate a few days ago, and only half of the variety on the image.

New Thread here: