The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

Never mind ignore my suggestion

Because itā€™s been 9 weeks since I applied, I sent the folks at help@taiwangoldcard a message, they quickly replied. The Ministry of Culture received my application on June 30, now Iā€™ve been told they need at least (!) a month to check my application (where it will be sent to after that I have no clue).

Is anyone here aware of a prolonged process recently? I expected it to take 2 months at the most but if what Iā€™ve been told is true then it will take 3 months at least.

My timeline:
May 4: Applied
May 6: asked to provide ARC number (I forgot to add it)
May 6: Review by the National Immigration Agency
June 15: Review by the Workforce Development Agency
June 30: Consulting with Ministry of Education

1 Like

I just submited my passport today, and they gave it back right away ( after waiting over 2 weeks for my local repre office to figure out what are they suppose to do) so I will let you know when my status changes and I get the certificate

1 Like

my status was stuck on ,consulting with ministry of economic affairs, for 1 week only, than it went back to ,review by the workforce development agency, this was bout 3 weeks ago, but it might be diffrent with each ministry

Not sure if this is the right thread.
I will be going to Taiwan soon as Iā€™m about to finish the GC process, and I know I can only apply for NIH after 6 months from entering. Do I have to get travel insurance for the first 6 months or is that up to me? at my representative office, the worker just told me i can only apply after 6 months so I should take care myslef before that but didnā€™t wanna see any proof that i have travel insurance for the first 6 months. Thanks for any info :slight_smile:

Itā€˜s up to you, i.e. itā€™s not mandatory.

2 Likes

I have one more question regarding entering Taiwan on a GC visa, when I went to Taiwan in 2021 on a WH visa, I had to submit a health declaration form, do I need it this time too? Has anyone recently went to Taiwan on GC? Nobody at the representative office mentioned it and I canĀ“t find any info on the topic. Thank you :slight_smile:

Donā€™t think so.

Submited passport (Thursday july 7.) got an email that my application has been officially approved today (Monday july 11.)

2 Likes

Congrats. Do you know if people like us (approved for GC, still have yet to pick up the actual GC) are required to take the PCR test prior to flying?

1 Like

Beginning July 14th, if you have a Gold Card or Resident Authorization Certificate, you are no longer required to provide a negative RT-PCR test to enter Taiwan. However, family members who do not have an ARC must still provide a negative RT-PCR test.

2 Likes

Thanks. Makes things easier, thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

Did anyone here apply under the Science (or other) category who worked as a ā€œsimpleā€ IT administrator? What are the chances of the application getting accepted? If itā€™s an IT related job, do they need someone with a very specific expertise?

So my application under the Culture and Arts category was rejected, they said my previous work experience has to be full-time jobs and not freelance jobs. Apart from the fact that I worked full-time in film production for six years and did several freelance jobs only on the side, I donā€™t understand how the Gold Card can have such an outdated rule. How can it be especially in the Culture and Arts category that a requirement is full-time work? What about all those Youtubers, performers and others who got Gold Cards? Did anyone else here got rejected because of this full-time requirement?

@smoketail could you please send me her details too? iā€™ve only just joined this forum and donā€™t seem to be able to send DMs yet

1 Like

I have a Gold Card and want to have my Father-in-law visit us here in Taiwan. Heā€™s a US citizen. Is there a specific web portal or process Gold Card holders use for Visaā€™s and having relatives visit?

No, just send your father-in-law a copy/scan of your gold card, and heā€™ll also need to prove relationship to get a visa, which in this case I would assume means copies of your marriage certificate and your spouseā€™s birth certificate. Then he can take all that to the local TECO and should be able to apply for a visa.

1 Like

I spoke with a law firm that does GC cases yesterday and they assessed my case to be only 60% chance of getting the GC. They did mention I might be considered under special approvalā€¦ has anyone here gotten their GC under the special approval category? What goes into the consideration for such special approval categories?

A lot of those Youtubers, etc got approved under the Economic category. Supposedly back in the days, anyone applying under that category would just need to show some proof that they made a certain amount of money over the previous three years, but nowadays itā€™s not that easy.

Would it make sense to include a letter of intent for someone who wants to hire you on a project in the future? Or would the Gold Card people just say: ā€œwhy donā€™t they just hire you and you apply for a business visa?ā€