The Combat Zone

Refurbishment is afoot here in The Zone. But as we say in The “Capital of Cool” ( BBC definition) Wolverhampton, it is ’ Unspoilt by Progress.’

Which is also Bank’s Brewery Motto.
A beer sorely required on these shores.

Any word of another Zone street party being held in the near future? Or will the fuzz put the kybosh on it again?

Yes, I agree that the PI is a fun place, but I thought we were talking about bars in Taiwan?

:wink:

We are

@Mod Lang, the “Manila” Tony is referring to above is Manila Bar, opposite My Place. It has been around about 10 years. It has a good 2-4-1 happy hour that makes it one of the best deals in the Zone.

s-a-r-c-a-s-m

As reported in last Sunday’s Taipei Times. The Zone is holding another street party in November. This time they intend to start earlier in the afternoon so the Old Bill cannot interfere.
ALL Forumosans should attend.
I will post the date when we have it confirmed

Yes it is. We have Happy Hours every day in Peace Jazz

I have been reliably informed by Nick ( My Place ) that the next street party will be held on the last Saturday afternoon/evening in October.
Come one, come all.

I have a question: Do the bands playing there get paid for their efforts?

…any names of bands known already ? which bars participate ?

The bands play in the street, although Chatters and The Farmhouse and Patina have live music every weekend.

What prices are the sorts charging nowadays ?

It used to be a right old rip-off.

[quote=“WolvesMon”]I have been reliably informed by Nick ( My Place ) that the next street party will be held on the last Saturday afternoon/evening in October.
Come one, come all.[/quote]
That’s next week.

Just a note to let fans of Manila Bar know that Kitty is now working at O’Malley’s in Shanghai. She’s already pulling in the customers!

I haven’t been since 1990 - has it changed much?

So how as the street party??

i’m dying to know, what does Kitty do to pull in the customers???

I’m dying to know, what does Kitty do to pull in the customers???[/quote]

Kegels?

I’m dying to know, what does Kitty do to pull in the customers???[/quote]

Kegels?[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: