The Carrefour 2021 Thread

Auchan wiki

They are different however the relationships between super/hyper market groups are extremely fluid and more incestuous than European royal families, there are actually books written about them.

Are they still closing at 10 in Taoyuan? :frowning: I canā€™t find any info.

I am thoroughly amused that you posted this 5 minutes before 10.

8 Likes

The struggle is real haha.

3 Likes

Question - does anybody know, are the online specials typically offered at the same time in store?

I noticed chocolate was buy one get one free, and donā€™t really want to screw around with Taiwan website user experience.

https://online.carrefour.com.tw/zh/search?q=chocolate

1 Like

6 Likes

Youā€™re good, thanks @tempogain.

1 Like

I wish Carrefour had a more consistent selection of beers. They always have the Belgian stuff, but I canā€™t drink more than one of those at a time.

Occasionally Iā€™ll walk into the Pingtung City Carrefours and think ā€œDAMN, Iā€™ve gotta try these!ā€ The rest of the time I just pass the beer section by. They do have some great prices on liquor though. Seems to be the cheapest place to buy Jameson and Bombay Sapphire.

2 Likes

That chocolate is much better than I expected. Great value.

I picked up some buy one get one in a couple different shops over a month ago.

Maybe ongoing or on and off sale.

3 Likes

I just picked up 10 blocks this morning at my local in Taipei city. Itā€™s really not bad, maybe marginally worse than other mass market stuff like Lindt. I wonder what they are doing to get the cost down.

The good thing with this special is the local oldsters arenā€™t cleaning it off the shelves, like if it was rice or sweet pickles or something.

Baked beans are out of stock again. :hot_face:

3 Likes

Mix in shortening (palm fat) instead of all cacao butter. Increases the melting point. If it does not melt away on your tongue itā€™s the vegetable fat used. Cacao butter start melting at around 30-32C. With vegetable shorting it can reach 40C before melting.

My Carrefour doesnā€™t have all of them, no raspberry or orange.

1 Like

I never drink more than one at the a time, I drink one, than one more, at three I usually stop, about 45 min to an hour per beer. Gives it time to have my liver break down the alcohol.

The house brand Iā€™m talking about, seen in tempogainā€™s picture, does not have any palm oil or any other substitute oil listed on the ingredients. Just beurre de cacao.

1 Like

lobotomy

3 Likes

Lobotomy! Lobotomy! Oh, thatā€™s a different song.

1 Like

Same energy though.

1 Like

A Ramones cover of Gongxi could have been really good.

5 Likes

Damnā€¦Iā€™d pay cash for that.

3 Likes