The French

Oh shit, you guys made my day! :stuck_out_tongue:

I usualy blame myself when I happen to spend one hour or more on that forum. So when I see that some of you waste so much time to look for “my” picture, I feel like I owe an apology (well, almost).
Yeah, that was bullshit. I did that to show Fred that we can read anything from a picture, just like from statistics. I said Blueface edited it just to piss him off a bit. He used to fetch some good french jokes from the net on the old french thread.
Next time, I’ll write a PS, just like the orgasm joke.

Fred, I didn’t get your post about guests and stuff. I’m not too much into poetry and periphrases, besides english is my third language, so be nice to me : if you want to say “screw you”, just go for it. We’ll both save time. :wink:

Why French are so unilateral? Because we’re not a superpower.
US is strong enough to play with the UN, strong enough to put pressure on countries under their influence and get what looks like an international support to do whatever they want. That’s being unilateral under disguise to me.
If France could afford to do that we surely would play everything “US style”. Sadly, we’re a dying country, working only 35 hours a week and everybody hates us. So don’t bother punishing us. By the time you deal with arab terrorists, korean nuclear power mongers and commi China, France will surely be an history book chapter.

Time to go out for a beer.

Taurus

Another Allied war cemetery desecrated in France.

[i]Un employ

I guess most here aren’t too up on French rock bands but here’s a name…Bernard Cantat of the group Noir Desir. He’s anti-american, anti-war, anti-globalization, etc, etc.

He’s also being held by Lithuanian authorities for smashing the skull of his girlfriend, French actress Marie Trintignant. She’s in a coma and not expected to live.

From France Magazine:

At age 37, Bertrand Cantat is still a rebel at heart. The lead singer of Noir D

My country borders with France, and French is one of my country’s official languages.

Fact: The French don’t hate Americans

Fact: The French hate loud, obnoxious Americans (ie most Americans who travel)

Fact: You people who rip-off France have obviously never LIVED there; it’s a really great country

Fact: It’s easy to make fun of France when there are no people from France posting.

Fact: It’s acceptable for an American to make fun of the French and Arabs, but god forbid anyone makes fun of a jew or a black, although most yanks have never been to the Middle-East or Africa (I have). BTW, that was not a ‘racist’ statement; just my opinion.

And oh yeah, Pakistan rocks!

Does Pakistan border with France?

Just asking …

[quote=“Rascal”]Does Pakistan border with France?

Just asking …[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rascal: Who would have guessed that you would have a sense of humor! Hanging around with blueface too much these days?

Probably frigor is referring to Belgium? and not that other nation: Pakistan. However, I guess we can assume from his post that he has been to the Middle East and therefore this is important to the discussion on France because France is now a Muslim, Middle Eastern, Third World nation run by fanatics and filled with terrorists.

The thing though is that you may see many Americans in France and not know that they are in fact Americans. How would you know? Perhaps some of them even gasp speak French.

No the point of this is to have fun slagging on the French. It beats defending the US all the time. Best defense is offense and all that don’t you know. Besides, some good jokes come of it and it’s a bit like kicking the dog after a bad day at the office. Oh yes…

Taurus: Screw you! :wink: What the hell criticizing my poetry. I think that you are just jealous that I have such cultural and artistic talents which are manifest in my cultural accomplishments. That is it! Admit it! Frog Boy! :wink:

Still, I would have to say, disagree with the US policy to Iraq, but why oh why send your foreign minister all over kingdom come to BLOCK the US policy unless you had a strange view of world affairs and had labeled the US as enemy number one which is to be contained at every opportunity. If that is oversimplified, let’s here from our French amis as to what they think.

In the meantime, I shall continue to like most of my French friends while praying for the day that the country gets some enlightened leadership and tells that poncy little shit de Villepin to go back to writing poetry full time. He’s quite accomplished don’t you know. Blech!

A French and American general were surveying a battlefield. A bullet strikes the American general, grazing his arm. He shouts “Aide! Bring me my red jacket!”
The French general asks “Why did you do that?”
The American general responds “So my men don’t see that I’m bleeding, and lose hope.”
A second bullet narrowly misses the French general’s ear, and he shouts: “Aide! Bring me my brown trousers!”

Darling of the Left Bertrand Cantat, French rock star, anti-american activist, anti-war activist…murderer.

