The Crowded Presidential 2024 Election Thread

Pence plays second fiddle to Greta the miniature Earth Goddess.

Zelenskyy also met former U.S. Vice President Mike Pence who visited Kyiv. Pence, an advocate of U.S. support to Ukraine, is running for the 2024 Republican nomination for president.

I’m hoping for Ron DeSantis, but that appears unlikely.

What do you think Ron brings to the table?

I need to hear more about his plans, the actual real plans, not the anti woke stuff he thinks we think is important.

1 Like

To be honest, I just want to defeat the Democrats and I think Ron has a much better chance of doing that than Trump at this point.

I can tell you he says he’s going to eliminate 4 agencies including the IRS, and on day 1 remove the FBI director.

1 Like

Yeah, that can’t really be done by fiat, and also it would be catastrophically stoopid. IMO

Heard.

3 Likes

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/07/02/chris_christie_trump-desantis_rivalry_is_a_food_fight_about_irrelevant_issues.html

They’re trying to divide us further. And it’s wrong. It’s absolutely wrong. We have big, big issues to be talking about here, runaway inflation, how our students’ educational results are down again this year across the country and noncompetitive with other parts of the world.

And this type of video does nothing to address those issues. And it is a teenage food fight between Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump. And I don’t think that’s what leaders should be doing. And it certainly doesn’t make me feel inspired as an American on the Fourth of July weekend to have this type of back-and-forth going on at all.

What a rambling loon.

He should debate Trump, live, on PPV.

More on Cornel:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/07/14/cornel_west_american_empire_does_bear_significant_responsibility_for_proxy_war_with_russian_federation_in_ukraine.html

See, I want to head the Empire in order to dismantle it. We don’t need 800 military bases around the world. We don’t need U.S. troops, in over 100 countries. We need to be a nation among nations. We don’t need to be the Grand Empire that every nation has to bow down to. I’m anti-Empire, anti-imperialist, in that sense, very much like Mark Twain and the most adorable American philosopher, William James.

Ah yes, the fuck those guys mentality. Gonna go with a bit o’historical-bias, maybe?

One of those ‘defund the police’ types?

Don’t agree with his politics but he’s not wrong on a lot of things and is a hell of a lot smarter than Joe or Gavin. :laughing:

Trump’s speech to the Nazi Moms.

Donald Trump Speaks at Moms for Liberty Convention | C-SPAN.org

They popped HUGE for his education policy. End tenure! wut!! Trump is pushing high brow ideological warfare. “The Marxist/Communist Left.” And the whole pronoun thing and male and female, and no more kiddy castration.

Coming at Biden hard too. “He’s a crook.”

The American people had a chance to do all of that with the other Ron. Ron Paul was spot on with so many issues the US is facing today.

It’s amazing the green and libertarian parties are continuously unable to produce a non-loon candidate. Maybe that says something about their platform…

Also so wrong, about so many things. Including, apparently, how he raised Rand. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Not that the republican or democrat options are generally great, and they’ll both pick loons to run (e.g. Biden/Trump)

Says a lot about the state of the union

Trump and biden are both old men, with old men issues, and Trump is more personally flawed than most, but they’re not loony like green and libertarian candidates.

2 Likes

Cornell West is smarter than the current candidates. Smarter than Biden and Harris combined but that ain’t saying much. :laughing: :laughing: Again, I am not ideologically supportive of West, but recognize he is authentic in the same way Sanders was. Something the corporate side of the Dems ain’t, especially adulterer Gavin and angry Joe. I’d rather vote for Ho Chi Minh’s granny than those fucktards.

I’m solidly right in my sympathies but respect the solidly left, not these corporate Silicon Valley elitist Democrats.

4 Likes

Hunter is an improvement?

Hunter is totally fucked up. But I am somewhat sympathetic to those who struggle with addiction (and their families) vs people who are just total assholes, especially when those assholes are sanctimonious politicians. :wink:

1 Like