The EZ WAY app is a pile of steaming dog turd

May I know what criteria they’re asking for when choosing passwords?

It’s nothing abnormal - mine is just some lower-case letters and a couple of numbers. Didn’t have any issues.

2 Likes

Mine was too when I signed up a few years back. But IIRC, many apps & websites have strengthened their criteria when choosing passwords to include Upper&Lower case with alphanumeric characters in addition to including a symbol ( e.g: $%&. ). Maybe @JumpingThruHoops could try using what I suggested and hope it works?

2 Likes

I had this problem also, it asks for a symbol but is picky about which one it will accept, l had to keep changing until I found one that worked…

Pity you can’t give things minus ratings on the App Store.

1 Like

You’re right! The Email service I’m currently using asks us to choose a symbol, not any symbol but a “Period”. I wrote down my password on a piece of paper and also on Notepad but forgot to include the “period”. When I reinstalled Windows and tried setting up Outlook, it didn’t accept the password cos I didn’t put that tiny little dot. Had to call customer service and they reminded me passwords must include a symbol! :rage:

1 Like

This is an insult to actual horse shit.

3 Likes

Aa-Zz,0-9,and symbols (8-30 characters)

I’ve tried at least 50 different passwords following this criteria. Everything gets rejected. My 10 year old daughter recently started learning coding. I bet she could create a better app than this.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the typical criteria all apps and websites asks for nowadays.
It sucks you’re having such a hard time just trying to sign up. Maybe you can try shooting them an email to complain & hopefully they respond. Fortunately, I don’t use this app much nowadays as I rarely purchase from China/Overseas. The last time I remember buying something from China, Shopee automatically did all the EZ Way stuff for me as they had my info in their system.

You can try one more method I’ve used successfully in the past on one app which refused to accept either my username or password. Change your Phone’s system language to Chinese Traditional and open the app and try registering. It might or might not work but it’s worth a try, you got nothing to lose. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I never signed up.

I go and fill the piece of paper, sign it and my package comes through.

1 Like

I emailed then, told them everything I’ve stated here, and they replied with an autogenerated response that stated to create a new username and password with said criteria. Basically getting me to continue running in circles.
I just want to buy from iHerb. I need a supplement that prevents my Cluster attacks. It’s not available in TW. So far this new ID numbering system has only caused me problems. No benefits.

I do what Marco does. Once the order is shipped, the iHerb courier sends me a message about providing a POA and ID, which can be done via their website. It’s fast and easy.

1 Like

… except your patience and possibly your sanity.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help everyone. I got it sorted out. I had to wait 3 days for the old account to be permanently deleted. Not sure why they can’t delete it immediately. Once it was gone, I could proceed past the password step because my phone number was no longer tied to the old account.
I got no help from them through email, at all. Just autogenerated responses and asking me to take screenshots. When I tried to take a screenshot of the password step, the app said “this app does not allow screenshots”. They don’t even know how their app works. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I’ve just re-registered because I switched from a gold card to an APRC and the old ARC number to the new ARC number earlier this year and wanted to get any annoying issues out of the way before I actually wanted to import something. I first e-mailed Trade-Van to ask them to update everything, but they said that ID numbers aren’t editable and I need to create a new account. Some clarifications based on what happened with me:

I didn’t need to do this - just logged out and immediately re-registered. Trade-Van said in their e-mail that using the same phone number and e-mail address as the old account wasn’t an issue, and indeed it wasn’t.

I received an e-mail immediately after saying that the old account had now been deactivated because of the duplicated phone number.

They’ve always been surprisingly quick to respond to me by e-mail, and they were today (it took them about 90 min). I’m able to take screenshots no problem, and as far as I remember that’s always been the case (on Android).

Yeah, this is ridiculously vague. My previous password was lower-case letters and a couple of digits (around 14 characters in total), and it seems they’ve changed the requirements at some point. This time, I had to make a couple of letters upper case and add a symbol to successfully register.

As an aside, I was able to complete the real-name authentication using a Chinese name that’s not on my APRC. EZWay previously manually added “安德魯” (“An-De-Lu”) to my profile because of a problem I was having with Shopee, so I just wrote that again in the Chinese name field this time and it went through without issue. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I can take screenshots on other pages within the app, but it doesn’t allow screenshots from the set password page. I also use Android.
They didn’t say anything to me in our emails about “using the same phone number and e-mail address as the old account wasn’t an issue.” Their first few replies were just autogenerated ones. Maybe you were polite to them, so they responded accordingly. I was the opposite of polite, that’s probably why they offered little help. Anyway, I figured it out myself and have a new functional account now, so all is well that ends well.

Yeah, I was, always am. :whistle:

It’s often a good strategy if the goal is to get something fixed. If you start out by being rude to them, can’t really blame 'em for not wanting to help IMO.

2 Likes

So, I haven’t ordered anything from iHerb in probably three years–not since the last time I bought this same giant package of taco seasoning–and after reading all these import form horror stories I was pretty wary.

However, it ended up going well for me. First, the text message I got sent me to a site called ACS; I guess that’s not EZway?

The online form accepted my old APRC number without a problem (yay!) but apparently you do need to provide a Chinese name (which I have but I bet you could stick anything in there). Also had to upload pics of my ID.

Anyway, these kind of things often are a headache for me so I’m glad this time it went smoothly.

1 Like

My only gripes are: portrait-only orientation, terrible uninflected English where it is not clear if imperative, present tense or past tense, and graphics from the last century.

I have had to create a new account due to ARC nimber change, but that was an easy email message fix.

1 Like

You never go Thailand? I get used to it there.

1 Like

I guess making peace with ambiguous meaning is par for the course in this neck of the woods :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like