The EZ WAY app is a pile of steaming dog turd

I’ve just re-registered because I switched from a gold card to an APRC and the old ARC number to the new ARC number earlier this year and wanted to get any annoying issues out of the way before I actually wanted to import something. I first e-mailed Trade-Van to ask them to update everything, but they said that ID numbers aren’t editable and I need to create a new account. Some clarifications based on what happened with me:

I didn’t need to do this - just logged out and immediately re-registered. Trade-Van said in their e-mail that using the same phone number and e-mail address as the old account wasn’t an issue, and indeed it wasn’t.

I received an e-mail immediately after saying that the old account had now been deactivated because of the duplicated phone number.

They’ve always been surprisingly quick to respond to me by e-mail, and they were today (it took them about 90 min). I’m able to take screenshots no problem, and as far as I remember that’s always been the case (on Android).

Yeah, this is ridiculously vague. My previous password was lower-case letters and a couple of digits (around 14 characters in total), and it seems they’ve changed the requirements at some point. This time, I had to make a couple of letters upper case and add a symbol to successfully register.

As an aside, I was able to complete the real-name authentication using a Chinese name that’s not on my APRC. EZWay previously manually added “安德魯” (“An-De-Lu”) to my profile because of a problem I was having with Shopee, so I just wrote that again in the Chinese name field this time and it went through without issue. :man_shrugging:

1 Like