The Ekselent Thread About Ekselence Ice Cream

Remember: we created our own fun here in pandemic-era Taiwan.

Ekselence ice cream saved my sanity, if not my waistline. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Actually in summer the fresh shaved ice with fresh fruits on top, like mango or strawberries, is truly a unique, awesome, Taiwan experience.

That said, in this friggin heat, a bar of Eckselense is a joy hard to compare.

If you like salted caramel, maybe boba shaved ice is for you.

Iā€™ve tried that before at a place called Ice Monster or something. I like it, but it would be challenging to bring that home intact on a hot day (unless you live nearby).

Strangely enough, I didnā€™t quite enjoy the more famous boba brands like Xing Fu Tang or Chun Sui Tang. IMHO the Tiger Sugar Boba shops in Taipei were also a bit lacking in flavor when compared to their counterparts in Hong Kong.

Good! This may save you future grief in terms of packing on the pounds and replacing your pants.

Or so I have heard. :whistle:

Guy

I actually have the opposite problem :grin: Iā€™ve lost quite a bit of weight the past two years, and I havenā€™t bothered to replace my wardrobe, so someday if you see someone walking around in pants thatā€™s a couple of sizes too big, thatā€™s probably me. Anyway, this ice cream sounds like an Ekselent introduction to life in Taiwan, so Iā€™ll go hunt for one this coming September.

1 Like

Well, itā€™s an ekselent introduction to our relatively newfound friendship with nations in the Baltics. For this, we need to thank them. Eating this ice cream is one way to start. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

In Soviet Russia, Ekselence ice cream eats YOU!!!

Is that famous, I thought 50 seems more popular.

1 Like

Time to head down to your nearest PX Mart and stock up!

291875478_466989351929669_440945713001607849_n

5 Likes

This sale has been going on all summer, and perhaps before.

Put otherwise: these are dangerous times. :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

Nearest ATM from my bank at my work place is inside a PX Mart!
I need some cash ā€¦ oh look ice cream! :man_running:

4 Likes

One interesting thing, I looked for it super/hypermarkets in Estonia/Finland/Vilnius (LT)
where local brands seems be on sale and not much from Latvia.

3 Likes

Found a good stash in PX Mart but no discount. :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Canā€™t find them anywhere near me! Did you eat them all?!!!

The RT Mart in Xindian had them before Iā€™m quite certain.

1 Like

Have you tried the peanut butter HƤagen-Dazs?

Which flavor is best? Almond chocolate? Only $45ntd but is mini version.

3 Likes

I like coffee

1 Like

Holy crapā€¦itā€™s pretty damn sweet. Taste like it has caramel. I got the chocolate almond. I think coffee would be perfect. Rich chocolate for good price. Itā€™s pretty :+1:

1 Like

Just wish theyā€™d have a version of without the stick. I donā€™t like popsicle sticks