The effectiveness or otherwise of wearing masks

As long as meat and veggies are stocked I am sticking to being civilized.
Now, if meat and veggies start being out of stock then I will turn into Taiwanese zombie too.

烏鴉嘴 !! :rage:

2 Likes

Best off not eating that crap anyway. Not good for the immune system.

1 Like

I did’nt see any hand wash in supermarket, I think some Taiwanese finnally starting to using it.

FIFY :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Got two small ones, plus the special one I use, medicated, for my skin. half a bottle of Clorox. One month supplies of toilet paper. Found some sanitary napkins yesterday, so that makes about 4 month supply. Found alcohol today but too expensive, I´ll stay with the wipes I have. This is going to be a long spring…

Does not apply because I am not predicting but informing. Check the local news. Meipanfa!

Where did you find the ethanol and how much was it, just out of curiosity?

I’m pretty sure you can still find isopropanol* by the way. I bought three 500 mL bottles at one of the chemical stores on Tianshui Road on Saturday. Although the price had increased since the last time I bought it…from 55 TWD to 60 TWD per 500 mL bottle.

*Ethanol is supposedly slightly better for inactivating viruses, according to what I’ve read, but isopropanol should still be effective. I’ve been using it to make my own DIY hand sanitizer by just adding ca. 10% of water and a small amount of aloe vera gel.

In order to fill the gap in manpower, the Ministry of National Defense (MND) dispatched … more than 1,800 Army Reserve troops … to 28 manufacturers to help boost production

:astonished:

Good.
Otherwise, soon we’ll have to take other precautions…
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQjv7IgUYAAlu5p.jpg

2 Likes

Just in> Over 70 thousand N95 masks were caught being smuggled OUT of Taiwan from Penghu.

Hurray for our Coast Guards.

7 Likes

In a whatchamacalit store down in Chang An east road. About 50ml for 100 NTD. I did not buy it, but my coworker did.

I’m killing em viruses with steam.

1 Like

Wow. A marked reduction in mask wearers on the MRT. Over 5%, maybe close to 10%, were maskless. What happened? The let others more in need buy first movement?

1 Like

Maybe they weren’t able to buy masks or don’t have enough masks to keep wearing all the time…

I’m noticing it too.
I think as with almost anything, the novelty, urgency and fear is fading.

4 Likes

By late Feb they should just ban masks altogether except for medical purposes. People need to get on with their lives, not mope about expecting death by demon viruses.

I was in line this evening and 4 of 5 people were not wearing masks. Inside it was nearer to 20% - I’ve noticed it inside buildings as well.

Everyone back in masks this morning. I guess the jump in numbers overnight has everyone scared again.

70 thousand masks will be worth a lot internationally with inflated mask prices. There were some news covering sellers in Singapore profiteering at US$100 per box.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coronavirus-mti-demands-retailer-3-stars-explain-mask-prices-after-public-complaints