The EZ WAY app is a pile of steaming dog turd

I tried on the phone they say the same, they didn’t email, I received txt msg. How to email from website is a convoluted nightmare.
Parcel can be returned, to much time wasted already.

Huh? So just e-mail them then?

No idea why you’d need to “email from website”, whatever that means. The e-mail address is ezway@tradevan.com.tw.

1 Like

I registered and never had any issues with this app. I receive the notifications when the real name ID verification is needed, I log in and do the thing. Never missed a shipment, received already from multiple countries over a number of times last year.

Maybe is luck, but can’t say it doesn’t work. Is it necessary? probably not…

They didn’t email me so I don’t know email.
Thanks for one you’ve posted I will try.that.

I’m starting to think part fault of seller in US, they didn’t know how to do and kept asking me for more details ie: Chinese name, phone number, address in Chinese but not email.
I tried verification from website but wouldn’t accept eBay good being delivered receipt that has tracking number.
Seller possibly needs to send me more.
I’m going to try email @Andrew posted.

Yes got a reply using that address, getting somewhere.
Thanks Andrew

1 Like

Seems they answered you pretty fast too, as they’ve done with me in the past (even after contacting them at weird hours).

Now they say someone is using my name so create another account!! I tried create an account.
My first attempt I changed username: tried again no joy. Changed email as well no joy. Changed password no joy.
Weird.

My 2cts, I have had same name mismatch issues before. I do not order from abroad if I can help it. What a f*kin piece of shit. These kinds of things make me furious. I would gladly beat on the people behind Ezway.

Finally got a new account set up, says I don’t have a parcel in past 7 days tho I received a txt msg 3 days ago saying I had.
Given up on contacting Ezway, seller says it’s ok? So package going to be returned I guess.
Not important item but refund will be!

I’ve had that for three days now.
They texted me to say I need an Ezway account. They then called me three times saying I had not. This was all done in Chinese because the lady at Ezway could not speak one , not one word of English . :rofl: She didn’t even know how to say “Amazon” in English.WTF!

Let’s change its name to Difficultway

Anyone know how to complain about the Taiwan office and to who. My phone is on “Record all calls” so I guess was recorded.

1 Like

I had to change my APRC ID number so … can I just create new EZWay / Shopee accounts to solve this problem?

Can Ezway use Chinese name? Or can Shopee use English name?

Have you tried calling the number here:
https://web.customs.gov.tw/singlehtml/3150?cntId=cus1_3150_3150_1472

I complained before to them about the app.

Also, you don’t need the app. Just tell the courier you can’t use the app because you can’t create an account. They will provide the forms you need.

2 Likes

Suggest emailing them instead. I’ve always gotten responses in pretty good English, and surprisingly fast too (even when emailing them at weird times outside working hours).

You can update it on Shopee, it’s a bit annoying though and you need to contact customer service. If you have money in your Shopee Wallet, you should withdraw that before you update your bank accounts (this was the biggest problem for me). You don’t need to create new accounts.

Chinese and English both fine.

Err…kind of. You can use an English name on Shopee for the ID verification but can’t link that to an EZWay profile with an English name. I have a thread complaining about this issue:

3 Likes

I think I am just going to set up new accounts and move on for both Ezway and Shopee (using new APRC ID). So if I use Chinese for both I should be good?

1 Like

I think the issue comes with not being a le to have a Chinese and English name. If you order let’s say of Amazon with an English name , but your EZway is under a Chinese name, well good luck with that. They told me that this was not the issue …but I think it is , as my package is still stuck.

I think you can have both Chinese and English names on your EZWay profile. Actually, I have both on mine - my actual name and a Chinese name that isn’t mine and isn’t on my ARC, which EZWay added anyway after Shopee wouldn’t fix the problem (either out of sympathy or because they were sick of hearing from me).

2 Likes

Ok it came in ten minutes ago. I got mad at them on the phone today. I kept my cool for two days of phone calls then lost it, after which I get my package. So I think you might be right. I’m not one for losing my cool with front desk staff but on the rare occasion I have it seems to get results.

1 Like

So far I have received all packages without issues. Never registered for EzWay.
This week I was expecting two packages. One was 15k worth (Google from HK) and the other 8k (Amazon US). Both sender notified me that I need to register for EzWay to avoid customs delays. I have heard bad things about it, so I ignored that. Yesterday both packages arrived one day earlier than expected. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I didn’t have to use it when I ordered from Google either. I assumed it was something to do with a special arrangement like the stuff being sent from a bonded warehouse, but I wasn’t sure.