The Frying Scotsman Chat Thread (Part 1)

What are their soft opening hours?

Holy Sassenach! Fish and chips! Real style, ya all say? My prayers have been answered. I’ll be making a a pilgramage for sure! :lovestruck:

Don’t know if this is true of the soft opening, but official opening hours are 11:30-11pm Mon to Thurs, 11:30 - 12 Fri/Sat and Sun as yet undisclosed.

I’ve just found out why 35 years ago the best part of the after school fish and chips were those little bits at the bottom.

Not forgotten at all. I was happy to meet you.

[quote]
I’m thinking of maybe going back on Saturday for the official opening, even though it will probably be madness in there.
Anyone else going?[/quote]
I’m going to see if I can convince the Hiking Club to meet there after our hike, to replenish the calories we lost.

And yes, the Coke was ridiculously overpriced; beers are a better value. The meals were reasonable.

And then somehow stagger to Ranthemans show.

Soft opening hours 15th & 16th are 7.00pm to 10.00pm only.

Then hours after the official opening will be

Mon - Thu 11.30am to 11.30pm
Fri - Sat 11.30am 12.00 midnight
Sun - 12.00 midday - 10.00pm

This came ‘from the horses mouth’ so to speak

:smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

[quote=“Chris”]
I’m going to see if I can convince the Hiking Club to meet there after our hike, to replenish the calories we lost.[/quote]

What’s to persuade? I was going to go anyway! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi All, FS here.

Point taken about coke, I had lowered myself this morning prior to reading, however, please bear in mind the cost of set up, running never mind the rent! I cannot compete against 7/11, YET, but as sales go up price will come down! I am not here to rip anyone off.
We have been open two nights, 6 hours in total, improvements made to batter, and chips are as they are! I will get it right! but need frying time.

Opening on Saturday will be at 12 NOON following which our hours will be:

Mon - Thur 11:30am - 11:30pm
Fri- Sat: 11:30am - Midnight
Sunday: 2pm - 10pm

Many thanks for the kind words and encouragement from all those who have been in so far, I am doing my best, under difficult circumstances, such as neighbours who dont like the noise or smell, environmental issues etc.

Sat TV will be in by Saturday night, now that I have gained approval from the building management, I can get the 40ft dish out of the fryer!

Mars bars are going down well!

Thanks all.

Duncan

PS: Newspapers will come soon, just too many other things on my mid at moment, if anyone has any clean papers, please bring them in for me.
I will have to wwrap in white paper first, due to health reasons, but see no reason not to double wrap for takeaway.

Duncan
FS

Scraps were available tonight Bob, but my batter is so good that it sticks like glue to the fish!

No chance for lunch today?? Even if I grovel???

[quote=“fryingscotsman”]
Scraps were available tonight Bob, but my batter is so good that it sticks like glue to the fish![/quote]

Sorry I missed them Dunc but had to have a sit down meal with fine bone china and nice silverware last night and help the poor guy who has to ofishiate your opening with his offishal speech. I suspect it may be ad-libbed!

See you on the morrow at high noon. I’ll be representing the feifdom of Cumbria and the Northern Working Mens’ Scraps Eating Association.

Keep it up marra.

Bob

Oh, do you get your haggis from those guys, or you make it yourselves?

scottishhaggis.co.uk/Default.htm

(Sandman might enjoy this link as well.)

[quote=“Connel”]Will you have boiled rice so the locals can order YuPai Fan ?

Sort of tongue in cheek, but when I used to frequent MrFish… he would get asked that all the time, and he finally added it to the menu :noway:[/quote]

And that sorry tale was the beginning of the end for Mr Fish; he floundered into obscurity.

[quote=“highwave”][quote=“Connel”]Will you have boiled rice so the locals can order YuPai Fan ?

Sort of tongue in cheek, but when I used to frequent MrFish… he would get asked that all the time, and he finally added it to the menu :noway:[/quote]

And that sorry tale was the beginning of the end for Mr Fish; he floundered into obscurity.[/quote]
You said that on porpoise, didn’t you?

Looks good, must venture there soon :sunglasses:

[quote=“Tetsuo”]Their website:
http://fryingscotsman.com/index.html

OMFG an actual fish and chip shop! And their website says they’ll sell pies! PIES![/quote]
Would someone post an address (or at least the cross street?)

Their website is down, and all references I found via Yahoo are only to sites that have links to their website

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“Tetsuo”]Their website:
http://fryingscotsman.com/index.html

OMFG an actual fish and chip shop! And their website says they’ll sell pies! PIES![/quote]
Would someone post an address (or at least the cross street?)

Their website is down, and all references I found via Yahoo are only to sites that have links to their website[/quote]
OK, everything seems to be working for me now :idunno:

Address: #393, HsinYi Road, Sec 4 (and thanks to Malc at TaiwanHo! for telling me the address before the websites came back online)

Duncan,

Well done. The plaice and chips were excellent.

May your businesss prosper.

A

Did I mention the chips?

Got a large Fish and Chips last night.

One word:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: