The COVID humbug thread (2021 edition)

Apparently over 40% of Britain wants this – permanent face mask rules, and a ban on travel for anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated. Totalitarian much?

https://twitter.com/mattholehouse/status/1413155464632836100?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

3 Likes

This is the nonsense the bought and paid gophers churn out on daytime TV in the UK:

It looks like @cake doesn’t want to play. He’s no fun… :unamused:

Fine, I’ll be on my way. :flying_saucer:

PS. Sorry, one question: what film?? It doesn’t even say on the youtube page.

Yeah, that story is more than a little worrying. The article itself doesn’t really add much more nuance, beyond a subtext of “Whoah, this is f*cked.”

The one with the two guys chatting in a café? It’s called My Dinner with Andre.

2 Likes

When the emotion of fear, and of feeling constantly afraid, has become the predominant (if not only) human emotion being expressed in individuals and societies all around the world at this time, then surely something is greatly amiss. ​

There’s not much positivity one gets from being driven by a ceaseless, unending dread. Once you’ve tied yourself to the alarmist sales pitch then you’re in for a very disturbing ride.

Everyone is so scared these days. It seems like it’s pandemic of fear more than anything else - a terror and panic that appears far in excess of the actual threat of COVID.

On the flip side, being incessantly frightened of big pharma, the WEF, vaccines and the Great Reset, isn’t going to be good for one’s psychological well-being either.

Both preoccupations aren’t really going to result in a happy and wholesome mind.

If one wants to be a participant in the modern world, we’ll have to accept that more powerful players above us are going to do things we don’t want, whether we like it or not. We can resist it up to a point, but they’ll simply take away all your freedoms. That’s how they control everyone.

They want us to be afraid, all the time. Fearful people are easily controlled and manipulated, by all parties. If we are not hitching our wagons to any of these fear-trains, even while going through all this stuff, then how can we really be controlled?

It’s a much healthier option, regardless. There are so many things beyond our control and sphere of influence. There’s some ability to resist and rebel up to a point. But to be part of the modern world has a price that must be paid, as the system is run by others more powerful then ourselves. They are setting the rules, not us.

TLDR: Raging against the machine will drive you mad. As will fear of COVID and fear of “anti-vaxxers.” Choose something positive and live your life more happily.

3 Likes

Have you been reading Solzhenitsyn? :slight_smile:

The emotion I struggle to control is not fear, but anger. Halfwits in uniform; halfwits on TV telling everyone to be afraid; halfwits on Twitter or whatever telling us that COVID is a clear and present danger and that we have never faced such a challenge to our survival. Some of them are merely “doing their jobs”, and although I wouldn’t hold those people blameless, there might be some hope for them. Some of them believe with the fervour of the Converted that they’re doing the Lord’s Work. And of course they are. They just don’t know who their Lord is. And that makes me angry. And what on earth do you do with that?

We’re not facing what Solzhenitsyn faced (yet). So getting a sense of perspective is a good idea. OTOH, Solzhenitsyn found a pretty unique way of dealing with things. It’s not how I personally deal with things.

One question that bothers me presently is this: how is it that things “bigger than ourselves” come to exist in the first place? Certainly we need to learn to ignore “microaggressions” like bureaucratic form-filling and pointless, invasive tests which we have to pay lots of money for. 'Twas ever thus. But what about these vast, shadowy, overarching organisations like the WEF? Why, exactly, do we need to submit to them apart from the threat of being locked up? More precisely, why can’t be build alternative structures so that, instead of thinking “well, I have no choice”, the silent dissenters can at least see that some other choice exists.

It seems to me that TPTB become The Powers merely because they are driven by religious zeal to realise their nightmarish visions; they have all the motivation and energy of the newly converted cult member. Finally, their time has come to shine! They are no longer just mediocre nobodies, but an important cogwheel in an important machine. Those who just want to be left alone have none of that. We’re just grouchy, and lazy. We’re content to just complain on the internet. But somewhere along the line, something has to be done. I’m just not entirely sure what.

Incidentally, @OliviaLinToo seems to be competing with you for rant-of-the-day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like the Brexit argument all over again.

Let the people choose. Oh no. You chose something I don’t like.

They need saving from themselves. They don’t understand.

And as for Loraine Kelly. Have you ever seen a more stupid person?

Apparently they’re already scheduling those “at risk” in the UK for a booster shot in September.

The second half of my bet (back in mid-2020) with BrianJones was: even if they get vaccines rolled out for 2021, they’ll stop working after six months.

Of course, I was “180 degrees wrong” :whistle:

Vaccines will save us!

TBH I can’t understand a word she’s saying :slight_smile:

I don’t remember her accent being so … Glaswegian back in the day.

As for the other guy, he’s making statements that can’t be justified with reference to research. The idea that “there is no downside”, particularly for young people, is demonstrably false: the younger you are, the more dubious the risk-benefit analysis becomes.

Notice how the goalposts have changed yet again: the vaccine is not to ensure you don’t die, but to reduce your risk of “long COVID”. And again, asserting that “some may be affected for their whole lives” is completely unjustified. There is no way of knowing this. And he has the nerve to accuse everyone who doesn’t want the vaccine of “not understanding science”.

In any case, the vaccine manufacturers are simply not following up on the vast majority of vaccine recipients, despite the fact that this is supposed to be a large-scale clinicial trial. The bottom line is we have precious little information on the long-term effects of a mass vaccination programme, either on individuals or on the evolutionary trajectory of the virus.

I’m not that cultured!

That’ll get ya too! :slight_smile:

Good question. To me, that’s entering the realm of questioning the meaning of existence and why things are as they are. I mean, why are they in control, and not someone else more benevolent? Why is this all even happening?

