The GAME CLUB oh yeah!

That will be my last game club before a (well-deserved?) holiday break of at least three sundays, so count me in, guys, I’ll see you there. I’m not a big scrabble player (not even in my native language, let alone another one) but maybe I can trick you a bit into helping me?

Or somebody might be willing to play some Backgammon with me?

See you on Sunday

Iris

I cleared the schedule for tomorrow. I’ll be there.

WEEKLY REPORT

Thanks everyone. What a terrific gathering we had today: Miltown, Twinkie, Iris, Rascal, Amos and wife, Alleycat, Sir Don, Ax, and whomever I’ve stupidly forgotten, for which I apologize but my memory sucks so please forgive me, and I’m sorry also that there were so many of us that it was kindof spread out and we didn’t all have a chance to talk, but what a nice time it was and I hope we can see youall in the future. Happy CNY to all of you and see you in two weeks. :smiley:

Yeah great day guys. Scrabble just aint my game. Have to bring the Aussie Rules Football in next time :sunglasses:

I got a sherrin, right here in Taipei, all it nneds is air!

Had great time today…thanks to miltownkid. Bri, and Twinkie for squabbling with me…I skip the scrabble game because it’s time-consuming instead of braincell-consuming. Great to meet Amos, rascal and MT. Thanks to Iris for taking us pictures. I had a good laugh eavesdropping the pychoxiaojie’s discussion and gave my shot-in-the dark remarks…miltownkid :slight_smile: and hope you like that Coaster Alleycat…

here’s the pics taken today:) see you in two weeks yeah…
Segue Game Club
ax

i just wanted to echo everyone’s sentiments; it was a lot of fun.

here’s some random info (saab backwards):

baas-n
Etymology: Afrikaans, from Dutch
South Africa : BOSS, MASTER – used especially by nonwhites when speaking to or about Europeans in positions of authority

ah…the things you learn when you have a dictionary :wink: [/i]

and this one? we really need a dictionary. someone bring a laptop pls:)
duvet (dU vAY, dyU-) n.
1. a usu. down-filled quilt, often with a removable cover; comforter.
2. a decorative casing for such a quilt.
[1750-60; < F: down (plumage), MF, alter. of dumet, der. of OF dum <
< ON dunn DOWN 2]

ax

Yeah, it was good fun! See you the week after CNY … :slight_smile:

I feel like an ass because I didn’t read this thread and showed up on Sunday. On a side note, they have a decent carbonara with bacon which I got to eat alone upstairs while everyone played “Let’s go upstairs and stare at the foreigner”…it also gave me some quiet time to work on my writing. Sounds like there was quite the shindiggery going on while I was in Kaohsiung with Okami visiting Durin’s Bane. If only I had known that I could have stayed in Kenting for another day instead of heading up to cold, sunless Taipei. Grrrr…

Look forward to seeing everyone this coming Sunday. I hope the turnouts so I can meet more of y’all.

Here it is, Friday again. Yeeehaa. Every work week should be two days. Hopefully we’ll see embryopoet on Sunday along with all the old faces, and I’ll bring chess, Twinkie, if you’re up for a re-match.

SUNDAY AT 3:00

See you there.

:smiley:

yo,

i’ll be there with bells on…uhh…well, just without the bells.

till sunday…

Oh, I forgot, I wanted to come this Sunday, but I just decided to go to Taidong. Hope you can have a good time without me and I’ll try for next time. Someone lose a game of chess for me.

Brian

Will do.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]I’ll bring chess, Twinkie, if you’re up for a re-match.
[/quote]

i think i’ll just watch you and imaniOU play chess. i think i’ll be too drained to do anything involving brain cells…as i have to go to work today (saturday). :frowning:

yo everyone,

i decided to hitch it up to hualien to go job searching - just to see what’s available, if anything - so i won’t be back for tomorrow…i’ll see you at the next one.

thanks for the invite and all the love.

I just made a short guide on how to play Chinese Scrabble.

If it’s not very clear, just drop me a note.

ax

Yesterday was fun. Thanks to Mr. Pain for losing to me :slight_smile: hehehe… Thanks to twinkie for beating me up…and salmon ain’t bad either…squabble rocks…play again eext week…

I think of changing place of meeting. There’s another caffee on the next two alley from shuangyu which is called xin1 fa2 ting3. They got nice music, richer selection of hot and cold drinks…(chuaping included), the boss is an artist. he plays guitar and paints.

Tell me what you guys think>

ax

I like Shuang Yu. I like it a lot. It’s my favourite cafe. I wouldn’t go against a majority decision, but I’d be very dissappointed if we changed the venue. :? (there’s no worried emoticon)

Brian

I’m with Bri.