The FISA scandal thread

…in The Resistance!

1 Like

More from Trump’s inside leakerman.

And some biased writing, but factual evidence on how the big three in scumbaggery:

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, and CIA Director John Brennan — all set Trump up. They briefed him on the phony dossier for no other reason than it allowed them to leak the news of the briefing to Tapper … who would then go on to dutifully bend over and bark like the lying dog he is.

Again…for me…this is old news. Lee Smith’s book made all this clear way back when.

Tapper should be brought before a Senate Committee…just for fun.

1 Like

Not that I agree with it, but FOX Business has been screeeeeming for two things every single day during the quarantine: Gina and the FISA Scandal.

Maria Whatsherface grilled LG in why hasn’t anyone been subpoenaed…maybe two weeks ago.

How’s that for driving the narrative? That’s a big vote…in the Senate, which matters. No wonder the Dems want to bring back Impeachment. Ha!

Lindsey Graham won’t do shit. Ohhh, he’s going to look into the Ukraine mess, he’s going to get to the bottom of this and that.

He was joined at the waist to John McCain who was the person distributing the Steele dossier to anyone that would listen.

Might as well have put Mitt Romney in charge of things. I think they are worried Obama’s legacy is going to be torn to shreds when it comes out they targeted him with intelligence since early 2014. The revelation they went after him for a Logan Act violation might be legal but completely unethical.

We shall see. Now the GOP has their very own whistleblower.

Complaint filed with Treasury Inspector General

In March 2017, she filed a formal whistleblower complaint with Acting Treasury Inspector General Richard K. Delmar, who continues in that office today, she said. Beyond Delmar acknowledging receipt of the complaint, the inspector general never followed up on the matter.

This formal complaint was a follow-up to an August 2016 notification to Delmar that did not meet the full requirements of formal complaint, but it provided Delmar with the details of Treasury’s surveillance of Flynn, she said.

The whistleblower filed a subsequent complaint with the Office of Special Counsel May 2017, which is the permanent office established to work with whistleblowers and is not related to Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

This surveillance program was run out of Treasury’s Office of Intelligence Analysis, which was then under the leadership of S. Leslie Ireland. Ireland came to OIA in 2010 after a long tenure at the Central Intelligence Agency and a one-year stint as Obama’s daily in-person intelligence briefer.

The whistleblower said Treasury should never have been part of the unmasking of Flynn, because its surveillance operation was off-the-books. That is to say, the Justice Department never gave the required approval to the Treasury program, and so there were no guidelines, approvals nor reports that would be associated with a DOJ-sanctioned domestic surveillance operation.

I saw that, in fact there have been many whistle blowers who have resulted in their lives being trashed, Edward Snowden , Juilian Assange and more.

The only reason they now more align right is there is no place for them on the left, which they tend to incline towards.

Yet they hoist the whistle blower in the Ukraine scandal as if he were a saint.

The GOP didn’t really care when the House impeached Trump. The Senate on the other hand will. My guess is the speed and reach of the “fact finding” will accelerate dramatically.

Yeah ok, I can really see Lindsey Graham getting to the bottom of the Ukraine mess.

Is that Klobuchar?

Maybe this’ll make you feel better:

The GOP led Senate is not going to go quietly…it seems. About f’n time they woke up.

A nice account of the Flynn debacle.

2 Likes
1 Like

Wasn’t easy, but I made it all the way through Stephens’ multiple bows to NYT’s Dem readers - shit he has to say if he wants them to read the final two paragraphs.

We’ll see how far this goes. My guess is this is nothing but CYA for the NYT.

That’s what I was thinking. They don’t want to be on the wrong side of this when the shit hits the fan. Still, it seems like a recognition.

1 Like

Last time we saw Rod, he was securely in his place. Wonder what’s on his mind now.

How about that. The progressive wing is “out there” on some issues, but on others strangely I am in agreement. Since Im from the UK, the Government there pretty much does whatever it likes, but in principle they shouldn’t be spying on everyone whenever they feel like it.

2 Likes

She’s on the right side of this issue at least. That law should never have been passed in the first place.

1 Like

Now we know the truth:

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1266493269174824962

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/29/politics/flynn-kislyak-transcripts-sent-to-congress/index.html

The call summaries show that Flynn discussed in detail Russia’s response to the Obama administration’s sanctions. He later lied about doing so to senior Trump administration officials and the FBI. Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak are at the heart of the controversy surrounding Flynn’s guilty plea for lying to the FBI secured by former special counsel Robert Mueller’s team in 2017, which Attorney General William Barr moved to dismiss earlier this month.

According to the transcripts, court filings from Flynn’s guilty plea and the Mueller report, Flynn had asked Russia to not respond too harshly to US sanctions put in place by the Obama administration in response to Russian interference in the election. He also told the Russian ambassador the incoming Trump administration would oppose a resolution about Israeli settlements – a stance at odds with the Obama administration. Flynn asked for Russia to vote against or delay the resolution.

At very least, the call transcripts make clear that Flynn intentionally asked Kislyak for certain foreign policy responses as the Trump transition prepared to take over relations with Russia. The directness of his requests of Russia make it unlikely Flynn would have outright forgotten what had happened on the calls.

The Mueller investigation found that Flynn had made the requests at the direction of senior members of the Trump transition, who sought to undermine the approach of the sitting Obama administration and work outside of the official State Department channels.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/06/03/rosenstein_says_he_wouldnt_approve_fisa_warrant_on_carter_page_now_143362.html

Rod, still a bitch.

Bringing out Rod first was a great move.

Or…just a little

3 Likes

They don’t want to be tracked…I wonder why…