The Forumosan Recipe Thread

Today I made some azuki refritos. They are delicious, but I realized that photographing refritos is time wasted. The results always look like crap :rofl:

5 Likes

Ground up some Italian sausages and put some Parmesan and other spice together. Covered with with bread crumbs and put it in the oven.

3 Likes

Spicy refritos and cheese grilled in sourdough. Hits the spot.

4 Likes

Best version of scrambled eggs I’ve made.

2 Likes

Made some pizza from scratch.

7 Likes

My favorite dish in Taiwan is probably san bei ji. San bei anything, really; I’ve also had three cup pork, frog, and snake–all were delicious.

Tonight I made it myself from a recipe that a student gave me. It turned out great! It was so authentic tasting that I felt like washing my pots and pans next to the curb :wink: :yum:

7 Likes

That does look good. Recipe?

I used:

4 chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 cup sliced ginger
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped red chili peppers
1 cup Chinese basil
1 sliced green onion
3 Tbsp dark sesame oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp spicy soybean paste
2 Tbsp black vinegar (烏醋)
2 Tbsp rice wine
1 Tbsp sugar

Sauté the chicken in a little oil until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Sauté the ginger, garlic, and chili peppers until fragrant. Return the cooked chicken to the pan. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, spicy soybean paste, black vinegar, rice wine, and sugar. Cook while turning up the heat to reduce the liquid somewhat. Stir in the green onion and Chinese basil and cook a little more until the flavors are blended. 好吃啊!

5 Likes

Thats a lot of ingredients, I thought there are 3 cups of ingredients you need only. Hence the name.

That’s what I thought as well. This particular recipe my student got from her cooking teacher, so I guess it might have been jazzed up. It tasted just like I’ve had in restaurants, though.

1 Like

It looks amazing though. I’m really missing The food in Taiwan.

1 Like

I like going to Fa Xian up in Zhuzihu for the San bei yams, among other things

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

Looks better than the one I got from NYTs.

1 Like

Carnivore is the most delicious diet ever.

6 Likes

Stir fried bat wings for lunch

ok… purple cabbage with minced beef and chilis

2 Likes

Some nice ribs in the wood oven

4 Likes

One of the simple culinary pleasures I hope to replicate some time is getting a Roti John at the Kampong Glam Cafe in Singapore. Not happening soon so I will try this tomorrow, just got some rolls at Carrefour

2 Likes

I never seen this before in Malaysia. Is it regional or did I just miss it?

I only noticed it in Singapore, but I haven’t spent too much time in Malaysia.

1 Like