The Costco Thread (2006)

Costco now has V8 juice! If you knew that, let me be happy. :slight_smile:

Also, as a great buy, they are now selling a GREAT book: The 20th Century Day by Day; 100 years of news. 1500 plus pages, for

Less than 500NT!

Sholy Hit!

jdsmiles

They’ve had V-8 for awhile now, at least in cans.

I’m happy that they decided to carry some decent, affordable Chilean wines by giving the Missiones de Rengo line a place on their shelves.

That and 500 packs of Bounce dryer sheets that make my clothes static free and April fresh.

Costco rocks.

I was at Costco today. They had soy milk taste testing. I figured this was strange enough to need a pic.

New coffee beans as well. Blue Mountain.

yeah i like the chilean white they have for $219. gracia de chile.

Ever notice the huge platefuls of hotdog relish and onions people scoop out at the concession? Whats that all about? :ponder:

Costco is cool… but it is a bitch and a half to keep it under budget there. :tic: :noway:

for the canadians:
costco in Neihu has CLAMATO juice… great for caesars!

[quote=“bushibanned”]for the Canadians:
costco in Neihu has CLAMATO juice… great for caesars![/quote]

Yes, but they pulled seal oil off the shelf. :fume:

[quote=“zerosum”]Ever notice the huge platefuls of hotdog relish and onions people scoop out at the concession? Whats that all about? :ponder:

[/quote]

Ever notice how they put sauerkraut and relish on their pizzas?

The sauerkraut bin gives me the willies, BTW, with thousands of people poking their hands in it all day.

I figure the brine in the sauerkraut keeps the germs at bay. The fountain drinks suck, though. I’ve converted to orange soda just because at least it’s supposed to taste like candy.

I’ve been buying V8 since last September, at first the stuff in a bottle, but lately the cans since they’re easier to take to work, even if they’re more wasteful as far as packaging goes. My favorite thing to buy from Costco are the cheese sticks (not the mozzarella fried thingies, but the cold mini-wrapped ones…cheddar and jack). I love cheese and I pack these as a snack for between classes. Oh, and their whole-grain bread.

:doh: I could’ve had a V8!

For a year or two, I kept grabbing one bag of bagels at COSTCO, and arriving at the checkout only to be told that the price is for two. :s I have a bad memory for this kind of thing, you see. Last week, I remembered to take two bags.

And at the checkout, they proceeded to tell me that the price is for three bags. :help: They’re just messing with me on purpose, right? :raspberry:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]For a year or two, I kept grabbing one bag of bagels at COSTCO, and arriving at the checkout only to be told that the price is for two. :s I have a bad memory for this kind of thing, you see. Last week, I remembered to take two bags.

And at the checkout, they proceeded to tell me that the price is for three bags. :help: They’re just messing with me on purpose, right? :raspberry:[/quote]

Actually, it’s 3 bags! :slight_smile:

I’m almost tempted to have a meltdown, throw myself on the floor and wail, “But I don’t want three bags of bagels! I only want one!”

Yeah, I can see that. :loco:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]For a year or two, I kept grabbing one bag of bagels at COSTCO, and arriving at the checkout only to be told that the price is for two. :s I have a bad memory for this kind of thing, you see. Last week, I remembered to take two bags.

And at the checkout, they proceeded to tell me that the price is for three bags. :help: They’re just messing with me on purpose, right? :raspberry:[/quote]

I was interested in what people could do with 2 bags. What on earth can you do with 3 bags?

I split them and freeze them. Can’t see any other option unless you’re running an army mess.

We share them with friends. And freeze them.

I’m always having left-over Costco stuff that I eventually have to throw out because it’s so old. Right now I’ve got a almost full jar of peanut butter that has been unused for the last six months or so. I’ve got have a bag of raison bran. (Are those really raisons?) Sometimes I just lose my taste for something and nobody else will eat it.
I like to get the boxed wine from Hardy’s and microwave popcorn.

My favorite is the lifetime supply of Hellman’s mayonaise that you are supposed to consume in like 4 week after opening - it’s more like 6 months.

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“Dragonbones”]For a year or two, I kept grabbing one bag of bagels at COSTCO, and arriving at the checkout only to be told that the price is for two. :s I have a bad memory for this kind of thing, you see. Last week, I remembered to take two bags.

I was interested in what people could do with 2 bags. What on earth can you do with 3 bags?

I split them and freeze them. Can’t see any other option unless you’re running an army mess.[/quote]

I also bought some ham and sliced cheddar cheese and made a killer bagel sandwich this morning. :slight_smile:

I’ve got a slightly old Spanish sausage. Swap you for the peanut butter.