The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

There are people who obtained family based APRC that preceded the Gold Card existence.

If they do away with forced renouncing of original citizenship. Until then the Taiwanese citizenship will be an exception for most Foreign Special Professionals.
But citizenship is the ultimate goal and better than anything.

So far one is on a whim by the government for a chance to be selected for it without renouncing.

1 Like

That is a valid point. There is likely people that qualify to be a ā€œForeign Special Professionalā€ and therefore also benefits such as have their parents etc come here on a 1 year visa.
But they have already got APRC prior to the Gold Card existing and no clear path to change the type to move from a 6 year family visa to a 1 year family visa.

Iā€™m not sure either the best path to do that, I guess its a question best put to NIA or maybe others have some experience/guidence to share.

1 Like

Exactly, so I tag @fifieldt and @au if they can elaborate with Gold Card Office

That would include the chances of retaining people who qualify as Foreign Special Professional, but already have an APRC through other means. They are missing the benefits, like getting an extended visa for their elderly parents. Which might force them and their families to move back overseas to care for their parents.

1 Like

You wonā€™t qualify for the tax benefit so what is the point of doing this?

Extended visa for elderly parents in the future. No limitations staying away from Taiwan if needed without loosing APRC.

IMHO all APRCā€™s should have same conditions anyway.

Taiwanese citizenship without renouncing would be best.
But Taiwan aims to be a super-aged society without meaningful immigration.

When you go onto the 6 month job seeking ARC after holding the Gold Card, do you retain health insurance coverage?

You asked this yesterday. Same answer:

1 Like

Yes , you canā€™t opt out of nhi. If you have been here for 6 months or more , you are still eligible for nhi

I have a quick question for anyone whoā€™s already got their gold card. Were you required to provide a police clearance certificate from your home country during the application? I asked the gold card office and was told it isnā€™t necessary, but find it surprising that gold cards are being issued without any police or health checks. If it might be necessary Iā€™ll apply for a police clearance certificate in advance so as not to delay the application. Thanks!

I thought it depended on where youā€™re applying from. Arenā€™t you already in Taiwan?

man, they are the source. why would we be more trustable than them? we are dudes on the netā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be coming back to Taiwan, and I plan on applying for the gold card during the 90 day visa free period (thatā€™s why if I have to apply for police clearance certificates etc Iā€™d like to do so in advance so as not to cause unnecessary delays)

Well it might not be required according to the rules, but itā€™s possible that applicants are going to be asked for it anyway. Thatā€™s why I asked about the experience of people who have already successfully applied: if applicants are sometimes asked to provide a police clearance, even though the rules donā€™t require this, then Iā€™d better have one ready just in case :slight_smile:

You raise a good point actually, considering that APRCs require both and regular ARCs require a health certificate. But yes, neither is necessary for a Gold Card to date.

2 Likes

Good news, i reapplied under salary requirement and my gold card review is completed. Now itā€™s left with the passport check. Anyone know how long this will take?

I think because health checks may turn away qualified people. I am phobic of needles and if I were asked to do it I might not proceed with the process.

1 Like

I applied under the Field of Economy, but received a note saying that my company/industry belongs in the Field of Finance so my application should be transferred there. I do not meet the requirements under Finance. I replied with a letter saying while my company is involved in risk management/insurance brokerage services, my job and skill set are specifically in marketing consulting, which is governed by the Ministry of Economic Affairs. I havenā€™t heard back and itā€™s been a couple of weeks and Iā€™m getting worried.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Any tips or suggestions?

hi there! I am wondering, is there anyone active on this thread that has recently applied for a GC under the Field of Culture & Arts? Wondering if anyone might be able to briefly share about their experience if so.

I looked into applying in this field back in early 2021, however Iā€™m wondering now since itā€™s been 2 years if there might be any updates/changes in terms of what the reviewers are looking for and if the process for this specific field has changed. It looks like the official descriptions for qualifications are the same though.
Thanks in advance for your help!

There is currently proposed changes in the public review stage, nothing major though, some relaxations. You can feel free to leave your feedback of the Culture and Arts field categories to the Ministry.

thanks for that! and just one more question, is it still recommended or have applicants still been trying to submit with both English & Chinese versions of their materials lately to ease the reviewing process?