The effectiveness or otherwise of wearing masks

Just bough 150 masks, 300 NT$/box of 50 pcs.

I have paid 299, 320, 360, up to 420 for 50 Taiwan made masks.

Heads up as COSMED is selling Made in Philippines medical/surgical masks. My boss thought they were made in Taiwan as all the box print is in Chinese.

Japan Medical and COSMED are selling some very nice masks, with the box brand and instructions printed in Japanese. Those are not medical/surgical masks. It’s a blue box.

1 Like

Made in Tainan, Taiwan.

1 Like

Oh and it seems some of the latest ones have, ehem, quality issues. My classmate reported breaks on her ear straps, I suffered the same catastrophic failure recently. White ones, bought with NHI card.

1 Like

Damn, I should have bought the green ones from NHI.

I want the tiger print ones! Or the pink ones.

1 Like

Cosmed have Philippines and Taiwan , but have to check

1 Like

Yes, they have both. So check the box carefully if you only want Taiwan. Philippines should be OK. It is China the ones I am not fond of.

2 Likes

This art related images in a US website selling Taiwan made masks:

Guys, if anyone sees N95s medical grade - no valves, for example- for sale somewhere or is willing to sell theirs at a reasonable price, I am gathering some for my brother who is a doctor in the old country. He does not get enough per week.

Got a few Chinese ones, as most pharmacies I went to told me they were out of stock of Taiwan made N95s.

As he is a doctor I assume he wants it for his protection, not of his patients, correct?
If that’s the case, why not valved ones?

Saw them at B&Q and Poya, both in Sanxia BeiDa area.

Those are not medical grade N95s, those are for carpentry, painting, etc those kind of jobs.

Better be safe. You could look all right and still spread the plague.

1 Like

Well, they were N95 without valves. Not sure if there is a huge difference between medical grade and non. But at least it’s something.

1 Like

My wife buys a box of fifty every week, for NT$340. Expensive, but we’re well-stocked for the zombie apocalypse. Now I just need a shotgun.

Luckily I got a ridiculous amount of baked beans and Worchestershire sauce, in case the 7-Eleven people get their brains eaten.

5 Likes

Reminder to those ordering online, deadline is 8pm tomorrow for the next batch!

My brother. :cry:

6 Likes

哥哥加油!
What are these plastics on the masks for?