The Forumosan Recipe Thread

Oh yeah, I also boiled the pasta with chicken broth to add more flavor.

1 Like

Just read that adding breadcrumbs adds something special.

Very “carby”. Need a big salad to go with it or some friends to help you.

I ate most of it haha

1 Like

Just made.a batch of Pesto. No pine nuts here so it is;
That stainless basin full of basin leaves.
A handful each of walnuts and grated Parmesan cheese.
5 cloves of garlic.
Salt.
1 cup of “extra virgin” olive oil.
Blend it
Freeze it
Put it on pasta with a grating of nutmeg, a grinding of pepper and a squeeze of lemon.

7 Likes

Guava candy, mac and cheese and pesto…god damn. I just ate a cheese sandwich, microwaved, from 7. Feeling super hungry now :frowning:

Brunch this morning. Apple crepes with caramel sauce.

6 Likes

Cooked up a steak With a side of asparagus today. I’m doing a low carb diet.

I take the steak out for 15min before cooking so the center isn’t cold burning the outside when cooking. Rubbed it with butter and seasoned some salt and pepper rubbing it into the meat.

Put it on a hot pan, I put just a little bit of olive oil on the pan just in case. Put some garlic and cooled it with butter. Added some thyme and rosemary along with peppercorn.

I also love this BBQ sauce with my meat.

2 Likes

This is the Italian version of fish sauce I was talking about.

1 Like

So is this sold in stores?

I haven’t seen it. I think only some places.

1 Like

Made some soft shell tacos.

3 Likes

A novel concept.

I was using up the bits from the block of Costco parmesan block and made some bagels. Lots of steps but quite simple. These bagels are about 80 grams each so smaller than the Einstein’s. Overnight New York Style Bagels - Baking Sense®

9 Likes

Don’t know if you are familiar with this, but it’s very popular in the states. Folks use on bagels for seasoning.

2 Likes

I like everything bagels. Close tie between those and the sesame bagels. I should get my better half to pick me up a jar at Trader Joe’s before his trip…

1 Like

Put some lamb in the oven

3 Likes

Where do you buy a lamb roast? Costco has lamb but it is already cut into pieces.

I’m not sure about Taiwan. But it’s fairly easy to find here in Italy.

Are you gloating??? They think I’m crazy at the morning market when I buy a roast and don’t want it cut into tiny bits because the chopping service is free… I think they butcher the pigs differently here. I can’t buy a bone-in Boston Butt roast even if I ask ahead of time.

1 Like