The Dumbest/Funniest Things My Significant Other Says (II)

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Stian”]I’m mostly wondering when I’m suposed to meet mine.

She allways say 20minutes later, but not later than what.

Later then we first agree about?[/quote]

Hahaha…I so know that one. My SO says that all the time. Then again, even if we agree on a certain time, she’s always 20 to 30 minutes late anyway.[/quote]

Yes so it’s mostly right, but try to be those 20minutes later yourself and you can be shure she is on time and has ben there for 20 minutes.

That hapend the only time I thought she would be late annyway.

Lots off funny things hapend and specaly when none off us have english as first language, but we comunicate in that language.

[quote=“Stian”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Stian”]I’m mostly wondering when I’m suposed to meet mine.

Hahaha…I so know that one. My SO says that all the time. Then again, even if we agree on a certain time, she’s always 20 to 30 minutes late anyway.[/quote]

Yes so it’s mostly right, but try to be those 20minutes later yourself and you can be shure she is on time and has ben there for 20 minutes.

That hapend the only time I thought she would be late annyway.

Lots off funny things hapend and specaly when none off us have English as first language, but we comunicate in that language.[/quote]

Yep, I know what you mean. So what I do (and I realise that Tainan is smaller than Taipei and we probably live closer together than you and your SO) is we always meet at my house. She usually drives her car, so my excuse is that we can both ride around on my scooter because it’s easier to find parking. :slight_smile:
That way at least I can just hang out watching TV or whatever until she arrives…

[quote=“bismarck”]

Yep, I know what you mean. So what I do (and I realise that Tainan is smaller than Taipei and we probably live closer together than you and your SO) is we always meet at my house. She usually drives her car, so my excuse is that we can both ride around on my scooter because it’s easier to find parking. :slight_smile:
That way at least I can just hang out watching TV or whatever until she arrives…[/quote]

:notworthy: your a genious :notworthy:

[quote=“Stian”][quote=“bismarck”]

That way at least I can just hang out watching TV or whatever until she arrives…[/quote]

:notworthy: your a genious :notworthy:[/quote]

Long and hard experience, my friend. Long and hard experience. :wink:

here’s mine:

me: why are you opening the curtains?

gf: to let the light in!

me: why?

gf: the sunlight kills the bacteria.

me: … so there’s no bacteria outside?

gf: shut up!

Haha, actually, sunlight kills some disease-causing bacteria, which is a good reason to air your clothes outside.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Stian”]I’m mostly wondering when I’m suposed to meet mine.
Hahaha…I so know that one. My SO says that all the time. Then again, even if we agree on a certain time, she’s always 20 to 30 minutes late anyway.[/quote]Same same here.
I told the wife that the VietNamese have an expression for this - It loosley translates as …rubber time.
She: “Oh yes we have that time here also!”

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Stian”]I’m mostly wondering when I’m suposed to meet mine.
Hahaha…I so know that one. My SO says that all the time. Then again, even if we agree on a certain time, she’s always 20 to 30 minutes late anyway.[/quote]Same same here.
I told the wife that the VietNamese have an expression for this - It loosley translates as …rubber time.
She: “Oh yes we have that time here also!”[/quote]

lol…In South Africa it’s called African time. So growing up there one learns to be flexible about these things. I guess that’s why people being late doesn’t bother me that much, within reason. Also how I come up with alternative ways for waiting for folks, as in convincing my SO to come to me… :smiley:

[quote=“bismarck”]
lol…In South Africa it’s called African time. So growing up there one learns to be flexible about these things. I guess that’s why people being late doesn’t bother me that much, within reason. Also how I come up with alternative ways for waiting for folks, as in convincing my SO to come to me… :smiley:[/quote]

"That’s why in SA, “now” doesn’t mean now. If you want to mean “now”, you say “now now”.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Stian”]I’m mostly wondering when I’m suposed to meet mine.
Later then we first agree about?[/quote]Hahaha…I so know that one. My SO says that all the time. Then again, even if we agree on a certain time, she’s always 20 to 30 minutes late anyway.[/quote]Same same here.
I told the wife that the VietNamese have an expression for this - It loosley translates as …rubber time.She: “Oh yes we have that time here also!”[/quote]lol…In South Africa it’s called African time. So growing up there one learns to be flexible about these things. I guess that’s why people being late doesn’t bother me that much, within reason. Also how I come up with alternative ways for waiting for folks, as in convincing my SO to come to me… :smiley:[/quote]Bismarck -
Yes…I spent a large portion of my working life in Central & South America and the “manana” attitude is well engraqined there. Soon enough is soon enough…lol. I don’t have a problem with it until it comes to airlines and hotel room reservations.
Keep in touch.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“bismarck”]
lol…In South Africa it’s called African time. So growing up there one learns to be flexible about these things. I guess that’s why people being late doesn’t bother me that much, within reason. Also how I come up with alternative ways for waiting for folks, as in convincing my SO to come to me… :smiley:[/quote]

"That’s why in SA, “now” doesn’t mean now. If you want to mean “now”, you say “now now”.[/quote]

Yep, especially in Afrikaans, “nou nou”. But when exactly that now now is would be widely debatable…

Well its funny, i guess it does kill mold and things in Taiwan which is why they do it. But according to my logic it seemed like it didn’t make sense, if the sun is killing baceria then I guess its safe to lick the asphault outside… I mean maye it is? It can get really bright and hot in a parking lot… but I still wouldn’t wanna try it…

I’ve got a couple.

“Baby, I like your fuck”

I’ll never get sick of hearing that one.

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]I’ve got a couple.

“Baby, I like your fuck”

I’ll never get sick of hearing that one.[/quote]

Yep, that one’s definitely a winner.

[quote=“turkey_dinner”]I’ve got a couple.

“Baby, I like your fuck”

I’ll never get sick of hearing that one.[/quote]
Yeah, she said that to me, too. Pretty droll.

A former GF said the same thing.

I always wondered what it actually meant.

I was talking about turkey_dinner’s girlfriend Mr He. See? Like, she said she liked turkey_dinner’s fuck, so I says she said she liked mine too. The implication being that … oh, never mind. Have a banana.

It has not been said yet…but i suppose it will fit nicely into the “dubmest” things your SO said:

Me: Honey, have a good time at piano practice…I’m going to a bar tonight with two twins from Honduras…you mind?

Her: (searching for any non dull object…probably the scisors or akitchen knife)

Um, so how many Hondurans would that be? Two, right? Or, do you mean you’re going out with two pairs of twins from Honduras? These Hondurans… they’re females, right?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Um, so how many Hondurans would that be? Two, right? Or, do you mean you’re going out with two pairs of twins from Honduras? These Hondurans… they’re females, right?

:p[/quote]

female, yeah that is the idea

two twins = a pair of twins = two persons (not 4)