The Forumosan Recipe Thread

I learned the terminology today as well because in the US we always call it Shepherd’s Pie but never use lamb.

I love calzone but never considered making it myself. I’ll check out the recipe.

Exactly, since I live alone these dishes last me a good 3-4 meals or more.

1 Like

Yeah I thought my mom made shepherds pie reasonably often when I was a kid but now I suspect it was always cottage pie. She grew up in England: she should know better!

It’s an interesting calzone: a friggin big 12” pie, served in wedges. I love it but have almost no calzone history to compare it to.

Oh for what it’s worth there are a bunch of different polenta or cornmeal casseroles out there, tamale pie for example. I generally prefer those to any mashed potato toppings I’ve tried, but I’ve never made any mashed potato ones myself. I need to give it a shot.

Tonight I made Creamy Vegan Ramen for the first time, and it was soooo delicious! I’m not a big ramen eater, and definitely not a vegan, but my friend sent me the recipe video and it looked so good I had to try it. The combination of the coconut cream, fresh veggie stock, mushrooms, and soy/sesame/chili oils created a perfect spicy/umami flavor.

The recipe is here (I think the chef has a very pleasant voice):

Mine doesn’t look exactly the same (once I stirred the broth more it did change to a more curry-like color) but the taste is superb. I also made my own veggie stock the day before which I’m sure helped the flavor. The stock recipe is here:

I’m sure I’ll be making this again :yum:

2 Likes

This was super easy and delicious

2 Likes