The Good News Thread

She really likes 101.

2 Likes

It’s been a long honeymoon. :heart_eyes:

Guy

1 Like

Who’s she?

It’s Dr Sana Hashmi, from India, currently a postdoctoral fellow at NCCU; also affiliated with the Research Institute for Indo-Pacific Affairs, Japan; she works on Taiwan & China, especially in relation to India.

We need more folks like this here.

Guy

3 Likes

I can burp and fart at the same time.

Yes we know but how skilled are you at taking photographs of Taipei 101? :grin:

Guy

I am placing this one in the “good news” thread, as this story highlights conservation, beauty, and Rukai Indigenous revitalization around Siiaoguei Lake (小鬼湖; in Rukai: Taidrengere), located near the border of Taitung and Pingtung Counties. The diversity of life in this part of Taiwan is amazing!

Guy

5 Likes

If forumosans are interested, here’s where this amazing place is located:

Guy

3 Likes

Whoa, tough to get to!

I have been camping around Wutai a few times, also a nice day trip for lunch. But that’s the other side of the watershed!

1 Like

I think this is a story that belongs here, I have been watching this as it develops, but been a little quite as of late so was starting to think the worst. so glad they found them.

5 Likes

Amidst all the bad news of summer 2023, here’s a positive story. Working with the local Bunun community, conservation authorities in Taiwan have helped to rehabiliate an injured formosan black bear, who has been again set free. Every bear counts!

Guy

3 Likes