The Carrefour 2023 Thread

Uni-Pres is profitable company

The amount of trashy industrial “food” and “drink” they produce is incredible. I hope they do not further control the supermarkets in Taiwan, flooding them with their dubious products.

Guy

1 Like

if u have big bucks, also City Super.

1 Like

No city super here, but have DOLLARS hypermart, will go later for Lasagne vegetariane , cipollotti e ricotta. For huge hypermart has lots of Euro and Japanese items

2 Likes

Cipollotti🤤

1 Like

City Super in Taiwan is owned by Far Eastern group, same as A-Mart

Its one of the biggest food produceers in the wolld.

Also partly owns a chain of supermarkets in Canada apparently

Easy to get anywhere too!

Zhishan/Tianmu Carrefour has been redesigned, especially import section. Took a while to find the usual purchases.

Should I be worried that I couldn’t find the Florida Bakery flour tortillas or pita shells? I assumed they were either out of stock or in an obscure location, but then I couldn’t find any at the neighboring City Super either.

2 Likes

Leaving Tamsui’s now. They are moving everything around.

2 Likes

The Tortillas and Pita were still there, but in the refrigerated section further up, around the milk/cheese sorta area.

1 Like

Is owned by Aldi. Maybe it’s time Aldi and Lidl enter the Taiwan market, making done with all this price gauging shit.

5 Likes

I go to that Carrefour from time to time, but I actually never knew there was a City Super there!

In Sogo!

I saw on Google Maps, but that likely wouldn’t have helped me, because I didn’t know there was a Sogo there either. :whistle:

Hmm, thanks. I went back and forth in that area but couldn’t find them: haven’t they always been in that aisle? (Or at least for a long time.) But I’m used to them being on the bottom shelf, so maybe I wasn’t looking in the right place. Plus, well, Taiwan. Inconsistent stocking is very much a thing. It was when I couldn’t find them in City Super either that I became a touch concerned. Long ago I used to head well into Taipei City to Florida Bakery itself to get flour tortillas; I hope those days don’t return! (Or, even worse, they’re no longer available at all.)

I also spent some time searching around in the “new” (a year ago?) bacon, tofu, etc. area, but no luck there, nor in the deli meats area.

That’s quite a building to miss!

The City Super is occasionally useful for ingredients that the Carrefour doesn’t stock. Ginger beer today. In a very rare while personal favourites like Chex Mix snacks will show up, for maybe two weeks, then they’ll disappear again.

1 Like

Aldi would be much appreciated here. I always thought TJ’s was owned by Aldi, but the internet indicates they’re distantly related — two brothers or something like that, but totally separate ownership. Also, theres “the blue Aldi” and “the orange Aldi” and those are two different ALDIs all together.

There is Aldi North and Aldi Süd.

1 Like

Not when you just go from Zhishan MRT station to Carrefour and back again. :whistle:

I think I’ve only been further down that road once or twice.

I thought the Sogo is an obvious big building you can see from the MRT station, but I was unable to confirm that with Google maps earlier. So maybe I’m making that up.