The Carrefour 2021 Thread

What kind of beer-drinking philosophy is this? Drink till you drop. Or wake up.

Senior citizens need to pace themselves a bitā€¦

Getting older? Wiser? Donā€™t like hangovers anymore?

Same for me. But I found a solution: buy smaller bottles, not always the 1.5 liter ones :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And only two in Taipei, neither of which are anywhere near me. Iā€™ve actually never been in one or even noticed one. PX-Mart and Carrefour are all over the place.

1 Like

Currently 3 that Iā€™m aware of in Taipei city, and at least that many in New Taipei city.

Theyā€™re currently in talks to be taken over by PX Mart by the middle of 2022!

2 Likes

More than Iā€™d have thought, given that I donā€™t remember ever seeing one. I must have at some point - I just donā€™t remember it. Looks like there are eight in Taipei / New Taipei. (Map below is a screenshot, so donā€™t expect to click on it!)

https://news.rt-mart.com.tw/main/61

1 Like

Youā€™re right, it appears there are now TWO out in Neihu. Thatā€™s funny. Still only one anywhere near the city center, though. And yes, Iā€™m aware there are more in New Taipei, but I was referring to Taipei.

Oh PX is taking over RT. I welcome this development.

Why?
I tend to find better things in RT not PX

3 Likes

Have been two there for as long as I can remember, itā€™s not a new thing.

Definitely, generally a larger selection at lower prices plus they accept all credit cards.

2 Likes

I remember seeing more interesting stuff in the Bade Road PX.

I buy raw cashews, wheat and rye berries for flour at that rtmart. Their fruit is vege selection is great and much cheaper.
I always find more Italian products and wines there.
I hope they donā€™t get rid of the imports and health food.
Citysuper or Jasonā€™s usually have plain tortilla chips without weird powder coatings.
The Tianmu Carrefour usually has the best selection of imports - beans in tomato sauce, pickles, stuff that Taiwanese donā€™t eat.
Shopping is like a treasure hunt here. Youā€™ve won when you find the item.

9 Likes

I think Iā€™m getting my marts mixed up.

Fair enough. Seems random to have two way the hell out there and only one in all the rest of Taipei. My point still stands that they arenā€™t really ā€œa thingā€ in most of Taipei the way Carrefour and PX Mart are. Perhaps they are great if you happen to live near one, but Iā€™ll never know unless they put one in my part of the city.

1 Like

Can you use any credit card there?
Yes: RT Mart
No: PX Mart

1 Like

Or you might be in a Costco.

4 Likes

You could, but youā€™d have to call it Costco Mart!
:grin:

2 Likes

They donā€™t take credit card in OK Mart either.

OK Mart. Itā€™s not great, just OK.

4 Likes

Apparently President Chainstores (7-11) is in the running to buy Carrefour.

1 Like