The EZ WAY app is a pile of steaming dog turd

Ever since it was introduced it’s made ordering stuff from overseas an absolute nightmare for foreigners living here, and it hasn’t got any better.

From Taobao to Alibaba and countless other websites, I’ve spent hours on customer services lines over the past year trying to get products sent here.

Often I’ve been told flat out - “sorry can’t send to foreigners in Taiwan”, or something along the lines of “we can’t detect your ID number from EZway app,” then had to argue my case with them or go back and forth.

The latest one I’ve had a problem with is now Shopee. I need to update my Ezway info on their site before I can get my order that’s stuck in customs. Only problem is they don’t allow you to write English names - only Chinese. The response from Shopee’s customer service is “sorry if you don’t have a Chinese name then you won’t receive the product”.

A lot of websites have poor integration with the Ezway app for foreigners, but this all stems from the problem of Ezway, and just how crap it is. Surely they can do something to fix it so us waigouren don’t have to tear our hair out every time we buy online?

7 Likes

Usually turd implies just one, not a pile, and possibly kinda dried up a bit, not steaming. At the very least to be a pile it would need to be turds (plural), and not likely to be steaming in that state. I have no idea what this app is or what you’re saying about it, but you need to start with a more stable premise.

3 Likes

Welcome to the suck!

1 Like

I’ve almost given up on ordering stuff from abroad because 50% of the time there’s some stupid problem with shipping or customs clearance, and often that’s something to do with me being a foreigner. If it’s something I really need then I get a Taiwanese person to do it for me, and it magically sails through.

Neither I nor anyone I know has ever attempted to use Ezway, although there seems to be unanimous agreement that you can waste a lot of your life-hours wrestling with it before you find out that it doesn’t even work.

5 Likes

I’m so glad I have a Chinese name. Maybe enquirer about registering a Chinese name for yourself and getting it added to your IDs?

1 Like

I find if you ignore it things often just magically sail through all by themselves.

I registered with it recently, didn’t have any issues.

3 Likes

Really this should all just be tagged on to the existing thread - which is already full of comments on the quality of the app.

3 Likes

This is my approach.

2 Likes

I feel like I had to do something in the system where I identified shippers I use (maybe USPS, UPS, etc.) but then since then it’s been fine. Spouse orders a ton of stuff off of Amazon. Maybe once a package got returned before getting to us.

Shopee has its own problems and I think often to get stuff from China maybe you need to pay with credit card and use black cat, which I don’t do (I just order stuff that can ship to 711).

I also have started using buyandship, but it is pretty slow and would be a bad choice for heavy things. I’m also not sure they do food, etc.

The two times I needed it I just waited an extra few days and paid the taxes in cash on delivery. The app is worthless. There’s always some point where you need to do something, like copy a four digit code, but it only lets you see the first number. I make sure everything is sent via post now. If it’s in the post office mail, it’s a lot less likely to be pulled aside for inspection and therefore no app to deal with

2 Likes

Hi @miamidice .

I feel your pain. Had the same issue myself. There is a way around the Shopee/Chinese name situation.

Discussed it over on this thread:

“EZ Way App - Customs information”

Nov 2021

EZway + Shopee + 7-11 + Cash On Delivery
1 Like

Steaming pile of shit…like a Schaub comedy special.
Has EZ Way every actually worked as intended? Been getting issues related to having to pay import fees. Usually they are on Amazon orders so I don’t get it. But I feel your pain.

Previously I’ve just ignored the EZway notifications, and items were delivered anyway.

For my latest order with Amazon there was no EZway contact. According to online tracking the item cleared customs immediately. Maybe because Amazon takes import fees at checkout?

Can’t say I’ve had any issues with the EZway app. I used it to get some items shipped from China thru Shopee. Pretty straightforward imho.

Hi. Just want to update the thread and let everyone know:

The pile is still steaming!

Having my first experience with EZWay. It is beyond horrible. It started with an SMS out of the blue telling me that an Amazon package was incoming, which I knew, and a directive to go download the EZWay app, register with ID, etc. Did all of that and it says it confirmed my identity (I guess). In any case, now it just sends me seemingly random SMS or app messages telling me to do things in the app that are impossible. For example, there is nothing in the app to confirm or view (no package).

Anyone know what part of which government agency here is responsible for this EZWay disaster?

6 Likes

The staff who deal with emails are actually pretty helpful, even in English. I’m not even joking - they helped me out quite a bit when I was having a stupid Taiwan problem with Shopee. I even got emails from them at like 11pm or something.

Maybe you should write to them.

3 Likes

A shit Taiwanese app? That’s weird.

4 Likes

That might be useful. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’d still like to know, beyond the app developers and the company contracted to run this – TradeVan – who in the government oversees it. Likely whoever oversees Customs.

I now have a problem with eazyway Chinese name no problem I gave seller my name address in Chinese.

Custom msg me you need to download Eazyway app so I do follow instructions to the letter. Scanned my ARC only one I have ever had. Issued in May2022 phone number new in May 2022 email address I only use for eBay. Never signed up for eazyway before.
And I get this

Suggest just e-mailing them. They’ve always been quick to respond with me.