The Don's Deleterious Monkey Wrench Thread

Not to mention that golf happy buddy of Putin who used the presidency to funnel money into his hotels…

Looks like somebody who posts under the name Catturd2 might be running for congress, just the idea it would offend the establishment types like Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell makes me smile. :sweat_smile:

A glimpse into an unhinged Trump second term?

We reached that point in the conversation where he looked frankly at [Joint Chiefs of Staff] Gen. [Mark] Milley and said, ‘Can’t you just shoot them, just shoot them in the legs or something?’ … It was a suggestion and a formal question.

Launching missiles into Mexico :crazy_face:

Esper waited this long to expose this - all for a few bucks. The company you keep…

Interesting insight into progressive fever dreams… :sweat_smile:

Odious.

The NYT article being passed around to local feeds today.

Got as far as this.

It never for a moment crossed Donald Trump’s mind that an American president committing sedition

That’s what they all did, for 4 years.

It never for a moment crossed Donald Trump’s mind that an American president committing sedition would be a debilitating, corrosive thing for the country. It was just another way for the Emperor of Chaos to burnish his title.

Too bad, cause Trump’s pugnacious win at all costs style clouded his judgement. He wanted to set a Constitutional precedent. Not as easy as throwing money at courts in NYC until they leave you alone.

Do yourself a favor, knowing what we know now, go back and listen to the entire 1/6 call to action that Trump gave before the peaceful protest turned less about standing up for the old USA and more about rhetorical advocacy and a bit of the ultraviolence. And don’t get me wrong, Trump was railroaded, twice, with the Russia hoax and the first impeachment.

The second one? He deserved that shit. He earned it. He TRIED to earn it. I have no more slack to let out for him.

1 Like

Funny, I feel the opposite. The first impeachment was justified, but the second as worded in the articles (almost totally focused on the 1/6 speech with little mention of other events) was not. I don’t see anything in his speech to impeach him over after reading it several times (I linked the transcript somewhere on here).

I watched it in real time, appalled, and then watched a bunch of yahoos trash the capital. All that after his months of bs about the election being stolen. I mean, he had the cure to the plague on the one hand and his ego on the other. He chose wrong imo. ymmv

What did he say then? People are responsible for their own actions. I would have pointed to the bs about the election being stolen, but I guess we’re seeing that they wouldn’t be able to make that case. And we don’t want a prohibition against contesting elections, obviously.

No, we don’t. I held my tongue when he took the results to court, as that is his right, but dude, do we believe the guy that says not just the dems are against him but also every vote counter in every state he didn’t win? Covid mail in votes threw a monkey wrench into election night counting, for sure, but where’s the fraud? Not the fraud counted by partisan knobs, but the real fraud. He had his chance to grow and mature as a stateman. He fucked it up — royally.

1 Like

Not arguing against that!

2 Likes

It isn’t every state he didn’t win, but even then some states are notorious for always some cheating on the side, like New York, not that it adds up to a hill of beans coz they usually go for the Democrat anyhow, cheating or not. But those 7 states in particular, “officially” stopped counting in the middle of the night so that the Republican watchers could go home, which has never been done in our history, (and hope to God it never will be in the future). They count until we know what the results are.

But never mind how the fraud could be or was perpetrated. Fact is that 70% Republicans believe it was stolen (and a surprising number of democrats as well). They’re not going to forget this in their entire lifetime and that’s what’s driving this fervor this next election cycle.

Usually you hear complaining about stuff like stolen elections on the democrat side, along with other things they throw at the wall to see what sticks. But I’ve never seen Republicans complain about this when they lose, this is quite unusual, they sincerely believe it and not just to talk political points.

Covid mail-in is exactly what I’m talking about in an earlier thread about not following legislative strictures. I believe that was an issue in Wisconsin where the legislative didn’t give any permission whatsoever regarding this. Mail-ins are only for those with disability or other special needs as entailed by the legislature. The Democrat governor (or officer) declared Covid conditions without legislative approval. So those are illegal votes that need to be thrown out as per Constitution. Because we are believe in the rule of law, that the Constitution comes first, and executive governors don’t get to make their own laws, especially when it comes to elections, they execute them.

2 Likes

Which is why they are working on a bipartisan electoral count procedure, I suppose.

Chris Christie covered this very well in his book. Each has its own rules. Some count the mail in last, others first. It made for some exciting middle of the night points being put on the board for Biden, but duh, the GOP shit all over the mail in ballot. Morons missed a big change to get never voters to vote. The Dems did not.

1 Like

You’re missing my point entirely. Yes, each has its own rules, but it’s the legislature who gets to make those rules, each state has its own legislature. Sometimes state legislatures are Republican, sometimes Democrat. I believe they were Republicans in all those 7 controversial states, and mostly Democrat governors vitiating them.

You may think those Democrat governors are changing the rules to better serve voters, but we have these constitutional strictures to make sure one man or woman acting in dictator fashion isn’t taking advantage of the situation to change the outcome of an election by making it easier to perpetrate fraud. Legislatures are composed of 100 or more elected individuals and more likely to provide a stable foundation for election security and safeguards for fraud, and the Constitution foresaw this, and now in hindsight, we see why. We take awful risks when we run afoul of those safeguards. (Well maybe not for Democrats, coz they know Republicans will never do it) And I think that’s one of the most powerful lessons we can come away with concerning Election 2020.

I don’t think I’m missing the point, however I may be missing yours.

Of course the dems used their people to expand mail in voting. Why wouldn’t they? Did it invite abuse? Some. Widespread, centralized abuse? Nope.

You can bang that drum all you want. I won’t waste any more time considering it. The law via the courts have spoken.

1 Like