The FISA scandal thread

For what it’s worth, I’m liking this Richard Granell guy, DNI and just handed DOJ a bunch of documents related to unmasking.

I like declassification, bring on the sunlight, even as the likes of Schiff want the darkness of the rock he hides under. Maybe he can declassify some other stuff too. I know people have already created bucket lists of items they want declassified.

Just, one bucket at a time and give everyone time to digest it.

There’s a very boring thread I started about them. They are long reads.

I have read them. Just didn’t chime in yet. The 53 transcripts by the way, there is one in which Sally Yates testifies she got a detailed read out of the Flynn interview the next day.

That’s the 302 they have been complaining went missing since forever. But Schiff was holding up release of the transcripts, Sidney Powell was arguing Schiff was essentially obstructing justice. (Withholding of Brady information)

I see a lot of bad stuff coming Adam Schiff’s way. So sad.

Liar liar…

1 Like

I want to respond, but I can honestly say I read nothing where “he” is the source material.

He is a bridge. To what? Where?

Ask the Dems 3 TRILLION dollar economic plan.

He may have been in the room, but was he… you know… there?

Unmasking is justified for national security reasons but is governed by strict rules across the U.S. intelligence apparatus that make it illegal to pursue for political reasons or to leak classified information generated by the process .

Whoops. That plan didn’t work out very well.

Ole Joe turning into Sgt. Schultz

Deep state goes all the way back to watergate prosecutors, how bout them apples.

It all started with Lincoln, stay tuned. :sweat_smile:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/497496-watergate-prosecutors-call-on-judge-flynn-case

Sixteen former Watergate prosecutors have asked a judge for permission to weigh in on the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) move to drop charges against President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

The former prosecutors said that given the DOJ’s decision to dismiss Flynn’s criminal prosecution — despite his prior guilty pleas — the department cannot be counted on to give the court a fair and complete presentation of the issues raised by the move, according to a motion filed Monday and first obtained by CNN as well as by The Hill.

“The Court will not receive a full, fair, and adverse presentation of these issues from the parties in light of the government’s change in position,” wrote the former prosecutors, who argue that the court would benefit from hearing their unique perspective on the prosecution of high-level government officials.

The former prosecutors compared the case to Watergate, the criminal investigation that led to President Nixon’s resignation.

"The parallels and the contrasts between the Watergate affair and the present situation now before this Court make manifest that (we) have a direct and substantial interest in the proper disposition of the pending Motion directed by the incumbent Attorney General to protect a close ally of the President,” the prosecutors wrote in their statement of interest to the court.

1 Like

Bunch of idiots, they are calling for accountability at a time there is massive declassification. Even if the judge is 100% on the side of the Democrats, this game is over. The best they can do is buy some time and perhaps a little political leverage at worst this blows up in their faces.

1 Like

They released all the names? Wow, gotta go on CNN to find the latest and reliable reporting on this scandal:

Oh well, I guess it wasn’t that important.

1 Like

What happened to Elon Musk? :grin:

He grew a pair?

The irony here being that the Fusion GPS boys came from…the WSJ.

The company was co-founded in 2011 by Glenn R. Simpson, a former investigative reporter and journalist for Roll Call and The Wall Street Journal ; Peter Fritsch, former Wall Street Journal senior editor; and former Wall Street Journal journalist Thomas Catan.[3]

http://archive.is/cJGyy

More Than One Dozen Obama Officials Requested ‘Unmasking’ That Revealed Michael Flynn in Intelligence Reports

The list includes administration Vice President Joe Biden and CIA Director John Brennan

1 Like

I sent that article to a friend yesterday.

Basically, “we thought Elon was a leftie and on ‘our side’ but he’s showed his terrible right-wing tendencies”.

1 Like

Anybody who has paid attention to this in the least would have predicted that Brennan was involved. I would have bet on it. If Biden says he doesn’t remember what was happening, I believe him as I don’t know that Old Joe remembers what he had for breakfast yesterday. However, though we know that Obama knew of the operation (from Strzok emails) I am sort of surprised they didn’t take steps to shelter him a bit better - it appears that everybody in the administration was either directly involved or knew what was going on.

Yep, the CIA fingerprints are all over this, the FBI (useful idiots) initially opened an investigation into Papadopoulos, Carter Page and Paul Manafort. But NOT Mike Flynn.

That’s the one person they really wanted an investigation into. So what happened? The next day Mike Flynn’s name appears in the Steele dossier AND Stefan Halper “serendipitously” turns up on their doorstep. They open an investigation on Flynn a few days later.

It’s transparently obvious whats going on.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/devin-nunes-criminal-referrals-coming-for-mueller-team?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

My God. They’re going after the people who were looking for the truth. This is setting a dangerous precedent. “If you investigate people for something you know they didn’t do and using made up evidence, you may receive criminal charges”. Is this what Trump’s America looks like?
Terrifying.

That part is under debate. Were they really? That’s not what Lee Smith’s book states. Nunes is a big part of that book.

Drain the Swamp, dude. Drain it hard. This is what people paid for. Dems will regret not just giving Trump his stoopid inefficient largely symbolic wall and letting him coast through one term. But no, they made him mad and did bad bad things…to people…good people…heroes…35 years in the military…the US military…not Russia…fake news…

I mean, the script for the Summer Season writes itself.

I’m stoked. I read the book. Then Mueller and the FBI and the spy people released their findings and they matched. It was like watching your kid make the last winning foul shot of a junior high BB game.

“I knew that was gonna happen!” :cowboy_hat_face:

Well, not really, they were trying to fabricate a truth they could use for political control . That’s not really under debate, they essentially admitted doing it. But many people will keep defending their actions because they were trying to damage the Trump administration, so everything is fair.