The Dumbest/Funniest Things My Significant Other Says (I)

here it is guys.i never thought i’d hear something so dumb:

i asked her why my the door to my studio was open and she said " to let the sunlight thru." it’s not enough to let the air go thru. now we gotta let the light go thru.(’:loco:’).

Probably the dumbest thing your wife ever said was “Yes” when you asked her to marry you.

:taz:

Dumbest thing my wife has ever said:

(During a blackout)

“Now the toilet won’t work.”

… . . . I was rolling on the floor laughing after that one. :laughing: She’s the greatest. :wink:

i knew somebody was gonna say that shit. it’s like going back to kindergarten here. lots of fun!

think about it. she lifted the curtains to let the sunlight in. that i can understand. but she opened the door because she felt the sunlight should flow into the window and out the door, the same as “tong fong”. i’m still laughing about this.

[quote=“rantheman”]it’s like going back to kindergarten here.[/quote]We had assumed that’s in fact where you’re posting from. Sorry.

I would quote some of the things my wife has said, but she does browse through here once in a while…

The windows will block the UV light. All the bacteria and bad things will die if they are exposed to direct sunlight. It’s a common mentality among Taiwanese woman. She believes that the direct UV light will cleanse the air in the room it is reflected into. I don’t know about the scientific validity of it, but you might as well mock feng shui and tai chi chuan while you’re at it. She probably wants to hang the clothing in direct sunlight too, even though the sun will bleach the clothes.

My wife is the wisest dumb person that you could ever hope to meet but to be perfectly honest sometimes she is just plain dumb. A couple of minutes ago she asked me if I fart particularly loudly each morning just to wake her up. “Yes dear” I replied “I am your very own odiferous little alarm clock.” Sometimes it is easier just to play along.

damn, i thought I was the only one who did that…i mean a window rattling braaaaaap! first thing in the AM.although i try to make it to the downstairs terlet.

yea baby. thats what im talking about:))

My wife is one of those highly-intelligent, who knew everything they teach in school already in maths and stuff. Thus, she stopped listening to the teachers. Consequently, she skipped to learn about all those little facts of life, which make our life easier. Okay, her parents should teach that also, but TWN children education is usually done my grandma and she puts the kids in front of the tv with Japanese cartoons. So…

we went on 2 weeks vacation. She pulled the plug of the refridgerator, because she thought it is like TV.

This happened when she opened the fridge door on the first day afterwards…

She: “woooooaaaah, all the food is bad … green. What happened?”
[…]
Bobh: “…um…ever heard of bacterias ?”
She: “what?”
Bobh: “…they are germs …”
She: “I know you are German.”
Bobh: “… em … no … I mean they are small and nasty”
“… no, I don’t mean our nephew from upstairs!..”

I later described them as “tiny bugs”, so since then she cleans the fridge like crazy, as she probably thinks they will become those nasty 1" sized Taiwan bugs otherwise :smiley:

To clarify: in my IT hardware job, I am learning from HER, as she is an engineer. She forgot which university or colleage that was, though :noway:

that’s what i’m talking about. they know it by book but they are slow on the uptake when it comes to common sense.

[quote=“rantheman”]here it is guys.I never thought I’d hear something so dumb:

I asked her why my the door to my studio was open and she said " to let the sunlight through." it’s not enough to let the air go through. now we gotta let the light go through.(’:loco:’).[/quote]

I don’t get it. Perhaps the adjacent room was a little dark? I open the door to my room all the time to let the sunlight through, since the adjacent room has no windows. Maybe you need to explain more.

What the above poster said. Maybe rantheman and his wife are goths.

Whats the dumbest thing your wife has said?

I do. :smiley:

[quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]Dumbest thing my wife has ever said:

(During a blackout)

“Now the toilet won’t work.”

… . . . I was rolling on the floor laughing after that one. :laughing: She’s the greatest. :wink:[/quote]

Ohh this had me on the floor also, it kinda reminds me of Milton Burl and fellow comedians with that style of humor… :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Berle. Milton Berle. Burl Ives, but Milton Berle.

I just heard this story while having Mc Breakfast with a buddy.

He was backing out of a parking lot and asked if there were any cars coming.
He was told no and started backing as his wife camly informed him that “there was a truck though”

Costco in Kaohsiung has shopping karts with special wheels so they don’t roll down when using escalators. My wife once told me as we were going down with a loaded Kart: “Them magnets must be so strong!”. We had alternator trouble on our car and it would not always start. She said"I find the car starts better if I use the horn before I start it, does that make sense?"
I’ll admit, my wife is smarter than I but if a mecanicical concept is involved, then I’m the smartest.
She never tells me that she’s smarter,(she’s too smart…) she calls me leasy instead because she knows I’ll take that one with a grin.

My wife makes me feel smart and fortunate everytime I wake up next to her.

Costco in Taipei (near the No 1) grab your cart at the end to help it off the moving ramp.

Must be a story of accidents or something behind them doing that.

Also, why don’t Chinese walk on those damn things? I tend to get annoyed by that as I am always in a hurry, mostly with no need to be in a hurry.

I asked my wife about the Chinese for escalator and she said its “hand hold electric ladder”

So, that does sound like something you could not walk along.

them women! can’t live with em. can’t leave em.