Actress dies after alleged beating

PARIS, France (AP) – French actress Marie Trintignant has died of cerebral edema at the age of 41, according to a physician at the hospital where she died.
Trintignant, who had been kept alive for several days on an artificial respirator, died at the Hartmann Clinic in suburban Neuilly at 10:20 a.m., according to neurosurgeon Stephane Delajoux.

The actress, who hailed from one of French cinema’s best-known film families and enjoyed a successful movie and stage career of her own, was flown to Paris on Thursday from Lithuania, where she had been filming a television movie with her mother, director Nadine Trintignant.

Trintignant’s boyfriend, French rock singer Bertrand Cantat, is in police custody in Lithuania and is the prime suspect in her death. A Lithuanian judge on Thursday ordered his detention through Aug. 14.

cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ … index.html

Sorry I was just having an orgasm being so close to the Eiffel Tower.

EB

Fred:

It’s no justification but the French nuclear tests were
apparently needed because the French don’t have the simulation
software that can replace testing that the U.S. has.

i.e. without it the U.S. would have done the same.

If you believed any governement cared about any natives, I’d
say you’re naive, but in your case I’d rather go for disingenuous, if
that’s OK with you. :sunglasses:

EB

Fred/MaPoDoFu:

Tell the Brits the French are unilateralists. They’ll have
a laugh. Why on earth do you think the EU exists at all?

EB

Fred & consorts

To judge by your posts it looks like you’re just pissed off
and you don’t know what to say.
It’s not humour, it’s bad breath.
I think you’re fumbling in the dark for want of better things to do.
It doesn’t look good and the sad reality of it is you’re giving a bad name to America.
I accept the point that France has an image that’s too nice compared
to the reality of it, but what you’re doing is just compelling the problem of this
shitty image the U.S. has now, thanks to Bush.
And you only manage to look like stooges for Bush’s antics.
Not exactly attractive.
Why this thread if not for the punch in the nose at the UN?
Is this all you can do, run around like brainless Bushmen.

Sad little Bushmen. :cry:

EB

[quote=“speakpigeon”]Fred/MaPoDoFu:

Tell the Brits the French are unilateralists. They’ll have
a laugh. Why on earth do you think the EU exists at all?

EB

----[/quote]
Speakpigeon, my Euro-Forumosa-friend… my oh my… I just don’t know what to say. I… think… those are the words of someone who doesn’t even have a basic understanding of the EU.

The Economist, the most objective, best-researched and most clearly written journal in the English-speaking world, has constantly painted a different picture. There are a million news articles like this written in major publications worldwide (except France). Do a Google search.

The following excerpt is from “The Cross Channel Rivals,” Charlemagne, The Economist, Oct. 10, 2002. economist.com/displaystory.c … id=1378673

[b]The British regard the French as devious, law-breaking nationalists with undue influence in the Eurocracy, busy advancing French national interests while pretending that it is all for the good of

[quote=“frigor”]My country borders with France, and French is one of my country’s official languages.

Fact: The French don’t hate Americans

[/quote]

Oh my… oh my… oh my…

foreignaffairs.org/20030301f … anism.html

“Why Do They Hate Us? Two Books Take Aim at French Anti-Americanism.” Walter Russel Mead. Foreign Affairs. March/April 2003.

“…anti-Americanism is, as both Revel and Roger convincingly argue, a self-referential Franco-French phenomenon largely untroubled by larger questions of fact.”

And to compare the European (specifically French/German/Belgian) attitude towards the US with American attitude toward Europa-

“Enough, Children.” Lexington. The Economist. Feb. 27, 2003. economist.com/displaystory.c … id=1607892

[b]"Certainly, American anti-Europeanism is a marginal phenomenon in comparison with its evil European twin. A (real) Google search generates 401 references to

Bravo Warmonger!

Make room in the Gang for Seven. Did you get this updated yet Rascal?

I agree completely. I do have numerous French friends and have had very nice times in France but now we are arguing about French foreign policy as others have argued about American foreign policy and we do so only as “concerned” world citizens.

France’s shameless unilateralism can no longer be allowed. Regime change is needed now and in France. The sheer hypocrisy of the terrorist French states only shows that the leadership is only interested in Big Business and Oil.

So how’s Paris doing on meeting the standards it so bravely signed onto in the Kyoto Protocol? No where near meeting them? Well why oh why in the world would France have signed the treaty if it had absolutely no intention of meeting the requirements?

The nuclear testing may or may not have been done by other nations (hypothetically) but it WAS DONE by France. Remember the same nation who is constantly screaming about the unilateralism of other nations? the same nation who would no doubt want to form a committee or take the matter to the UN?

Now French friends. To the real question. France can choose to disbelieve American reasons for going to war in Iraq and can refuse to support those efforts, but why try to hard to BLOCK them? by sending de Villepin to all manner of nations to bribe and twist arms to get them to vote no? What does Iraq have to do with France? Does America run around the world protesting and attempting vetoes when France wants to take action in Cote d’Ivoire or Congo? Oh, that’s right. These “actions” never went to a vote in the UN Security Council. Gee. Why is that?

Do any of you truthfully believe that America is a great danger to France or the World? As citizens you have a right to argue for your view of the world, but why if you are so interested in stopping unilateralism do you not begin at home first? Why if you are so interested in protecting the environment do you not ensure that your government is in compliance with the very treaties it signs first?

Just curious (haha) and where is Taurus these days? Must I once again write poetry like that ponce de Villepin to get the attention of my French counterparts? Okay, here you go Speak Pigeon.

There once was a nation named France
Which fell into an evil trance
In its folly, it believed it was great
Having a special destiny was its fate
Hoping to have another chance.

Then along came a mighty nation
with an eminent and powerful station
Known as the land of the free
With strong emphasis on liberty
Which needed no deluded justification

Well, the middle-aged sagging Paris couldn’t stand it
Throwing fits and demanding mandates
To challenge and discomfit the threat
Which the younger more beautiful rival did not get
Which threw the old ugly nasty filthy whorish wretched, demented, cheap, trashy, wanton, worthless, cynical, shameless, shameful, cowardly, craven, disloyal, cruel, nasty, selfish (sorry got carried away!) crone into a fit

So the moral of this sad and strange tale?
To realize that France will only fail
Yet again to realize its dreams
while the rest of the world squeams
at the embarrassment following in Paris’ trail

Hope you frogs like that little ditty. Let me know if de Villepin needs any help writing his next book of “poetry.”

Hey, Writer:
I agree with you on the Economist being the “most objective, best researched and
most clearly written journal”.
I’d say more U.S. citizens should spend more time reading it rather than watching
Fox News. :sunglasses:
So a good point here, Writer.
I don’t know why you should limit this to the English-speaking world, though, ah-ah.
Your choice of article to illustrate this is pathetic, though. :cry:
It really is.
It smells.
Go and hide yourself in your local trashcan.
Do it now, please. :laughing:

EB

Hey, Writer:
I fear you don’t even understand this article doesn’t tell you anything the cleaning
lady couldn’t tell you. :blush:
We all know this and this wasn’t the point.
The real point is about the allegation that France acts in a unilateral way.
Well, France and Germany are regarded as the two countries with any real political
will to push through a European agenda, not Britain.
Who is unilateral, then? :frowning:
EB

Hey, Writer:
This of course is very well known and lamented in Britain. The big business there is
indeed concerned, and saying so, that Britain has basically managed, by its own
volition and to its own detriment, to stay out of the European decision making
process. The Euro is a recent example. The war on Iraq is another. :sunglasses:

Who is unilateral, then?

The argument against further integration is very strong in Britain, not in France.
So when a few of you guys say France acts unilaterally, many people in Britain and
throughout Europe know best because the score on that one is very clear and been so
for a very long time.
That it should be Americans, well, Bushmen I think is a more informative a term
here :P, that claim that France tends to acts unilaterally is only revealing of the
propaganda now turned against France for having given the U.S. a bloody nose at the
UN.
You’re just as transparent as your masters.

EB

Hey, Writer:
It is indeed revealing because if somebody looks unilateralist at the moment it is the
current U.S. administration, not France. The same U.S. administration that chose to
disregard the multilateral organisation that is the UN.
Indeed, at the UN, France had the support of the large majority of the governments
represented, this in spite of the unashamed bribing and diplomatic pressures brought
to bear by the Bush administration on many small countries.
So who cannot resist being unilateralist, and a bully to boot? :unamused:
In countries throughout the world, including Britain, Poland, Spain, Japan, Korea,
Canada, Mexico, majorities of their population were opposed to the war on Iraq.
So who has been unilateralist lately?

If you don’t have anything to say, don’t say it. :blush:

Love. :shock:

EB