The effectiveness or otherwise of wearing masks

弟弟. No idea. I think he’s wearing the same kind of respirator I had during SARS. You can change the filter inside. But the plastic"beard" beats me.

1 Like

Maybe to prevent entry of droplets from below, while tending to patients?

Is 8pm this Wednesday!

Where are the masks? Apparently stolen by soldiers assigned in the early days of the pandemic to help boost production. WTF!

Guy

2 Likes

10 years to life in prison for like 1k-2k USD shared profit.
Not the smartest bunch.

Should be put in the same cell with those government plane cigarette smugglers.

2 Likes
1 Like

Lots of trouble with fake masks.

As per the article, how to tell if the masks are fake:

First, identify the label of the Department of Health. The outer box of medical masks will be marked with the approved number CNS14774, and the anti-mite mask is CNS18590. In addition, check whether the outer box contains the manufacturer’s name, manufacturing date, expiration date and manufacturing batch number. If there is no license number on the outer box, or if you buy bulk products on the Internet, there is a high probability of buying fake products.

1 Like

I am really sad. Medical personnel in the old country, including my brother and my cousin, get ONE N95 a WEEK. And heaven knows if it is the real thing…

They usually have a fiber filter and activated carbon inside.

Finally ladies can show off their lipstick in #2020.

4 Likes

I’ll leave this here. Good night.

3 Likes

ALERT for Xindian dwellers

Starting at 7pm, Carrefour Xindian will start selling boxes of masks at 289 NTD.

Get yours … If you can…

You seem to have posted this at 7:01pm. Did you want to make sure you got there first? Sneaky! :roll_eyes:

I assume there was a massive queue and they’d sold out by 7:05pm?

Probably. Ain’t getting into a mask shopping frenzy event. No way Jose. Ain’t happening.

I have my stash of masks. Currently working on toilet paper and soap.

2 Likes

Sheeeeeet…What’s coming at us next Icon? :neutral_face:

1 Like

I simply went to my local pharmacy and bought a couple of boxes. No lines. In fact, I was the only one in there. But, hey, if there’s queues and jostling, it’s the place to be!

2 Likes

The new craze is purple and cherry colored masks. People were lining up at POYA from midnight up to 11 am for those.

I have a box of each but bought at a local, out of the way pharmacy.

1 Like

The usual craziness. The second wave will hit more strongly psychologically. Hence, there will be panic buying.

Last warning: get your toilet paper!

:laughing: Taiwanese customs are so…quaint. Poya should throw in a 10 NT voucher for bubble tea with each box. The queues would be massive, people would bring their tents.

2 Likes

If you guys couldn’t buy the stuff in the stores, there’s always online:

Yep, that’s the price for 50 masks of a special color…

Edit

Or carry your mask like granny did her glasses. Only 1280 NTD.

1 Like