The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

How fast do they usually reply to emails?

I sent out one to Mr. Huang on Thursday evening asking them to attach additional documents to my application (after having submitted the update) - but still no response yet.

I have a small piece of good news to report today.

I called the NIA service line, and they said basically “don’t worry that you can’t see your new supplementary documents in the Preview tab; you will see them after you have clicked Send on your updated application.”

They were right: after I clicked Send, signed out of the portal, signed back in, and viewed my now-resubmitted application, I could see my new documents. (To avoid @jephhy’s issue, I did not re-upload any documents from my original application.)

In addition, I had changed the drop-down menu for Method of Collection from overseas card pickup to “In person (in Taiwan),” since my preference had changed after I originally submitted my application. My resubmitted application correctly displays my latest preference, which suggests that most fields can probably be changed if you are modifying your application with supplementary documents. (Certain fields, like passport expiry date and nationality, were greyed out or fixed in the system, but for most fields, the drop-down menus were still accessible.)

The fact that the Preview tab is effectively useless during the modification stage for those submitting supplementary documents, since it will only show the originally submitted application details and not reflect any updates, is … far from ideal technically, and I hope they can fix it because I was really worried that the system hadn’t actually accepted my files for upload. But at least things worked out for me this time.

I hope it’s safe to assume that if I can see the additional files on my application now, the reviewers can, too. If anyone has had issues with that, please let me know.

I received my application notice of passing the skill assessment portion and now have to get my ID/Passport verified at the Taiwan Mission here in Korea.

The problem is, the mission has no idea what the heck the Employment Gold Card is and has no idea why I’m an American and I want to get my US passport verified there. I emailed them the passport submission document. They still have not responded yet. also calledthe Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan, they also didn’t know what the Gold Card is, :rofl:

Has anyone encountered this before?

2 Likes

Just print the passport submission and go there. They hopefully can verify it straightaway.

Ah thank you.

Do you know if this is something can verify on-site? Or do they collect my passport and mail it to Taiwan or something? I am weary of giving up my passport considering no one even knows what the darn Gold Card is here.

Ah thank you.

Do you know if this is something can verify on-site? Or do they collect my passport and mail it to Taiwan or something? I am weary of giving up my passport considering no one even knows what the darn Gold Card is here.

I did the passport verification in Singapore, and as I explained previously, it was a 20-25 seconds process.
I gave my passport, they check the number and the picture, give it back to me.
End of it.

1 Like

Thank you!

In 2018, this was quite common, but it’s fairly rare these days. Frustrating! I checked with NDC that there have been more than a few people getting gold cards via that TECO, so it should have been solved by now.

Question - when making your application, was the passport submission location set to Korea? Or did it change during the application?

Also, what was the MOFA number you called?

If you want another number to try, see the entry for MOFA under “Employment Gold Card Permits for Foreign Special Professionals” on the official contact list.

Keep us posted.

I applied for my Gold Card (under “economy”) on June 25th. On July 22nd they contacted me via a phone call and asked me to email some further proof of my income and tax records. I sent everything on the same day. I didn’t receive any reply.

Today I went to NIA to change the address on my ARC (as I moved recently). They then told me that they will not issue a new ARC for me because, quote: “You will get your Gold Card before the new ARC arrives”. The online application status still says “Professional Review by Workforce Development Agency,” though. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Good question! In the download related to Economics, it shows:

“Proof of work experience of for at least eight years in relevant fields.”

• is that just proof of income for that period of time in a related business?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. the MOFA in Taiwan had someone, that handles communication with the “Asia” missions, reach out to the Mission in Korea to get things going. I just think the person that answered the phone when I called didn’t know what was going on.

Yes, when I made my application, the passport submission location was set to Korea. The MOFA number I originally called was +886 2 2348 299

Yesterday I received a call from the Taiwan Mission in Korea, letting me know that they’ll call me today to have me come in and do the ID verification. Hope it all goes smoothly!

Just curious: Since this Covid situation began, has anyone entered Taiwan from overseas, with the “Resident Authorization Form”, to collect your Gold card in Taiwan (after quarantine)?

I selected pickup of my Gold card to be done inside Taiwan, even though I’m in Korea right now. I am just hoping there is no issues with immigration/airlines regarding this resident authorization form as far as entering Taiwan.

Because if there is, it might make more sense to ask my Gold Card be mailed to me here in Korea, versus the pickup in Taiwan. Though it would be much easier to not deal with snail mail and use the resident authorization form, if there is no issue!

Thanks in advance!

there have been several data points in this thread about people doing that successfully, but there were nervous moments too because it seems there’s been some misinformation from the airlines on that front.

2 Likes

I have contacted NIA and EVA Air.
The PDF is absolutely alright, and no COVID-19 test needed.

1 Like

I have only provided proof of income for the last 3 years.
They did not even asked me for a resume or anything as such.

1 Like

I flew from Amsterdam last week and they were extremely careful at check-in to examine the paperwork, checking entry visa codes, covid-test certificate etc. I did not actually show the gold card pdf because I travelled with family member and I preferred to both show the same “special entry permit for covid-19 outbreak” - it seemed they were only really satisfied once I had pointed out that text appearing on the visa sticker in my passport. On the other hand, it was not a direct flight (KLM suspended those months ago) so I guess they were unfamiliar with current regulations.
I did however show the pdf at the passport check on border entry in Taipei, where it was recognized and I was informed of the address to visit to register within 30 days.

3 Likes

Interesting and good to know… wonder why they stated 8yrs, did you provide a resume/CV that shows a work history?

No, zero.
Only tax statements of previous 3 years (actually 2 and half).

Just dropped off my passport at LA TECO for verification. I was hoping for an experience like those who mentioned it was just a quick check and good to go. The person who helped me was very friendly but was not sure how to do the verification or how long it would take. Fingers crossed it won’t take too long…