You can certainly try. Set an example for others to see how it can be done. However, that is intolerable for TPTB. They really won’t allow it. I can’t name one successful alternative community or society. Personally, having had some experience of living in alternative communities, I don’t believe that is really possible to create utopia on earth. As soon as you bring in land (someone has to own it), money and people, you’re inviting drama. I’ve never seen a community that isn’t dysfunctional. I have had many friends who started these things or want to start them. I think the time to do them has passed. The world circumstances aren’t amenable any more.

Everyone will have their own ideas for a solution. Personally, I believe the answer lies in an existential and philosophical quest. But that’s for the individual - to find out the meaning/purpose of one’s life and what and why all these things are happening, and one’s place in the universe and all that. Some people just want to get through life, pay the bills, eat, etc. forget all these sorts of questions and live life as is. That’s cool too.

All in all, I guess to maintain the rage is wasted energy that can be better directed towards a more positive life and alternative, whatever that may be for the individual. Some people think the answer is here, some there, doing this, doing that. Finding those who are like-minded will help focus one’s life on the common goal.

Don’t get me wrong, I think TPTB are unsavory types and to be avoided. Should they be punished/ stopped? Probably, but I don’t have the ability to do that. All I can do is try and avoid their tentacles as far as possible. I mean, I was born into the system - I had my vaccines from birth, was educated to be a materialist and all that stuff - so have been well-indoctrinated as anyone, I guess. At this point all I can do is ignore whatever unnecessary impositions they attempt, ones that I can. Some of them I won’t be able to.

Eventually they want to control the entire food and water supply and all land everywhere, as well all freedoms. They won’t stop until that is achieved. Some here on this forum think this type of talk is crazy talk. I don’t think it is and I think the past 2 years have seen that there’s not much they don’t want to control. Even reading back on some of the pro-lockdown, pro-COVID posters on forumosa you can see how they changed their understandings of govt. since 2020. I was reading through one particular long-term poster here and saw how they were first critical of govt overreach but very soon became a cheerleader for what I consider fascist-style interventions. So it’s easy to make people change their views if you scare them enough. COVID hysteria is driving this change. It’s the wedge to bring in all these overreaching interventions in our personal lives. I mean, when you get govt officials wanting to ban people from hugging their kids inside their own homes, for a virus that hardly anyone gets and which is mostly harmless to the vast majority of humans, you’ve truly jumped the shark. Fonzie would not be pleased. Nor Potsie. Nor Ralph Malph. None of those guys would support any of it. I’d like to hope so, anyway :laughing:

The whole thing is serious, for sure. But I’m not going to let it destroy me from the inside. I mean, that’d be a win for TPTB, right? :slight_smile: Someone got so angry that they burned themselves up, made themselves ill, drove them insane or to harm themselves or someone else? I mean, they want you to be constantly in anxiety. I guess to defeat them all you’d need to do would be not to live in fear or anxiety. I’m pretty sure they hate that :rofl: Keeping one’s mental balance and humor is a win.

Anyway, just some thoughts to add to yours :+1:

2 Likes

I keep hearing that there are apparently one million plus with long covid in the Uk now. I spoke to a mate who had covid bad and he compared it to the whiplash insurance claims.

Whenever people were in car crashes, however small, they claimed whiplash. Hard to determine if you are lying or not.

Want a few weeks extra off work, long covid. Who is to say whether you have it or not?

Obviously some people genuinely feel shite longer than others.

Nice little experiment:

First they came for the healthcare workers…
Just a coincidence that this narrative mirrors other countries…

So, I saw this movie on late night TV where a dystopian government used a virus as a kind of black magic ritual. The thermometers to the forehead, and the slight bow, were to mentally enforce obedience. Hand sanitizing was a pun for hand satanizing…

Mask shortages were a complete 1984 joke.

And the masks, were the capstone to the ritual. They represented, in freemasonry, the bride’s veil. Humanity is the bride… the masks are the ogre trying to stop Her running out the door before the wedding.

Corona, I guess, could mean crown. i.e. the fight for the crown of Earth.

The masks etc, in this sci-fi flick, were a cynical Orwellian experiment to see how far the public would self-enforce.

You also have unlimited license to take trillions off the public, using the virus as the excuse. The vaccines dull human’s higher faculties.

Some crazy stuff on late night TV nowadays!!!

You watch some right crap on late night TV :slight_smile:

Any idea when that movie was made? Sounds quite prophetic for low-budget sci-fi.

I think it’s ongoing. In production right now…

‘Alert, Reptilian Attack’… or some such BS title.

My views on “long COVID” have evolved a bit. There’s some definite hint that the ‘spike’ protein on the virus is harmful in and of itself; so there’s a known mechanism which might explain the reported symptoms. OTOH, the Brits are experts at pulling a sickie, so I suspect the numbers are exaggerated to a certain extent. As you say, discomfort is highly subjective, and a doctor might be unable to detect any signs. The default position is to assume the patient is telling the truth.

Only 8% of the population (~5m) have ever been diagnosed positive, and of those, 10% were hospitalized. Most cases (80%, IIRC) of “long COVID” are associated with hospitalization, so the idea that there are 1m sufferers seems highly unlikely. It may well be 200,000 or more; but I’m not sure that justifies the headless-chicken mode of government that our Dear Leaders are currently indulging in.

Whatever happened to ‘yuppie flu’? Did that vanish like the flu did (which now conveniently is to return from the grave)?

Just found this :laughing:

Long COVID – is it the new Yuppie Flu?

I had a friend who had glandular fever when around 19. As the article mentions, it can give someone fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) that can last for years. I saw it first hand. It’s rough. Took him many years to recover from it.

1 Like